Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought 2 new cars in the last 18 months. My first was a Chevy Suburban Z71. I noticed on my sales paperwork that they back dated the sales date. I suspect this was done for "sales numbers" at the end of the month. Now I looked closely at the final bill of sale on my Challenger and I see that they played games with some of the numbers. I did end up paying what my agreed price was on my sales agreement. What I noticed was ....they told me that I was getting a thousand dollar rebate. My final bill of sale showed $1500 rebate. My original agreement shows 35,757$. My final bill of sale showed 36212$ at the top. Some minor additions were later added for registration fees. They also charged me 12.50$ for waste tire management fee. I did not trade in any vehicle. I didn't argue about the 12 bucks. My friend is the general sales manager and did cut my price , substantially , compared to other dealers I visited. Does anyone else find this occurring ?

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Yes, I had a tire disposal fee as well. They do mess with the numbers but the price you paid is what matters. I traded a car once and they inflated the sales price and the trade in price to make them look better but as long as the "what I owe" was the same I didn't care. If you notice you pay sales tax on the rebated amount.

·
Registered
267 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts