Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my car off at my local Dodge dealership to get Katzkin leather seats installed. After I got it back the top speed is listed at 103mph. I'm sort of pissed off because I bought the car with 16 miles on it and I reset the top speed and I haven't driven that fast and no one has driven it except for me, the dodge dealership and the local katzkin leather installers.

What are your thoughts and how would you guys handle this? mph.jpg

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
And your check engine light is on too?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The check engine light is because a gas tank gauge is messed up. I just filled up the tank but only registering as 3/4 full. They have the part, I just need to make an appointment.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Tell them to replace the gas tank part and then throw it up on some blocks, put it in reverse, and undo the mileage they put on it at or around the same speeds they put them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Happened to me too.. They also had oicked lunch up in it.. Smelled like fast food!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If only it were that easy - they put around 15 extra miles on my car. I know it seems like a small thing but last time I dropped it off at the dealership they said they were "unable to locate it" for a few hours.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe they were checking the flourocarbon output, you have to get it up to at least 95 to do that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
LOL! Part of me wants to laugh it off but the other part of me wants to make sure it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I would ask about the special speed activated seats, when they looked confused, I'd explain that they had better have a reason to beat on a car with so few miles on the clock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392
185 Posts
"unable to locate it" - i would lose my shit. Also 103mhp (while fun) is well withing criminal speed on any public road. I would think they better not be charging you for any work they did/will do.

I would think the PCM/ECU may have a time stamp.

and maybe we should all put those "Smile, your on Camera" signs on the dash when we drop them off anywhere

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
I'm most certain that my thoughts on this differ from most everyone else. It really wouldn't bother me if they took it out and drove it fast as long as they didn't spin the tires or do any kind of damage to it. The car is built to go fast and it's not going to hurt it. It's their problem if they get caught. I had to have a warranty repair on the car right after I got it. When the tech headed out to road test the brakes, I told him to "have a ball, just don't wreck it or get it dirty."

Now what would get me completely unglued would be for somebody to eat in it or otherwise get it dirty inside.
Smoking it it would result in them replacing the car with a new one or we would be in court for awhile.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm most certain that my thoughts on this differ from most everyone else. It really wouldn't bother me if they took it out and drove it fast as long as they didn't spin the tires or do any kind of damage to it. The car is built to go fast and it's not going to hurt it. It's their problem if they get caught. I had to have a warranty repair on the car right after I got it. When the tech headed out to road test the brakes, I told him to "have a ball, just don't wreck it or get it dirty."

Now what would get me completely unglued would be for somebody to eat in it or otherwise get it dirty inside.
Smoking it it would result in them replacing the car with a new one or we would be in court for awhile.
Its one thing if they had to road test it, but the only reason it was in there was to get the seats done. Taking it out on the road at all is seriously messed up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts