Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
My experience was a 10

Thunder Bay CJD / Thanks
I would like everyone on CT to know what a GOOD experince I had with Thunder Bay CJD in Alpena, Michigan. Took delivery this morning of my 2013 SRT 8 "Core" Challenger in Plum Crazy. Car was order on 4-11-2013, Eric Stewart (owner) and his team kept me informed thru the whole process, car arrived around 2 pm Friday 5-10-2013 car was prepped and ready for my arrival saturday morning 5-11-2013 @ 9 am after my 250 mile drive to dealership, I was greeted by his friendly staff at 8:45 am, inspected the car prior to Eric showing up at 9 signed all paper work, Craig Wekwert Inventory Manager took the car and FILLED up the tank ,not just 8 gallons. Took delivery with 2 miles on odometer no Joy rides, Eric gave my son and I each a DODGE hats, and we were on our way. Truely the best car buying experince I have ever had. So if your in the market for an new Chyrsler-Jeep-Dodge or Ram give them the opportunity to earn your business.

Thanks to all at Thunder Bay CJD

Reactions: wasp392

·
Registered
190 Posts
DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE 10+

GRESHAM DODGE, GRESHAM OREGON

I use to work dealership parts for 18 years, these guys provide the kind of service that I came to pride myself on providing. Bought a 2013 Redline last year. They provided an outstanding price on the car, no hassles or number games in finance, service department more than friendly, and parts department matched all my on-line accessory prices. Went back this last January and bought a used 2013 Dart for my wife and got the same exact treatment. Have a 2014 Anniversary Challenger due in 4/18 with these guy's and they have been spot on with all of my request for this new car to date, and I am expecting another great experience with them on this purchase.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sales 3, Parts 8, Service 2

Glendale Dodge, Glendale, CA

I'd only recommend the parts department here. The offer discount if you ask them. Fast shipping and friendly crew.
Sales people are clueless about what they sell. Cars are not cleaned well and maintained. I've seen chipped strips and water spots on brand new cars. They don't negotiate well. Tried on a few occasions. They had 2 yellow jackets on the lot for almost 2 years. Srt stock is few.
Service department is horrible. Scary. It's been a family owed business for decades.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Fair Oaks Dodge, Chantilly, VA

Sales process was very good, including professional and highly service-oriented staff, an excellent financing arrangement, a low-pressure offer to purchase extended warranties, and numerous follow-up calls and emails to check my satisfaction.

Service visits have been easy to schedule; department staff is professional, highly skilled. I have been completely satisfied on my visits and, again, they have called and emailed to ensure my satisfaction.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Might want to have this thread moved to the "Dealer Experience" section instead of the section you have it in now....

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Administrator
3,748 Posts
No problem guys. I'll move it now.

Bernie

WORLD control by Samsung Galaxy S4 AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Benson CDJ, Greer SC, 10 out of 10.

My family has bought over 30 cars from them and they make the process almost too easy. I didn't plan on buying a car when I went and looked at my Challenger but they made it nearly impossible not to.

·
Registered
37 Posts
San Marcos Dodge, TX - Service - 8. (Timing chain recall) They were very polite and provided me a driver. (That was unexpected). They also checked the codes and brakes for me - at my request and didn't charge me for either. First time there, hopefully the last as I'm not a dealer fan at all. The again, is anyone?

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Len Stoler Dodge in Westminster, MD. Finance guy has a blown stroker 426 in his Challenger, shop foreman/head tech is outstanding and very into performance, service manager always takes care of us very well. I can't say enough about them. I will try to direct every Challenger owner that I meet that's from around here to take their cars to them for anything. The are outstanding about warranty work - don't try to bs you. The best I have ever dealt with.
When I hear/read about guys having all sorts of problems with dealers/service dept I wish they lived close enough for me to send them to this dealer.

Dick

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,882 Posts
Classic Dodge of Denton

My Classic Dodge of Denton Ratings:

Service - 9/10
After trying a couple of other Dodge dealerships in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, I finally settled on Classic Dodge of Denton to take my Challenger to for service. Their service advisors and techs have been very professional and have gone out of their way to make sure I am satisfied. So I take my car there for all warranty work, recalls, and for other "non-free" service as well.

Parts - 7/10
I have only had limited interaction with their parts department, but the few times I did have to order parts, the experience was good.

Sales - 7/10
I did not buy my car at this dealership, so my rating here is only for the interaction I have had with the sales staff while on site waiting for my car to get serviced. I have been in so many times, the guys on the sales staff know me and my car by now, and one of them always comes to chat me up and ask how things are going. Then they will give me the sales pitch on the latest year model R/Ts they've got on the lot, always trying to entice me into trading my SE in for an R/T. But they are not pushy and know when to say "when" after I politely turn them down, which is why I give them a high rating even though I have not purchased a vehicle from them yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Trail Dodge, Stout Rd Menomonie, Wi after 2 dents and one paint chip they claim they didn't do. And after the statement "Its just a car" a negative -10 on a 1 to 10 scale.
Gilbert's of Sand Creek a 9.75 on a 1 to 10 scale.
See comment attached
After changing dealers because of a indifferent attitude with Trail Dodge, I took it to Gilbert's of Sand Creek. Wow what a small dealer. Sand Creek is an unincorporated wide spot in the road. Three bay service bays. Started it Wednesday morning, get a call at Ten, They damaged the radiator. Said they would order a new Mopar one and replace it at their cost. Car will be ready the next day. Get a call at 1:00 PM it ready to go. Went to pick it up. They take me back in the service area, show me the damaged radiator, then timing chain and related parts that are replaced. Said it took them over six hours as they took they time to do it right and didn't want to damage car. Very nice job, no nicks or damage anywhere on the car. Rental car was a Chrysler 300 loaded. Nice people, nice dealer. Can see why they are still in business since 1937. got to meet original owner, then the son that took over.
Very nice experience.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts