Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my salesman sends me a pic of my car, it's on its way from Alabama to Texas, dealer trade. I bet my salesman 5 bucks that the paint on the wheels will be damaged by the time the vehicle arrives.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
My black wheels where chipped and someone tried to cover it up with touch up paint. Had them put new wheels on due bill.

·
Premium Member
10,055 Posts
Tire straps go over the tire and ratchet down and work well, these aren't them. Hope you're wrong and they arrive blemish free.

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Yeah that car is not strapped down properly but that is common with many haulers, they don't invest in the correct wheel straps to do the job. Even the 18-wheel hauler that brought my car to the dealer used chains against the written order of Chrysler that only proper tire straps be used and that chains were not an acceptable method of securement.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ouch..thats gonna leave a mark

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
They should build some tie-down loops on the darn cars.
I would never, ever tie a car to a trailer by using a point on the body/chassis. The car is going to bounce and those points are going to be subjected to pretty heavy shock loads when the car bounces around on the suspension. Those are tow loops to provide a connection point to tow the vehicle up/out, not tie down. Always strap to the wheels/tires or, if it's a solid-axle, the axle itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Incredible someone would strap down the car this way...just make them replace them if they are scratched. :fight:

·
Premium Member
10,055 Posts
So, my salesman sends me a pic of my car, it's on its way from Alabama to Texas, dealer trade. I bet my salesman 5 bucks that the paint on the wheels will be damaged by the time the vehicle arrives.
So what is your current car that is replacing/adding to?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts