Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question based off my experience today:
I took my Challenger to the dealer for 5 things. Oil Change, Tire Rotation, Check alignment, Locate coolant leak, Re-attach my front spoiler bolts that got pulled out when it was caught on a parking carb. I made a word document with bullets and photos showing the missing bolts and coolant drops on the engine. I gave them any detail I had on each issue. (I'm attaching a photo of the document just so you can visualize). I dropped it off the night before. They called be at the end of the next day stating that couldn't find the coolant leak. Ok. Fine. I couldnt find it either. Maybe I resolved it prior (details not needed for this rant). Anyway...They said that there was a vibration in the rear that "may" be a bad tire or rim so they DIDNT check the alignment OR rotate the tires and that they would do the oil change the next morning (day 2). OK. Day comes. I ask them about the spoiler. "oh, he didn't see anything". I'm missing three bolts and the spoiler is bowed down and I even INCLUDED PHOTOS OF IT. So they pulled it back in the shop and found that they didnt have the right clips in stock. Now. My issue. They had it 2 days and did ONE thing on my list! When I started the car, DING! Oil change require! I lost it and went off on them. They didnt check the aligment. They didnt rotate the tires. They ignored the spoiler and I had to TELL them AGAIN to do it and they didnt reset the reminder. I felt like they didnt want to even bother with the car. Would YOU be upset by this?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts
You have a right to be upset. There is no excuse for that type of incompetence. Unfortunately, the quality of service can vary greatly between dealers. Try to find a better one. Maybe someone on this forum can recommend one. Where do you live in Florida?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Lesson learned...They lost a customer...Hopefully you have another dealership in your area that you can go too. If you dont, then tell the exact same story to the service manager and see how he responds.. Maybe he will throw in a free oil change!

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
If you can help it, don't drop off without walking the service rep around your vehicle and point out everything in person, get confirmation that they understand, etc.

Likely your notes were handed to a tech that isn't trained to look at anything but a service order.

Sorry about your experience.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I would try to find another dealer, you guys are so lucky to have several dealers to choose from. I wish it was the same in my case. We've got two dealers only and it's not that easy switching from one to another.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I only trust one dealer within the NY metro area with my car - and I drive 30 miles to get to them. Find a better dealer, stick with them, give them good surveys when they do good work, handle dissatisfaction outside the survey process directly with the service department, and hopefully, you can build a relationship with a dealer that deserves your business...

·
Registered
359 Posts
I only trust one dealer within the NY metro area with my car - and I drive 30 miles to get to them. Find a better dealer, stick with them, give them good surveys when they do good work, handle dissatisfaction outside the survey process directly with the service department, and hopefully, you can build a relationship with a dealer that deserves your business...
Which dealer would that be if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I feel your pain. So far each dealer I've taken my Challenger and wife's 300S to have caused more issues than they've resolved.

I love these cars, but fear the inadequacies of their dealer service network may push me toward other brands.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the support. I do have other dealers in the area. This one was almost in walking distance and I bought the car there. I'll try elsewhere. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. Earlier I had a leaking power steering pump and they couldnt find that either. It left stains when parked for 5 minutes.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes, it is time to change. The dealer I have purchased both my cars from have a fantastic sales department but a lousy service department. They are 55 mile from the house. However, the local dealer that is 6 miles from me has a lousy sales department but a very good service department. Guess I lucked out.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Make sure to write several public reviews of what happened on google and other review sites. That's the only way to warn others that don't read forums.
I made a complaint on dodge's public website.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a hole-in-the-wall repair shop near me that several guys bring their cars to when they need work rather than go to a dealer. The repair guy always says that if we take it to the dealer they will do the warranty work for free, but we all would rather pay him to do it correctly than have the dealers mess it up for free.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts