Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am looking to purchase a Hellcat in the next month or so and am looking to get some feedback on any dealers in the area. Particularly am looking for a dealer that is trustworthy or at the very least FAIR... I am purchasing a 2020 Hellcat (Maybe the redeye if the price is right) Probably used with under 10K miles if I can find one. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
9,660 Posts
Personally I wouldn’t buy a used car that almost certainly was driven hard, the fact it would be for resale with that low a mileage is questionable.
A dealer isn’t going to cut a deal and give it away, they know they have you before you even walk in the door. I’d instead look for a reasonable dealer but one that is near you so you have reliable service if needed.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Personally I wouldn’t buy a used car that almost certainly was driven hard, the fact it would be for resale with that low a mileage is questionable.
A dealer isn’t going to cut a deal and give it away, they know they have you before you even walk in the door. I’d instead look for a reasonable dealer but one that is near you so you have reliable service if needed.
Just depends on the previous owner. I've had my car ( bought new ) 14 months ago and it only has 3,200 on the clock, as my daily driver. If I don't move out of country when I turn 50, I'll most likely be trading it in in 2 years for a Bronco. Though my car is not a hellcat, it doesn't get driven hard at all, but I do spirited driving with it. It's well maintained with quality items and garaged. Just because it has the bigger motor, etc... doesn't always mean it's been driven hard. Granted, vehicles like mine ( taken very well care off and not driven hard ), are few and far between.

·
Premium Member
9,660 Posts
Just depends on the previous owner. I've had my car ( bought new ) 14 months ago and it only has 3,200 on the clock, as my daily driver. If I don't move out of country when I turn 50, I'll most likely be trading it in in 2 years for a Bronco. Though my car is not a hellcat, it doesn't get driven hard at all, but I do spirited driving with it. It's well maintained with quality items and garaged. Just because it has the bigger motor, etc... doesn't always mean it's been driven hard. Granted, vehicles like mine ( taken very well care off and not driven hard ), are few and far between.
Exactly, my car is 8 years old, has only
About 11,000 miles and has never been driven or or seen 100 mph. It looks as clean as day 1 inside and out. If I sold it it looks like a time capsule from 2012. Then there are 10’s of thousands of Challengers that aren’t cared for but on the outside are shiny and look ok but have been flogged or driven to the limits.
as they say, BUYER BEWARE!

·
Registered
2011 SE/SXT
131 Posts
If a dealer already used one at a dealer unless it was traded up doubtful so soon, they might have a Demo vehicle on the lot. Now it maybe as rare but could be a chance to see if they have a Demo on the lot save little bit of money might be only way to get a break on something that new.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Bayott76-
From your description I would stay FAR AWAY from dealers and deal exclusively with an enthusiast. Please consider the following:
1) The car you want is new enough so you will get the balance of the warranty either way. You can register with FCA over the phone and with one Email. Pretty easy process actually.
2) The enthusiast will know the cars "history" beyond a technical data dump from a CarFax. You want to know who had your car; was it driven by a racer or someone who babied it? Buying from the dealer is blind.
3) You may get a folder of receipts, original documents and bill of sale. To me that is important and a good maintainer records are gold.
4) The individual may "help you with a generous sales price figure to help you with your taxes due at registration. The government recognizes "Challenger" only and not "HellCat" as the system can not determinate the difference between a V6 and a blown motor so register as a base model and save yourself some money-- dealers can only report sales price.
5) The experience- Buying from "one of us" is always better than buying from some dude on commission whos next customer is a min-van buyer. The seller will WANT to know his baby is going to a good home.

Now, the only thing that a dealer can provide "easier" is the financing piece. However, if your credit is solid, you will have no problem from a bank or a credit union. The banks may be a point or two higher on interest rates but your offset is the "Claimed purchase price" on your registration documents.

Buy from people not corporations

1 - 6 of 6 Posts