Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leased a new Challenger and the dealership calls me 12 days later asking me to come in to sign some updated paper work. The lady who initially helped me in the finance dept briefly explained that my residual value was too high (its 64% I believe) and they added the wrong rebates. She mentioned I will still have same monthly payment. I had a entirely different dealership look over my lease contract and he tells me I came up on the "rebates" and not to go back in as they screwed me over on the maintenance plan anyways. However I am very curious...What is it exactly they would do to maintain my same monthly payment by readjusting the residual value and removing the rebates? Or are they fussing and just wanting me to come in as bait?

·
Registered
100 Posts
IMO it's sounds like there are material weakness issues with the paperwork that are putting the contract in a non-compliant state. If you have a buddy who is a lawyer who can accompany you to the 're-signing' you may be able to get concessions from the Finance & Insurance department for preparing you a non-compliant vehicle contract.

Or, it could be a mundane typo that is causing the contract to not file and they need to initial the corrections to get it to book in the system.

Best of luck either way...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Probably just a screw up on paperwork. As long as your payment is the same who cares. May have got kicked back by bank. The dealers by me hate each other. When I bought the Hellcat from a different dealer than myScat Pack they were badmouthing each other like crazy.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
If its going to cost you more, tell them to F themselves. A deal is a deal. Thats why you gave them the business in the first place.
Buying a car has to be the cheesiest experience in modern day times.
Go in expecting that they are ready to bend you over and pull your pants down.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would have them mail the new paperwork to you and have them provide a letter of what changed. This way you could review at your convienence. If you see it does not effect you in a negative way I would sign, if there is something in the new paperwork that represents some type of concession then I’d would not sign. A deal is a deal.

In typical dealer fashion, if you felt they overcharged you and you complained 12 days later they probably would not even return your calls.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
938 Posts
Google yo-yo financing.

If the payment stays the same but the cost goes up, that means youre paying longer or have a disposal fee when you turn in the lease.

If you go back, have someone else follow you and be sure to say they are your ride home in case you need to give the car back. Be prepared to walk away and leave the car.

If the paperwork was no good, then they didnt sell/lease you the car yet, right?

Reactions: PSM450

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,725 Posts
Personally, I would try to find some burnt transmission fluid to roll around in so that my clothes were nice and soiled from that and having that oh so special aroma that only burnt ATF can have.

Then I'd hot box a 25 pack of Marlboros on the way there, and assuming someone was driving me, I'd also see how many beers I could shotgun before arrival, making sure to spill plenty of it all down my shirt and into my crotch and crotch-adjacent areas of clothes.

Then once inside and situated, ready to begin the paperwork stuff, I'd suddenly jump up and run outside to shotgun another beer and smoke another cig, being as messy as possible while doing it.

Then I'd go back inside, sit down, and do it all over again in 3 minutes, or right in the middle of some long spiel he gets going on, only to stop and wait for me to go grab a beer and a smoke.

I would repeat that until i thought he was about lose it and go postal, at which point I'd chill out and really sell my interest in what's in the papers...i mean REALLY sell it...feigning interest won't work, they are trained to deal with that.

And finally I'd spent as long as possible on each and every statement in the doc, asking him over and over to explain in more detail...more details, I NEED MORE DETAILS!!!

At some point i have to think he'd be a blubbering ness and just begging me to leave...and so i would...but only to shotgun a beer, THEN I'D STUMBLE BACK IN AND ACT LIKE I JUST GOT THERE TO GO OVER PAPERWORK!!

A-HAHAHAHA!!!

But that's me, and i'm totally an ******* and love to eff with other people's minds!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: I got a letter today and it turns out the bank did not agree on the "proposed transaction" by the dealer. Hence why they called me back and wanted to make clerical changes to satisfy the lease agreement. As promised my monthly is the same and rebates remain. I could be an ass and return the Dodge if I wanted lol. But I'll be going in tomorrow to resign to get the billing started.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
938 Posts
I'm glad that was all it was. I hope you enjoy your new car!

The dealerships like to play games once you've left with the car. You think you are in the clear - showing it off to friends and family, posting it on Facebook and forums and stuff. They let you fall in love. And want you to feel embarrassed about possibly losing the car now that you've told everyone about it.

Then they tell you you have to pay MORE for the car because you couldn't get the financing they "thought you could". Most cars are sold when the banks are not open to approve the loan - evenings and weekends.

The dealership wants you to agree to longer terms, higher payments, or some other stuff that ends up costing you more for the car.

They would have a real hard time playing that game with me since I have an 835 credit score, but if you are younger and/or have iffy credit, they can play games.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad that was all it was. I hope you enjoy your new car!

The dealerships like to play games once you've left with the car. You think you are in the clear - showing it off to friends and family, posting it on Facebook and forums and stuff. They let you fall in love. And want you to feel embarrassed about possibly losing the car now that you've told everyone about it.

Then they tell you you have to pay MORE for the car because you couldn't get the financing they "thought you could". Most cars are sold when the banks are not open to approve the loan - evenings and weekends.

The dealership wants you to agree to longer terms, higher payments, or some other stuff that ends up costing you more for the car.

They would have a real hard time playing that game with me since I have an 835 credit score, but if you are younger and/or have iffy credit, they can play games.
I've read horror stories where those with low credit get pre approved only to find out they have to return the car...ouch. But my transaction did occur on a weekend night so that explains why they prematurely approved me. My credit was 830 when they pulled it. If they wanted more money I was ready to return the car but cry at the same time cause I'm loving this new TA! :grin2:

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
938 Posts
I would say the ball is in your court.

Negotiate what you want since you are “re-signing”.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,724 Posts
If you don't have a valid deal, I think you can change things up. They'd have a used car if you gave it back, they may be motivated ;)

A Guy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts