Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had issues with the dash lights flickering and even blacking out, so I took it in to the dealer. There is a recall in place for this problem but apparently the sure fire fix is to replace the gauge cluster.

I picked up the car and sure enough, it just comes up with "Challenger" at the startup screen. I checked and they ordered the part through my VIN so this should have worked. I bought the car fully loaded (everything minus the shaker option which wasn't available at the time) and I have the Scat Pack Interior/Exterior packages. The bee animation is something I paid for, yet so far Chrysler has no clue how to correct this. Is this not a simple upload? If anyone has a clue how to implement this, please let me know and I"ll pass the information on to my dealership. I appreciate the help guys =)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had issues with the dash lights flickering and even blacking out, so I took it in to the dealer. There is a recall in place for this problem but apparently the sure fire fix is to replace the gauge cluster.

I picked up the car and sure enough, it just comes up with "Challenger" at the startup screen. I checked and they ordered the part through my VIN so this should have worked. I bought the car fully loaded (everything minus the shaker option which wasn't available at the time) and I have the Scat Pack Interior/Exterior packages. The bee animation is something I paid for, yet so far Chrysler has no clue how to correct this. Is this not a simple upload? If anyone has a clue how to implement this, please let me know and I"ll pass the information on to my dealership. I appreciate the help guys =)
Wait, so you had the bee startup, and now its gone after they replaced the cluster??

Wow. I would take it back and complain. That is indeed something you paid for, and is advertised on the car.

So far we have nothing on how to do it ourselves.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wait, so you had the bee startup, and now its gone after they replaced the cluster??

Wow. I would take it back and complain. That is indeed something you paid for, and is advertised on the car.

Oh it never left the dealer. I came to pick it up last night and this was the first thing I checked. When I saw it was missing I parked it right back and updated their staff. I've had a loaner for close to 10 days now. Somebody chipped the door while it was there as well so it's going to the body shop Friday morning.

They have contacted Chrysler for help on this and so far no one has an answer. How is that possible? I must be the first Scat Pack in the country who's had the gauge cluster replaced that had the Bee Animation at startup. Disappointed with Dodge's support so far to say the least.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Oh it never left the dealer. I came to pick it up last night and this was the first thing I checked. When I saw it was missing I parked it right back and updated their staff. I've had a loaner for close to 10 days now. Somebody chipped the door while it was there as well so it's going to the body shop Friday morning.

They have contacted Chrysler for help on this and so far no one has an answer. How is that possible? I must be the first Scat Pack in the country who's had the gauge cluster replaced that had the Bee Animation at startup. Disappointed with Dodge's support so far to say the least.
Jeez man. Good luck to you. Now I am afraid for my scat pack! Hope chrysler can figure this out. Somebody has to know.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
So I wonder for the guys that do not have the cartoons in the other thread if they pulled a dash from a bone yard if it would have the Bee cartoon???

·
Registered
255 Posts
So I wonder for the guys that do not have the cartoons in the other thread if they pulled a dash from a bone yard if it would have the Bee cartoon???
Maybe but how many Scats do you think are sitting in bone yards right now? That's the problem.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Well thanks to your misfortune, we may get a patch created!

Good Luck, and i sincerely mean it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've been wondering if that would happen, especially since I'm taking mine in on Monday. I've been wondering if a flash would have taken it away too. I've updated the uConnect and it's been fine. Anyone know if the same happens with the PCM swap with Diablo?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thanks to your misfortune, we may get a patch created!

Good Luck, and i sincerely mean it :thumbsup:
I"ll let you know guys know what they find out for sure! I miss my car and I'm not a fan of leaving it at the dealer for this long. I hope Chrysler gets on the horn and straightens this out very soon. Pretty ridiculous no one knows how to flash their own hardware correctly.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Having some experience in the auto manufacturing industry, there are two possibilities here. 1- the cluster comes pre-flashed from the vendor, with a specific part number (p/n) for each Challenger model or 2- all clusters are the same (within each series, such as the SRT & Scat have the same tach & 180 speedo, Hellcat is diff and 5.7/SXT also different) and get flashed upon final assembly (but this is more difficult). My educated guess is that there are different p/n for each of the 6.4 clusters that may only be separated by a -1 or a letter (such as SRT is 12345678-1 or -A, Scat might be 12345678-2 or -B, Scat w/SPAG 12345678-3, etc). Possibly the parts guy didn't look closely at this (or the P/n label on the old cluster) and hence got the generic cluster (my SRT just says 'Challenger' when it boots up).
Just my 2 cents, but a possibility to pursue...check the p/n closely. My guess is that the cluster is pre-flashed, as flashing during the assembly process would really bugger the line if a flash went "blue screen"...the line workers don't have the capability or time to debug a buggy cluster.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just picked up my 2015 challenger Scat Pack on 7-15-2012 and it just says Challenger when I start it up . Looks like were going back to the dealer Monday . I wonder if that is something that could be just re flashed .

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
I just picked up my 2015 challenger Scat Pack on 7-15-2012 and it just says Challenger when I start it up . Looks like were going back to the dealer Monday . I wonder if that is something that could be just re flashed .
Does your car have SPAG?. The Bee start up screen is only available with that package.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A 2015 purchased 3 years ago?:grin2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm almost certain that the same cluster (part number-wise) is in all of the Scat Packs, but older versions don't have the firmware with the animation.

If the car is already programmed with the appearance package, the "animation enable" is already being sent to the replacement cluster, but If the files aren't in the firmware, there isn't anything to show. The replacement cluster was probably sitting on a shelf for a few months and simply has an pre-animation cluster firmware.

I'm 99% sure that if you replaced that cluster with a newer one, the animation would come back. If the dealership cannot update the firmware in the cluster, good luck in convincing them to try a newer one...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm almost certain that the same cluster (part number-wise) is in all of the Scat Packs, but older versions don't have the firmware with the animation.

If the car is already programmed with the appearance package, the "animation enable" is already being sent to the replacement cluster, but If the files aren't in the firmware, there isn't anything to show. The replacement cluster was probably sitting on a shelf for a few months and simply has an pre-animation cluster firmware.

I'm 99% sure that if you replaced that cluster with a newer one, the animation would come back. If the dealership cannot update the firmware in the cluster, good luck in convincing them to try a newer one...

I agree... I have a Scat Pack that was purchased in December with the SPAG. I may take this direction with Customer Care and my dealership.

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger RT Plus
16 Posts
I just saw the BEE on start up on YouTube after I read you were talking about it ,,,that looks so cool,,,I cant believe you had to pay for that,,,,that should be FREE,,,the dealer I went to tried to charge me $30.00 to turn the orange driving lights on ,,,nickel and dimeing cars over $40,000.00 is dumb..

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just saw the BEE on start up on YouTube after I read you were talking about it ,,,that looks so cool,,,I cant believe you had to pay for that,,,,that should be FREE,,,the dealer I went to tried to charge me $30.00 to turn the orange driving lights on ,,,nickel and dimeing cars over $40,000.00 is dumb..
Are you serious? The salesman is supposed to go over every option in that vehicle when he hands the keys over to you... if he doesnt offer then he is doing a horrible job.. $30 to push a few buttons on the uConnect.. jeez.. that is part of the sales procedure

·
Registered
245 Posts
1 - 20 of 84 Posts