Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,324 Posts
@indyrogue
Apparently you read little to none of this thread, as it plainly states the OP purchased a USED 2017 Challenger in post #1..........

·
Registered
18 Posts
@indyrogue
Apparently you read little to none of this thread, as it plainly states the OP purchased a USED 2017 Challenger in post #1..........
I did read it just a long time ago :) the only thing that I read today what is the OP’s new post and I had forgotten that it was a used car. The OP may still wish to consult his lawyer about the fact that he was left in a worse position after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
A lot of people in this thread seem to be hung up on the fact that i wrote ''I bought a new 2017 Challenger."
I meant new for me. I thought it was obvious to everyone that there is no such thing as a ''new 2017''
being it's 2020. But apparently that was lost on a lot of people...

Regardless, be safe out there with COVID going on right now. I'll be hard pressed to get a car for a bit,
since everything is closed currently. But I'm just glad this is all being resolved and hopefully over with
soon when they come to pick up the car (I don't want to chance driving it anywhere lol).

·
Registered
18 Posts
A lot of people in this thread seem to be hung up on the fact that i wrote ''I bought a new 2017 Challenger."
I meant new for me. I thought it was obvious to everyone that there is no such thing as a ''new 2017''
being it's 2020. But apparently that was lost on a lot of people...

Regardless, be safe out there with COVID going on right now. I'll be hard pressed to get a car for a bit,
since everything is closed currently. But I'm just glad this is all being resolved and hopefully over with
soon when they come to pick up the car (I don't want to chance driving it anywhere lol).
Ask the dealership to help you. It is a mess they agreed to, but you are left at the worse end of this deal. You are left without a vehicle and you cannot buy one until the pandemic settles down. If they want your continued business in the future, ask them to help you out. It doesn’t hurt to ask right? Even if it means they pay for a rental car for a period of time or let you use a lesser value used car. I just think the dealership owes a little bit extra to you in this situation. Though, I understand why you just want to put the entire situation behind you and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
434 Posts
Really weird. In another forum the opposite happened to them, yet they were told they are the owners.

Just don't see how you need to bring it back.
I tried to post the link but this site won't let it work

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Probably depends on their contract paperwork vs mine, and more so: that person's
willingness to want to fight the outcome. I COULD certainly fight this and let a judge
decide...

I am not willing to let this drag out, even if it is heavily favored in my chance of
winning. Not going to gamble with something like this at a time like this. While I do
love the car, it doesn't mean THAT much to me. I'd rather just erase this experience
and move on.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,613 Posts
As mentioned, undoing the whole thing is probably the best. I believe you would have won in court, but that's from the information we have. The minutiae legalities may say different. But why fight it. Beyond trashing them on social media or complaining to FCA after the fact, you're left with a story

A Guy

Reactions: BlackenedSVT

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
434 Posts
As mentioned, undoing the whole thing is probably the best. I believe you would have won in court, but that's from the information we have. The minutiae legalities may say different. But why fight it. Beyond trashing them on social media or complaining to FCA after the fact, you're left with a story

A Guy
And i would certainly do that on SM but he will also get teh people thinking he should take it back....as some here said. But im telling ya, i wish i could post the link to the other thread in another forum at challeneger ****** for the opposite happening and the dealer sticking it to them.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Not sure if you care, but in another forum, Luke at Steve Whites just got in 3 new 50th Anniversary Challengers to sell, not ordered.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #112 (Edited)
Greetings! Sorry its been a while but there has been some updates, for those of you interested. To keep this short, the dealer rejected my offer to return the car (despite them demanding it in their initial letter to me). I told them they can take it back, they said ok, as long as there wasn't any excessive wear and tear. I sent them pictures of it still in mint condition and only a few hundred miles on it after a month and a half. The next day they changed their mind and wouldn't take the car back (without stating why). Either because (1) it's not legally/physically possible or (2) the height of March-April Corona virus prevented such a thing or (3) most likely it was just a massive bluff to begin with.

So that left me with (1) telling them to F off, and prolong this headache for a future/potential trial or (2) negotiate. After weeks of negotiating (and them making all kinds of strange monetary demands), they were willing to settle for $500 + the removal of the warranty + me having to turn in the Chevy Truck Lease (which was about another $500 in fees). So after the $5,500+ they botched and gifted me, I'm still ahead on the deal. Here is a picture of the car at DODGE dealership (not the Ford dealer i got it from) now for an oil service at 31k miles.

While this all was a MASSIVE hassle, I hope you all have enjoyed this full disclosure of a random dealership experience. The car is quite awesome honestly and it's an absolute great daily driver. :)

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Greetings! Sorry its been a while but there has been some updates, for those of you interested. To keep this short, the dealer rejected my offer to return the car (despite them demanding it in their initial letter to me). I told them they can take it back, they said ok, as long as there wasn't any excessive wear and tear. I sent them pictures of it still in mint condition and only a few hundred miles on it after a month and a half. The next day they changed their mind and wouldn't take the car back (without stating why). Either because (1) it's not legally/physically possible or (2) the height of March-April Corona virus prevented such a thing or (3) most likely it was just a massive bluff to begin with.

So that left me with (1) telling them to F off, and prolong this headache for a future/potential trial or (2) negotiate. After weeks of negotiating (and them making all kinds of strange monetary demands), they were willing to settle for $500 + the removal of the warranty + me having to turn in the Chevy Truck Lease (which was about another $500 in fees). So after the $5,500+ they botched and gifted me, I'm still ahead on the deal. Here is a picture of the car at the dealer now for an oil service at 31k miles.

While this all was a MASSIVE hassle, I hope you all have enjoyed this full disclosure of a random dealership experience. The car is quite awesome honestly and it's an absolute great daily driver. :)

View attachment 997307
Good deal. Glad it worked out for you.

That's a sweet ride. Keep enjoying it.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
You are insane for darkening the door of that dealership ever again—-especially their service department. o_O

·
Registered
263 Posts
What the Hel ... Really they refused to take it back. I'd almost sue them for attempted fraud, did anything the send to you go through the US Mail? this is a rally down low dirty dirty bunch of business people... the should all be dismissed immediately for incompetence and immoral business ethics. To drag you through this, the dealership owner, wow was that peron involved in this crap, what did they know and when did they know it. LMAO. Scum bags.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
565 Posts
I'm always glad to hear it when the little guy wins. Now, officially .... Welcome to the Brotherhood of Muscle!

I'm betting your Challenger felt much more comfortable at the Dodge dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
This made me laugh out loud hahah
I didn't get it serviced at the same rip off ford dealer! haha this is at a different Dodge dealership.
You’re forgiven :LOL:

101 - 118 of 118 Posts