YGF 8 Additional Gallons of Gas 0
3EJ Gas Guzzler Tax 1300
Destination fees....825

Total price was 48,495 as built

Just if anyone is interested.....

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Was that with all options? Looks that way. I thought the auto was 900 bucks and the manual was to be included. ???
Thanks anyway.

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
TC, Your build list is almost Identical to what I've put together, but how did you decide on the Billet color and Gray stripes? Do you know what they look like - bright silver and darker gray?
The Billet depicted on the Dodge site scared me a bit. Looked kind of blue but they obviously don't have them very accurate so far.

BTW: Love your list of Mods! LOL

·
Registered
84 Posts
Unless I missed something I came up with $47500 for a total. My dealer also indicated that the manual was $0 and the automatic was priced option.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Unless I missed something I came up with $47500 for a total. My dealer also indicated that the manual was $0 and the automatic was priced option.
His final number is correct; however, no one added in the $995 Auto tranny:

2011 Challenger SRT8® 392 RWD $42,555
Dark Slate Gray Interior Color Included
Billet Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint Included
Monotone Paint Included
20-Inch x 9.0-Inch Forged-Aluminum SRT® Design Whls Included
245/45ZR20 All Season Performance Goodyear® Tires Included
Premium Leather Trim Bucket Seats w/ Accent Stripe Included
5-Speed Automatic Transmission $995
392 CID V8 SRT HEMI® Eng w/Fuel Saver Technology Included
Media Center 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV $395
--1-Year SIRIUS Travel Link Service
--30 GB Hard Drive with 4,250 Song Capacity
--6.5-Inch Touch Screen Display
--Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices
--Garmin® Navigation System
--SIRIUS Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio Subscription
--SIRIUS Travel Link™ w/1-Yr Travel Link Subscription
Gas Guzzler Tax w/DGJ $1,300
Dual Gray Center Stripes Included
Power Sunroof $950
Interior Appearance Group by Mopar® $780
--Bright Door Sill Guards by Mopar®
--Car Cover by Mopar®
--Premium Floor Mats with Logo by Mopar®
SRT® Option Group II $695
--13 Kicker® SRT® High-Performance Speakers
--200-Watt Kicker® SRT® Subwoofer
--322-Watt Kicker® SRT® Amplifier
Destination Charge $825
Net MSRP$48,495

...Per Dodge's Website.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oops, found an error. 5th line down: you got the auto instead of a manual ;)

J/k. Looks good, didjya order it??

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
TC, Your build list is almost Identical to what I've put together, but how did you decide on the Billet color and Gray stripes? Do you know what they look like - bright silver and darker gray?
The Billet depicted on the Dodge site scared me a bit. Looked kind of blue but they obviously don't have them very accurate so far.

Image from BYO site with Billet:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,134 Posts
With the new "fuel saver technology," I didn't realize that the new 2011 autos have a $1,300 gas guzzler tax.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
With the new "fuel saver technology," I didn't realize that the new 2011 autos have a $1,300 gas guzzler tax.
Yeah, and the non-"fuel saver technology"-ed one has a $1000 tax :scratchhead:...

And how does this "technology" not affect the performance of the 6.4? On the 5.7, it drops it 4 hp. :scratchhead:, again.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

I really wanted black stripes but,
Thought the gray stripe would look better than the silver on the billet. This is just a best guess. I kind of figured if I didn't like it, I would just put some custom stripes on.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Idk where my quote went wrong but I ordered the exact same options, fully loaded minus the six speed, back in November. My dealer called me on Wednesday and said that it's going to be $47, 565. He also told me that the VIN has been issued and it is "on the line" but not finished yet. I've heard rumors from all over the place that production isn't set to start until the end of January, as well as people already getting their cars. I think I'm going to switch to the six speed though, realized that I'd probably regret not getting it. Anyone have any ideas why our quotes are different?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm sure the new SRT8's will be really sweet rides, but that kind of price really sours any chance that I'll ever buy one. Guess I'll just enjoy a test ride at the dealership and watching them go down the drag strip.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I'm sure the new SRT8's will be really sweet rides, but that kind of price really sours any chance that I'll ever buy one. Guess I'll just enjoy a test ride at the dealership and watching them go down the drag strip.
The next best thing to Christmas morning is the anticipation. Give it a year or so and you'll be able to find one of these for a lot less.

I got my '09 R/T in late '09 after the original owner could no longer get insurance due to too many speeding tickets. It was just like new - even still had the plastic carpet covers from the factory - and I saved thousands over buying new.

There'll be folks with new families, economic challenges, changing priorities who will need to take a considerable loss on the Challenger SRT to rid themselves of the payments. Hopefully, you can take advantage of that if you want to.

In the mean time, we both can take comfort in the fact that we have wonderful cars now - so no big rush.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts