Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got off the phone with my dealer, and he told me my order was in D1 status and a VIN was assigned. However, he did not offer to give me the VIN (and I didn't ask) and did not provide a projected build date. Should there have been a build date scheduled at this point? If I had asked for the VIN, can I track this myself? This is my first time ordering a build, so I'm a bit clueless about the whole process.

·
Premium Member
9,135 Posts
Get your vin# from the dealer, here are Chrysler's codes.
Chrysler Order Status Codes
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BA: New order that hasn't been checked
BB: Review by fleet department
BD: Special equipment processing
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule
C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available (Vin # assigned at this point)
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Shipped to Upfit Center (for Stripe)
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage
KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/recieved
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer
ZA: Canceled

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Yellow Jacket 2012!

Just to clarify my understanding, does "scheduled to be built" mean that the specific (estimated) date has been set? And if so, is this provided to the dealership at this point?

I don't want to call back and bother my dealer if he does not have this information available.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Your dealer should send you an updated POC every time the status code changes. Mine did without me even asking.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I just got off the phone with my dealer, and he told me my order was in D1 status and a VIN was assigned. However, he did not offer to give me the VIN (and I didn't ask) and did not provide a projected build date. Should there have been a build date scheduled at this point? If I had asked for the VIN, can I track this myself? This is my first time ordering a build, so I'm a bit clueless about the whole process.
Depending on what you ordered, you may have a build date or they may just know it will be built during the week of xxxx. Your dealer should give you the VIN without having to ask for it. Call and get it NOW. If you ordered an SRT, go to drivesrt.com, click 'contact us' at the bottom of the page under SUPPORT, and you will find their phone number (855-778-8326) to call for updates or a 'live chat' option. If you ordered a non-SRT, the go to dodge.com, contact us, and chat with someone there, or call 800-423-6343.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I went to dodge.com and at the bottom of the page it has "contact us" click that, then on the second page you can use "Live Chat, Email or call them". I used the email and asked for updates on my order and gave them my name and VIN.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called dealer today and car is in KZL status as of 11/9. He said the car should be in PA next week. Can't wait!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Update: I think they're moving along quick, my order just got updated to D1 - Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built - and I've received a VIN.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ordered mine on 10-30.....D1 status 11-09.....Build scheduled week of 11-23........Hopefully by Christmas it will be here, Never ordered a car before but it seems the Brampton guys are whipping these out pretty fast. Anybody else with experience feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I received the D1 Status on my Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body on April 2nd. Dodge customer service says that the estimated deliver date is April 17th. What I don't understand is how my car will be delivered to me from 525 miles away in just 2 days after they build it?

·
Registered
13,735 Posts
I received the D1 Status on my Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body on April 2nd. Dodge customer service says that the estimated deliver date is April 17th. What I don't understand is how my car will be delivered to me from 525 miles away in just 2 days after they build it?
It won't. This same problem happened during the January shutdown with build dates being assigned like the plant was open. Even if your car was built on the 15th and it takes about a day and a half at Brampton, it still has to go to the Upfitter so I still say about mid-May at the earliest to get your car.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
It won't. This same problem happened during the January shutdown with build dates being assigned like the plant was open. Even if your car was built on the 15th and it takes about a day and a half at Brampton, it still has to go to the Upfitter so I still say about mid-May at the earliest to get your car.

No build date was assigned to it. Only a delivery date was assigned.

·
Registered
13,735 Posts
No build date was assigned to it. Only a delivery date was assigned.
Customer service must have a program that estimates dates based on time without looking at what is really going on. When guys were first ordering their Redeyes they were giving them build dates in a few weeks when everybody knew that production would not start til months later in October but still didn't stop them from getting these unrealistic build dates of which none of them turned out to be true.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Customer service must have a program that estimates dates based on time without looking at what is really going on. When guys were first ordering their Redeyes they were giving them build dates in a few weeks when everybody knew that production would not start til months later in October but still didn't stop them from getting these unrealistic build dates of which none of them turned out to be true.

Maybe the build date will be adjusted once the Brampton plant reopens on April 15th. However, the good thing about my Challenger order is that the Dodge plant has all the parts on hand that are needed to build my car readily available on location inside the plant. So when they reopen on April 15th, they can put the build date on their list and just build the car without having to wait for the parts.

Another thing which comes into my mind is I wonder how many orders of Challengers that are unbuilt yet which need to be built after the Brampton plant reopens on April 15th?

·
Registered
13,735 Posts
Another thing which comes into my mind is I wonder how many orders of Challengers that are unbuilt yet which need to be built after the Brampton plant reopens on April 15th?
Yes that is the question. No doubt there will be cars already assigned and in line but the good thing for you is that it is a sold order and your car will take priority over dealer orders especially now since the reason for the shutdown was too much dealer stock, can't see them cranking out more dealer stock while letting sold orders sit at this point, although that does happen early in the model year.

The Upfitter could be a point of delay too so hopefully the backlog was cleared out and they will be ready to roll.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes that is the question. No doubt there will be cars already assigned and in line but the good thing for you is that it is a sold order and your car will take priority over dealer orders especially now since the reason for the shutdown was too much dealer stock, can't see them cranking out more dealer stock while letting sold orders sit at this point, although that does happen early in the model year.

The Upfitter could be a point of delay too so hopefully the backlog was cleared out and they will be ready to roll.

Yes, I hope that my sold order will take priority over the dealer orders. I'm hoping that my car can be built between April 16th to 25th, so I can take delivery of it by the first or second week of May. It's a good thing that the vehicle doesn't have to travel a very long distance (only 525 miles) from the Brampton assembly plant Massachusetts.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Get your vin# from the dealer, here are Chrysler's codes.
Chrysler Order Status Codes
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BA: New order that hasn't been checked
BB: Review by fleet department
BD: Special equipment processing
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule
C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available (Vin # assigned at this point)
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Shipped to Upfit Center (for Stripe)
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage
KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/recieved
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer
ZA: Canceled

How long can a Challenger stay in the "I Stage" which is the "Built not ok'd Stage"? How many days? I was told that a car can be in this particular stage for 14 days. Is this true?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts