Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
My Challenger Wide Body has been in the "I Stage" (the inspection stage) now for the last 3 days (since April 23rd). It entered into the "I Stage" (the inspection stage) on April 23rd. When I was online talking with Dodge live chat (customer service) just a little while ago, they cannot tell me whether or not my Challenger Wide Body has already completed the inspection stage yet (the I Stage).

My Challenger is supposed to go to the next stage which is the "JB Stage" in order for it to get the Scat Pack Racing Stripe and the wider Wide Body wheels and tires on it. How many days does it usually take on average for the assembly plant to complete the inspection on the Challenger? Could it be possible that my Challenger has already completed the inspection stage, but because it hasn't been shipped to the Upfitter yet, that's the reason why it's still in the "I Stage" (the inspection stage)?? Does anybody in here know anything about this??

·
Registered
576 Posts
My Challenger Wide Body has been in the "I Stage" (the inspection stage) now for the last 3 days (since April 23rd). It entered into the "I Stage" (the inspection stage) on April 23rd. When I was online talking with Dodge live chat (customer service) just a little while ago, they cannot tell me whether or not my Challenger Wide Body has already completed the inspection stage yet (the I Stage).

My Challenger is supposed to go to the next stage which is the "JB Stage" in order for it to get the Scat Pack Racing Stripe and the wider Wide Body wheels and tires on it. How many days does it usually take on average for the assembly plant to complete the inspection on the Challenger? Could it be possible that my Challenger has already completed the inspection stage, but because it hasn't been shipped to the Upfitter yet, that's the reason why it's still in the "I Stage" (the inspection stage)?? Does anybody in here know anything about this??
By now I would've thought that you knew better than to put any faith in what chat tells you.

Several people do indeed know about these "delays", and that it's anybody's guess what happens when, and why.
Not that I remember what your "hoped for" delivery date was, but I know it was extremely optimistic.
Welcome to the real world, Sam, and I do hope your car is fine when you do get it, eventually.

·
Registered
310 Posts
By now I would've thought that you knew better than to put any faith in what chat tells you.

Several people do indeed know about these "delays", and that it's anybody's guess what happens when, and why.
Not that I remember what your "hoped for" delivery date was, but I know it was extremely optimistic.
Welcome to the real world, Sam, and I do hope your car is fine when you do get it, eventually.

Do you think that it will not be fine when I get it? What do you know that I don't know that I should know? Do the Challengers have quality problems from manufacturing?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Do you think that it will not be fine when I get it? What do you know that I don't know that I should know? Do the Challengers have quality problems from manufacturing?
It's not that I think it won't be fine, but there are - unfortunately - a number of things that can go wrong. And it would be naive to think that it can't happen to your car, as much as I hope it doesn't.

The paint issues you were worried about due to the shutdown wouldn't concern me in the least, but there was one car that came with such poor paint fixes that the buyer ended up ordering a new one. It all worked out for the better, but did take time.

Salt spray, and consequent corrosion, from transport shouldn't be an issue for you at all. Not this time of year.

I've already pointed out that our '19 took over four months to make it to the dealer, from after it was built.. And when it finally arrived it was damaged.

Again, I'm not saying that anything bad will happen to your car, but please realize that it can.
Be realistic, especially about the arrival time of your car. You may want to forget that you ever heard about FCA chat, for example. Unless you like getting your hopes up (and down) based on sketchy info at best, just relax.

Call the dealer for more accurate updates, maybe once a week. Worst case, there are things like Valium to help you make it between the calls.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's not that I think it won't be fine, but there are - unfortunately - a number of things that can go wrong. And it would be naive to think that it can't happen to your car, as much as I hope it doesn't.

The paint issues you were worried about due to the shutdown wouldn't concern me in the least, but there was one car that came with such poor paint fixes that the buyer ended up ordering a new one. It all worked out for the better, but did take time.

Salt spray, and consequent corrosion, from transport shouldn't be an issue for you at all. Not this time of year.

I've already pointed out that our '19 took over four months to make it to the dealer, from after it was built.. And when it finally arrived it was damaged.

Again, I'm not saying that anything bad will happen to your car, but please realize that it can.
Be realistic, especially about the arrival time of your car. You may want to forget that you ever heard about FCA chat, for example. Unless you like getting your hopes up (and down) based on sketchy info at best, just relax.

Call the dealer for more accurate updates, maybe once a week. Worst case, there are things like Valium to help you make it between the calls.
It took me 5 months to get my 1320. It does seem that once it is built and goes to the upfitter its not any good info on the chat line. The good news is that, in my case, the car arrived in just 2 days from the time it left the upfitter in Windsor. It came in an enclosed trailer. The good was in great shape. No defects that I could see.

·
Premium Member
9,135 Posts
I don’t know how long it can take, they stop it for the reason at hand and until they correct that it stays held. It can be a parts supply issue or somehow something installed correctly and they don’t want to continue and make it harder to correct but not something that makes the car not perfect when finally delivered.
I had the opposite experience, I was given an approximate delivery date and the car arrived 10 days early.
Do it old school like I did, don’t check in and keep asking for updates, the phone will still ring and you will get the hey, your car is here, when can you come take delivery?
Best wishes to you and hope it moves along soon.

Clint

·
Registered
310 Posts
I ordered mine a month ago to the day.... still hasn't gone into build mode yet.... D1 still.....:crying:

Wow! That’s a very long time for it to still be in D1. Did your Dodge dealer know why it hasn’t been built yet? Could it be that the assembly plant is switching to building Chargers now for the next week or two instead of Challengers?

I think that we both ordered our cars on the same week? Didn’t we? I ordered my Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body on March 26th and I received the vin and von numbers and D1 Status to my car on the next day on March 27th. The assembly plant then closed on April 1st for 2 weeks and when it reopened on April 15th, my car went on the same day into E Status with the frame being built. Then on April 16th, it went into the F Status into the Paint Status. Since then, it took another 3 days for it to to go thru the G Trim Status and into the current I Inspection Status that it's in right now and it’s currently now waiting to clear inspection and to go into the next Status (JB Status) to be shipped to the Upfitter for them to put the wider wheels and the Scat Pack stripe on it.

How is it that we both ordered both of our cars at the same time and my Challenger already got built before yours? It’s very odd. Do you think that’s there’s something wrong with yours being in the D1 Status for over 1 month now? I wonder what’s keeping Dodge from bringing you car to the next few built stages? Is Dodge having production/assembly problems that we are not aware with? What does your dealer say. I was told that if a car remains in the same Status for 14 days, then Dodge can prioritize the build. Have you called Dodge yet to find out what’s going on?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm going to check back with them today and see what's going on...... question.... I've noticed when browsing thru dealer's inventory that some dealers list wide body 6000 then adaptive damping suspension for 995.... I did not order the ADS because it comes standard on the wide body package... is this a BS sales pitch or something I've missed ?

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,853 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
19 scat pack triple nickel
92 Posts
I'm going to check back with them today and see what's going on...... question.... I've noticed when browsing thru dealer's inventory that some dealers list wide body 6000 then adaptive damping suspension for 995.... I did not order the ADS because it comes standard on the wide body package... is this a BS sales pitch or something I've missed ?
I would verify with window sticker and not completely trust dealer comments that could easily have errors. How often do they have the wrong color listed?

·
Registered
310 Posts

The adaptive dampening suspension is standard on the Wide Body Challenger. On the sticker, the adaptive dampening suspension is listed as part of the $6,000 price. In other words, the $6,000 price for the Wide Body also includes the adaptive dampening suspension in it. It's listed on right on the MSRP sticker.

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
Sounds like the same dealer bs where they charge $995 for Destination on top of the $1495 that FCA already charges, gotta watch for these scummy dealers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
no answer from the dealer yet.... I'm definitely chomping at the bit to get this bad boy.... hopefully I'll get an update of Monday ... And Yes way too many scummy dealers.... wonder why that is ?

·
Registered
310 Posts
For someone who's concerned with rust, I didn't think you'd want anything dampening on your car.
(Sorry, Sam, couldn't resist)

I’m not going to worry about rust. It will be given back at the end of 3 years and someone else can worry about it. In the meantime, I will be driving a brand new 2022 Challenger Wide Body or the new redesigned 2022 Charger.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I’m not going to worry about rust. It will be given back at the end of 3 years and someone else can worry about it. In the meantime, I will be driving a brand new 2022 Challenger Wide Body or the new redesigned 2022 Charger.
Okay, okay. But you were worried about getting dust on it earlier, and dampening it wouldn't have been good for it then, either.

·
Registered
310 Posts
no answer from the dealer yet.... I'm definitely chomping at the bit to get this bad boy.... hopefully I'll get an update of Monday ... And Yes way too many scummy dealers.... wonder why that is ?
Were you able to get any information on your car yet? Is it on it's way?

My car is still sitting at Argus. Today is day 8 and counting that my car is still sitting at Argus still in KZ Status. Dodge customer service said that it says on their system that my car is "ready to ship", but that there's no ETA ship date assigned to the car yet. There must be a shortage of rail cars for this to occur. I cannot see what else would be causing the shipping delay.

I don't know if this means anything, but I drove by my Dodge dealer 2 days ago and they just got in a Black Scat Pack RT Wide Body on their lot. I took a look at the build date sticker on the door and 3/19 was written on it. I also found a sticker on the back carpet with the date 3/8/19 stamped on it together with another sticker on the front floor mat with 3/11/19 stamped on it. If that car was manufactured on 3/11/19 and then went to the upfitter and if it was delivered to the dealership just the other day on May 6th, then it was probably sitting at Argus for many weeks while it was in KZ Status before it was trucked to the Toledo rail yard for shipping to the dealer. If you take into account the 18 days that the Brampton assembly plant was closed in April (from April 1st to April 14th and from April 19th to April 22nd), the Wide Body Scat Pack that I saw on the lot was not affected by the Brampton plant closing because it would've already been at Argus during the time that the Brampton assembly plant was shut down. Argus did not shut down when Brampton was shut down.

So that particular car must've spent over 5 weeks at the upfitter at Argus from sometime after March 11th when it was shipped to Argus up until 1 1/2 weeks ago when it was put on the rail car and shipped to the dealer. If this is the case, then these Wide Body Challengers are spending a very long time at the upfitter because there are no rail cars to accommodate them to ship them out to their final destinations. I think that CSX is having capacity problems with shipping motor vehicles. I found the weekly CSX rail carload reports that I pasted below that show a fluctuation of the number of motor vehicles that are loaded on their rail cars each and every week. If you look at the data, you will see that there's a fluctuation from week to week. This week the load capacity is down -9.6%. Last week it was up +6.8% and the week before it was up +1.9%, ect, ect..
So basically, the numbers show that there's something going on with the capacity issue for the motor vehicle transport on these rail cars. That's the reason why it's taking so long for them to determine a shipping date for my car.

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2018%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2017%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2016%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2015%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2014%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2013%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2012%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2011%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2010%20AAR%20(1).pdf

·
Registered
310 Posts
I made a mistake earlier today when I said that my Scat Pack was still sitting at Argus. That was a mistake. My car was moved on May 5th to the Connor Yard in Michigan where it's been the last 3 days awaiting to be trucked to the Toledo rail yard to be put on a train to make its way down to the local train depot in my area.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts