Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Herrnstein Chrysler-Dodge-Kia, Chillicothe Ohio.

Service: 6/10. Three visits, one for front seat air bag recall, was out within an hour. Visit two, to replace my cracked rocker moldings, again, was out within an hour. Visit three, timing chain recall, took a day longer than promised, radio cranked, clock not reset, greasy hand prints on hood, fenders, header panel and trunk lid, battery compartment left open, oil filter not changed but was listed as changed on the work order.

Parts: 6/10. Prices about 10% higher than every other dealer I called, no call when ordered parts arrived.

Sales: 0/10. Absolutely could not come to a deal when checking out a 2010 RT Classic, sales manager refused to come off the asking price, his response to my scoff to the asking price was to try and extend the term of the loan, which I also did not ask for. I ended up buying a new 2012 RT in another county for $2,000 less than their 2 year old car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Farrish Dodge, Fairfax, VA - Sales 10/10

Last week, I bought my Challenger at Farrish Dodge in Fairfax, VA.
This was my third new vehicle from sales manager, Miguel Zayas, and his team.
Once again, I rate Farrish - 10/10. :)

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Laukemper Motor Inc. in Mound City, Missouri treated me right. Lee Brown (formerly of Baxter/Performance) in Lincoln and Omaha is the new man in charge at Laukemper and he ordered and delivered my scat pack in just 32 days!

Lee treats everyone with respect and he's a humble, honest, no BS kind of guy. It's apparent that his sales staff respect him highly as well.

Give Lee Brown a ring before you go to your local MOPAR dealer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Premier Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Tracy, CA

Premier Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Tracy, CA

Sales: 1/10 The salesman was friendly but when I asked for their "best" offer, they switched to a closer. He gave me monthly payments to hide the actual costs and offered no dealer incentive. When I didn't like their number they came back with better ones, but actually just extended the length of the loan rather than giving me a fair discount (similar to other dealerships on the old model year I was looking at). I would have walked out in disgust, but they had the car I wanted and Dodge was offering really good rebates. They also pushed to get get a "special" deal on extended warranty. I went ahead and got it since I read in the contract that I could terminate without costs within a time period. I then did research and found they sold me a warranty at twice the cost and less coverage (time and parts) than the Dodge warranty. It's a shame they didn't bother to discuss and promote the Dodge warranty to me. I'd have been tempted to get one of those. I still am. As it is I went in and canceled the gap and extended warranty that they pushed on me after a few days of research. They also low-balled me on my trade at the bottom of the KBB seller range. I have come to expect that from dealers. It is easy money for them. I don't want the hassle of selling a car myself, so I always get taken. Boy, did they do a number on me this time though, they listed my trade at the high end of KBB dealer range and called it a "gem". At least I love my new car.

Service: 2/10 I've only been in once for service. It is unlikely that I will ever return. I installed fog lamps and an automatic switch to my 2014 SXT. They charged me $165 just to do the starscan programming to activate the fog lamps and automatic head lamps. I've read many other Challenger owners that did the same addition and this dealer has the dubious distinction of charging more for the simple service than any other dealership. A lot more than most dealerships, in fact. They did do the service and activate the Fog lamps, so I have to give them credit for that. However, the automatic lamps didn't work correctly and they didn't even notice. I had to find out from another dealership that I needed to upgrade my sun sensor to get it to work properly.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Rydell JCD in the city of San Fernando, CA. Great service dept. Ask for Chris.The only one I would trust working on my car.
GLENDALE dodge in GLENDALE, CA is just awful. They didn't even know how to turn on my DRLs.
Sierra JCD in Monrovia, CA is a mod friendly dealer as well. Ask for Bob the service advisor. But the tech that worked on my car was sloppy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
62 Posts
Anyone in Az...bought my Scat Pack from Chapman Dodge. Best car buying experience of my life. Nobody could touch their prices and my salesman was great. Ask for Scott Grimes.

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
Steve White Motors Hickory NC.......10/10 this is the best dealership in USA period. Luke is just a great person. I love Steve White motors......worth the drive down 100%.

In the Washington DC metropolitan area......Century Dodge in Mount Airy Md...Dave and the Service team are the best in the Delmarva...they are superb. This is a full service dealer that knows these cars and treats you like family. This is a customer for life operation.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Irvine Turtle Click Dodge..Southern Calif.

Dealer was courteous and friendly, not very knowledgable about the product he was selling. Very impressed with there customer service, he even came in on his day off to give me my vehicle after his back surgery. If I was to purchase another dodge vehicle I would not hesitate to go back to this dealership.

·
Registered
190 Posts
DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE 10+

GRESHAM DODGE, GRESHAM OREGON

I use to work dealership parts for 18 years, these guys provide the kind of service that I came to pride myself on providing. Bought a 2013 Redline last year. They provided an outstanding price on the car, no hassles or number games in finance, service department more than friendly, and parts department matched all my on-line accessory prices. Went back this last January and bought a used 2013 Dart for my wife and got the same exact treatment. Have a 2014 Anniversary Challenger due in 4/18 with these guy's and they have been spot on with all of my request for this new car to date, and I am expecting another great experience with them on this purchase.

My son went in last week and bought his first car on his own, a used 2013 Limited GT Dart from Andrew and the gang. Just like our last 3 cars from them, all departments treated him like a king! It's a 1.5 hour drive for us to get to them, but I won't let anyone else do service work that I can't do myself (damn Wi-Tech) other than these guy's. They have a customer for life with us.:grin2:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Tyson Motors - Shorewood, IL

Ordered my Scat Pack Shaker from them. Great price, service, and information. Tim Slattery was my sales person and was very knowledgeable of the cars and how to treat them when they arrive. Told him it was OK to put the front plate on, but he waited until I picked it up (almost a week later) in case I changed my mind. Saved all the paperwork and made sure everything was the way I wanted it before I left the lot and offered to help with anything I needed later on.

If you are considering one of these cars and live anywhere in Illinois, you owe it to yourself to talk to Tim about what you need and get a quote from Tyson Motors. They were lower than any other dealer by quite a bit. Largest volume dealer in Illinois also so that works in your favor.

10+ rating

·
Registered
181 Posts
Napleton Clermont CJD
Clermont, Florida

Sales: 1st salesman was clueless talking trash about other brands like he knew what he was talking about. Good thing we waited a few weeks later and got someone else.

Service: Took it in for the Hemi tick (not the normal idle tick) and the service rep was not on top of his game. However, the service manager did take time to ride with me to listen to it. Unfortunately, my Hemi was well behaved and had zero ticks at other than idle.

I give the dealer an 8 out of 10. I would have given it a 9 if the car was delivered to me spotless. If it was spotless, I would have given it a 9 instead of a 10, due to the inexperience of some of their employees. I think it's going to be one of those dealers were I have to find a good service rep and stick with him.

Oh, and I did get it with a full tank of gas, but when I asked the salesman if they filled it with premium, he said they only use regular. I babied it for the first 500 so no problem, but how many have of you with minimum requirements of 91 know you received it with a belly full of regular? I know, thank God for knock sensors, but still.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,232 Posts
Fair Oaks Dodge, Chantilly, VA

Sales process was very good, including professional and highly service-oriented staff, an excellent financing arrangement, a low-pressure offer to purchase extended warranties, and numerous follow-up calls and emails to check my satisfaction.

Service visits have been easy to schedule; department staff is professional, highly skilled. I have been completely satisfied on my visits and, again, they have called and emailed to ensure my satisfaction.
Fair Oaks Dodge is the "go to" dealership for many in my Mopar Club (UnAffiliates). That dealership "gets it" that many Challenger owners aren't satisfied with just OEM performance.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,232 Posts
Lustine Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep in Woodbridge, VA
This is where I ordered my 2015

Sales - 4/10 - While I didn't give them a chance to "sell" me a car since I went in with the order specs completed and priced (thanks again Resume Speed!). Why I give such a low score is because the day I picked the car up, other than the sales guy I used, none of the others even knew what a Scat Pack was, or what it came with.

Parts - 5/10 - Friendly and helpful, and willing to dig into the computer to find part numbers, this department gets an average score because their pricing is high, and their responsiveness is limited if you're not standing right in front of them at the counter.

Service - 8/10 - But only because I lucked out and befriended one of the SRT Techs who had owned a 2010 SRT at one time and, after working on my car, bought a 2015 himself and is modding it out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Decozen Dodge in Verona New Jersey , let me start with sc.....bags, the worst bunch of people you can deal with ,I couldn't get the keys fast enough and run for the hills. The deal on the car and trade where fine but the attitude and the way they conduct there business where awful . When I got to the dealership my salesman had my papers in his hand all I had to do was sign on the dotted lines. He was trying to sell another car to a buyer, I sat in his office for 40 mins waiting for him until finally I walked out got his attention and started tapping on my wrist as to say I gotta go the clock is ticking. It was a total cash deal no finance, I wanted to go to DMV and register the car myself they wouldn't allow it, hit me for 170.00 for this service , I should have walked but the car was exactly the way I wanted it and the next nearest one was 700 miles away. The interior was a little dirty when he delivered it to me , and a quarter tank of fuel. I asked my salesman about the fuel and he said they no longer give a full tank . My salesman was also manager so he said , when he took my old plates off my trade-in he just stood there like where's my tip ,didn't explain a single thing about the challenger , not that I wanted him to, cause I just wanted to run. I wouldn't refer anyone to buy a Tonka toy from these people. I'm still waiting to get something from Dodge about rating this dealership and my experience , other then that I love this car.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts