Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody here has had this issue in the past and what was done in the end to fix it. I took my car into my local dodge dealer today for just a check up on the drivers dide window and minor adjustment's that needed to be done to the car, figured I would get these kinks fixed before I install the vortech supercharger I just purchased yesterday, incase I have any warranty issues(which is more then likely) in the future, might as well get them fixed now. so I went to go and pick it up this morning and I saw a huge like patch of scratches, like 8 to 10 lines about a inch long, like something smacked it on my drivers side door. I know exactly what few scuffs and scratches it has and none are really visible, only i know about them because I see them everytime I clean her and wax her, these are huge, someone totally smacked the $hit out of it. then when I told them, they straight out said, "it wasnt us" and "it was already there", of course the back lot techs or mechanics are not going to admit it! I am pissed! all they said is they would touch it up, I know it is going to look like $hit. What do you guys think I can do if it looks like crap? or what would you gusy do?!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I wouldn't deal with a dealership. Find yourself a good autobody shop, and have them look at it. It might be something you can have buffed out. If it needs a repaint, I still wouldn't deal with the dealership. They just suck.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
My dealership notes damage before they take your car (just for things like this)....did yours do this?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I went in for a oil change and asked the service manager to take a look at my car before service, he said, if we have to do this every time I want service, to go somewhere else. I went somewhere else.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dealership notes damage before they take your car (just for things like this)....did yours do this?
I am kicking myself in the a$$ right now for not doing this, this is exactly what I should have done from the start. This is why I never take it into the dealership for service unless its a major repair under warranty. So I dont have to deal with this, now the one and only time I do, this happens. Since I didnt do a thorough check on this before the drop off, it is pretty much my word against theirs now! LESSON LEARNED!

thanks to all your guy's input, I think I am jsut going to go to a bodyshop I am familiar with and pray it buffs out.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,608 Posts
I'd speak with the GM of the dealership. Tell them your story. If he/she values you as a customer, he/she will make it right.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
As noted, talk to the GM. Give him/her a chance to straighten it out. If he/she agrees to fix it, tell them you will pick your body shop and bring them a bill. Be calm and professional and present just the facts, leave emotion out of it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do, I think I will give this a shot. Thanks. I wanted to avoid repainting, because it will never again look the same, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Look at your contract you had for that particular transaction... what does it say about damages, if anything? Is there a place to annotate damages on the contract? If so, was anything written in there? Catching my drift?!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
how can you prove what happened? sounds like you cant

are the scratches in the area they worked on?

id say your screwed over all....im sure they get con men all the time saying they did some damage to the vehicles....no one knows what the truth is (accept you)

pay your deductible and call it vandalism

i had a car that was damaged once by the dealer...it was very easy because it was very extreme and it was right where they were working...they repainted the front end for free

good luck

·
Registered
954 Posts
i agree about talking to the GM.i recently had a minor issue with the dealership and politely asked the manager if i could take 90 seconds of his time,he said ''sure no problem''.i then presented my problem that other workers had told me couldnt be resolved.then explained to him how my wife was menopausal and quite persistant about the issue,then i thanked him ahead of time for saving my life and most likely his too! he was very understanding and took care of the issue very promptly.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HAHAHAHA! MENAPAUSAL WOULD BE A GOOD ONE, I WILL SAVE THAT ONE FOR NEXT TIME.

ok, just picked up the car from the dealership, they were able to buff it out. there is some small tiny, tiny, little scratches on ther that cannot be seen with the naked eye unless your eyes are like 1mm away from the door and straining your eyes, when I got there I could not tell where the scuff was at, had to put it out in the sun and still look for it, then I saw where it was at and whatever, I am over it at this point. you cant even see it but I know it is there, I will eventually get over it, I am partially one to blame because from here on out I will take pics at drop off and walk through the car with the service advisor. I can just point out the scratch from the last visit to him! lol. From here on out will not go to dealership anymore unless it is a major repair, because she is getting blown by vortech next week. On another note for the supercharger, I asked the service advisor and he said they dont void your warranty right off the back with a vortech he said. He said they have 2 customers, one has a husrt edition and another just has a srt8 with the vortech kit with the 50 state carb certificate and he gets warranty work all the time, but it has only been cosmetic stuff, but he says they take driveline to consideration if you run the canned tune to an extent! I called bull$hit! I think he was just telling me this to forget about the scuff they just did to my door. thanks for all the input guys, hope your dealership experience is better then mine or hope you never have to deal with this

·
Registered
726 Posts
Where?

I went in for a oil change and asked the service manager to take a look at my car before service, he said, if we have to do this every time I want service, to go somewhere else. I went somewhere else.
That is an absurd statement he made. Good for you insisting on proper service.
My dealership has my number and they brace themselves when they see me coming. I don't care how minor or major, I put my expectations in writing and present it to the service advisor and manager. It still won't guarantee a fixed vehicle returned without extra damage, but it gives you an advantage if and when it comes time to get serious.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry to hear about what happened, the reason i never go to the dealership. They will never man up to any damage. Glad to hear most of it buffed out and good luck with the supercharger.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Happened to me too!

Just 2 weeks ago, took mine for the 6 month maint. When i went later on to the dealership to pick it up, the guy went to get my car, and right there in front of my face, scratched the front bumper on the corner with a parked Jeep. To make the story short, and maybe because it happened in front of me, they said they would gladly take care of it. The following week had to leave them my car again, this time for 3 days, while they sent it to their shop. After some bickering, they agreed at least to give me a new Grand Cherokee to use while they repaired mine. I have to say, they did a good job. For the life of me, I cannot notice where the scratches were. At this dealer though, they do check all around the car and make note of dents and scratches when you get there. Also, this time, when i went to pick it up, they handed me the Fob and asked me to get it myself.... hehehehe...So all in all, I'm not happy it happened, but do have to say the manned up.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
This will be an uphill battle for you but just as other have said, talk to the GM, that's your only shot. My dealer walks around the car prior to writing the RO and a copy of the damage report is given to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts