Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I've just moved over to Cali from the UK, I am trying to get myself a '14 Challenger R/T Classic with the following options:

Jazz blue pearl
Leather seats
Sat-nav
Classic polished wheels
Sunroof
Rear Dif
Super Track Pak
Sound Group II

So far i've been quoted $504 per month for 72 months at an interest rate of 4.04% with a $6,000 down payment for a grand total of $42,288 is that a good price considering all the options and the 6 years of interest?

Also I was considering the MOPAR pack but I can't see how it justifies a pricetag of $1K for a few shiny trimmy bits, does anyone have it that would consider it being worth it?

I am literallly creaming myself over the thought of this car so im trying to wrap this up by tomorrow so I can go for a PCH cruise this weekend :smokin:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don't do it. Go to a bank first and see if you can get a better interest rate then play the dealer against the bank. Additionally, you may want to wait for the 15 to come out as dealers will be dealing the 14s like crazy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with Hemied up, you should go visit a Credit Union and see what they could give you. You would have more bargaining power going in, since you're already pre-approved and won't need financing through the dealership. He's also right about waiting for the 15' to come out, you might even get a good deal on an SRT instead!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good tips thanks, I'm going to see the exact model tomorrow which I'm hoping to drive off the lot, don't have the patience to wait till the new ones are rolled out but I will use that as a bargaining tool!

What other goodies do you think I could get rolled in the package, might push for some form of free oil change? What's the best deals anyone's got thrown in?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sounds like you were pretty "gung ho" to get the car now. but if you haven't as of yet (3 days later) don't negotiate monthly payments, negotiate the cost of the car. Go to edmunds.com to enter your info your looking for to get invoice and MSRP and go to the dealer with that information.

Agree with others to see what a bank or others will offer interest rate, but if you don't get that in time, you can always refinance later if a better rate comes around. Plus, sometimes dealers through in "deals" if you finance through them.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
If you do your home work you should be able to save $7000 - $8000
off of Msrp,,,,Look at all the Dodge dealers on their website since some will give
you their best pricing.........JQ

·
Premium Member
4,347 Posts
ozzo, Harley and Johnny have all given you solid advice. What kind of rebates are you getting? Go to the dodge site and sign up to have a brochure mailed to you. You just might qualify for another $500 off. I think rebates up to $2000 are out there. Also, try Glenn E. Thomas Dodge, I got a smoking deal from them! Ask for Brad Davis.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Sounds as if you are already emotionally attached to the car. That's the worst position for you to be in and the best for the dealer if they know. I agree with the others about waiting and trying to get the best deal. Ask for the employee pricing which is usually 3% below invoice. I wouldn't pay anymore than that for a last year model right before a refresh. You can get a SRT for that price.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts