Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Pomoco Dodge, Newport News VA = AVOID

For the 3rd time in 6 years, I visited Pomoco Dodge in Newport News VA.
And for the 3rd time the "Salesman" was great, but the "Sales Manager" who is also the "General Manager" for both Pomoco Dodge Newport News and Pomoco Dodge Hampton, was HORRIBLE.
Each of the 2 prior times, I ended up buying elsewhere.

Not only did the "Sales Manager" blow the deal for the 3rd time in 6 years, after all the hard work and effort put in by the same salesman, but he hurt both Pomoco Newport News VA and Pomoco Hampton VA as he is the General Manager for both dealerships, albiet only the sales manager at the Newport News location.

Here is what happened...
For the 3rd time in 6 years, unlike every other Dodge Dealership in the area, the Sales Manager/General Manager refused to budge from the posted internet price and low balled my car/trade, which in each case was 1-3 years old with less than 9K miles and with NO FLAWS, DENTS, SCRATCHES, etc or need for repairs.
Cars were pristine and still smells like a new car.

Despite using the very same tools his dealership uses and has posted on their website to use, his appraisal kept coming up 3k short from these same tools, when I entered the information. Kelly Blue Book and Black Book......AND without even looking at the car "physically" this 3rd time.
In addition, when he asked me to join him in his office to show me the results, all he did was enter the year, make/model, engine size and Camaro SS.
He refused to enter the FACTS, i.e. that it has the 2SS, 1LE Performance package, and RS package all installed at the factory and stock.
As a result, the results are as one would expected a few thousand less.

When I pointed this out he gave the following excuses:

1) This is how all the dealers enter the information.
2) Nothing else matters.

Despite the FACT, that EVERY DEALERSHIP I have done business with since 1980, where I traded in a car ALWAYS took into account the extra options and packages above a base car.
Including several other Dodge dealerships in the same area, which ALL offered me 3K more than he did....and because they entered ALL the information, which he refused to do.

As I stood there in disbelief, after trying to explain to him that what he was doing was inaccurate, he said to me "I'm done here" in response to my statement of "How can you sit there expecting me to accept what your saying, when you wont even enter the proper information".
Thus, as I walked out of his office with a few choice words to him for being either so crooked, hypocritical, ignorant, or just plain a a$$hat, I could only feel for the many military and young people who have fallen for this guys scam.

The ONLY reason I attempted to do business with this dealership for the 3rd time was ONLY due to the great salesman who works very hard for you the customer. But, like I said...for the 3rd time in 6 years the Sales Manager/General Manager blew it.

I cancelled my appointment with the other Pomoco dealership which is further away and located in a heavy traffic/accident/grid lock location, and informed my salesperson there that since both dealerships have the same "General Manager", I will no longer do business with any Pomoco dealership ever again.

Already have my new car from a different dealership now!

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Crown Nissan, Greensboro, NC - Rating 10+
I purchased my used 2013 R/T from them via the internet. I never saw the car and had never heard of this dealership. They shipped the car 707 miles to me. Their salesman, F&I manager and general manager are the people I dealt with. Each one was excellent, answered my questions, and was wonderful to deal with. I would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Victory dodge shallotte nc

I see there hasn't been a review in a while so I'll give a shout out to Victory Dodge in NC. After going to a couple other dealers Victory didn't think they could beat price of others but after we got home (and gave a deposit to another dealer),we got a phone call and they stepped up to the plate and beat all other offers by $500.00 bucks(special order by the way). Sales associate was great and sales manager was a pleasure to work with. Car came in and all is good.:smile:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very Good In Every Category

I'll add one to the list. I dealt with Ganley Village CDJR in Painesville, OH. I live in the Buffalo
NY area and contacted them online initially. They responded almost instantly with a return
phone call and were persistent, but in an assuring way..... not pushy. I was assisted by a
salesman in my search for a '19 Challenger Scat Pack who was also a Challenger [SRT] owner and knew the car inside and out. The original Scat Pack I viewed online wound up being sold to someone else, but my salesman located another one in my preferred color with minimal options, which was what I was interested in [ZF8 Auto/Driver Convenience/SRT Spoiler]. They actually gave me more than I anticipated for my trade in and also accepted my bottom line offer and matched my finance rate I lined up with my credit union. The finance manager was a young guy who came to Ganley Village CDJR from a blue collar job [paving contractor]. He was courteous and professional and didn't make me listen to the "song & dance" in regards to extended warranties, paint sealant, VIN etching and all the other needless garbage. My salesman [Henry] gave me a great in-car tutorial on the U Connect features, helped sync my phone, etc. .... the whole nine yards. In my opinion, having purchased 12 new vehicles over the years [my wife & I combined], I will definitely return to
this dealership for any Dodge, Jeep or Ram we might consider in the future. This dealership has been around since 1968 and these folks sweat the details.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts