Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you know I am not stateside, therefore I cannot look at cars to pick my favorite color. I am swinging between granite grey and black and thus spoiled for three different kinds of black on the Hellcat order.

Over here manufacturers usually supply dealers with high quality gloss printed brochures that contains all the marketing hogwash the drones came up with and most importantly a page that shows samples of the paint printed in a manner that actually reflects the actual color as it looks when the car is delivered. Don't they have those in the US?

I have sent a buddy of mine onto the quest and so far 3 dealerships have denied having any brochures/take away printed marketing stuff for the HC or any 2015 Challenger. Is that common, or is the distribution of that stuff just falling in line with actual availability of the vehicles ("any [strike]week[/strike] month now")? They just refer him to the internet for information, which kind of makes sense, but is not really satisfying for choosing the color.

You can only reflect the true appearance of a color so much on a screen... Does anyone know of a site that has the pictures of all three black shades done in a way that you can meaningfully compare them to one another? It would really suck to just toss a coin for some black shade only to find out the other one looks much better in reality when I come over to pick up the ride...

·
Registered
228 Posts
My local dealer has no 2015 color brochures either, Print colour contrast can be different than the real thing same as a computer monitor.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
My dealer only had a small brochure that featured a Sublime Scat Pack. I also requested one online from dodge.com and what came in the mail was the same thing. The larger brochure is available online too, but was hoping to get it in print form.

Reactions: RealG

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger Hellcat
961 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
That's the one I want in print form. Will have to check with my dealer again.

·
Registered
936 Posts
This may not help you in your situation, but many times a certain color is also available on other models. So you may be able to view that Pitch Black color you are interested in on a Dodge Dart for instance or even a SRT Viper in the showroom etc.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, that would have been the obvious route. However, my location right now is Germany. I honestly see more Ferraris than Vipers on the roads, let alone showrooms. Many of those vehicles and brands never are officially offered here. There are a few importers, the main is 600km away from me. So I was eager to something that could be sent in the mail by my buddy to give me an idea.

Can anyone describe between pitch black and the other Tri Coat black tone?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah, that would have been the obvious route. However, my location right now is Germany. I honestly see more Ferraris than Vipers on the roads, let alone showrooms. Many of those vehicles and brands never are officially offered here. There are a few importers, the main is 600km away from me. So I was eager to something that could be sent in the mail by my buddy to give me an idea.

Can anyone describe between pitch black and the other Tri Coat black tone?
heck I live just outside of Houston Texas and I see more Ferraris than Vipers....me don't thinks the Viper sold too well (shhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
i may be able to get a few more if anyone is interested! Let me know. I could mail you one!
My local dealers only have the small one. It'd be great if you could mail me one! Feel free to PM me if you're up for it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts