Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Out of S***s and giggles I put the 2019 Redeye on Vroom for a price. They are giving me for a number 2k more then the same car in the 21 model year. Is this company for real? They state they come and get the car and the check is in your hand within three day. scary. Has anyone dealt with this group?

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
449 Posts
OK Out of S***s and giggles I put the 2019 Redeye on Vroom for a price. They are giving me for a number 2k more then the same car in the 21 model year. Is this company for real? They state they come and get the car and the check is in your hand within three day. scary. Has anyone dealt with this group?
I've read posts from other people that have and they seem legit. I just did the same yesterday on my 2020 1320.
Last June I paid 40,800 which INCLUDES tax and title. Vroom offer came in at 45,613! I'm not getting rid of my car though, love it way too much.

·
Registered
507 Posts
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. I sold my Scat Pack to Vroom this past March. If you wait a week or so later, they'll offer you $500 more. HOWEVER, you should share Vrooms offer with CarMax, Carvana or Dealerships to price match. FYI, Vroom has a VERY shady reputation and a lot of people don't receive the payment that they were offered. Please check BBB and Brooms Facebook page. They're customer service is absolute sh*t and liars.

You can read my experience below, but long story short, they'll find a way to f*** you over as they did me.

As for me, I sold my car to them and regret it everyday. They offered $500 more than their initial offer and cut me a check that was less than the contract they had me sign. I was also put on hold multiple times, for HOURS by their customer service after trying to get the payment issue rectified. The last rep I talked to told me flat out that they've been giving me the run around for weeks and were not ever intending to pay me the full amount offered.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Just me but I would never deal with an online service for such a big ticket item.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Reactions: Charles 236

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
I sold my Challenger to Carvana about eight months ago in anticipation of buying another. As far as my experience just selling to Carvana, it was A+. I know someone who bought from Carvana and had problems getting emission testing documentation from them though. I went online and got the offer which was far higher than I would have gotten from any dealership. In fact a few grand more than the sales tax offset had I traded the car at a dealer. Once I accepted the offer, they requested some documents to upload to them and set up a pick up time and date. They took overnight to review the documentation I sent and they showed up on time when I requested. I was handed a check literally when the driver stepped out of their truck. I signed the paperwork, she loaded my car and I went to the bank. No fuss, no muss. I wish I would have waited till now. Used car values are insanely high. Bottom line, check reviews on any business for the specific transaction you intend to do; sell, buy, service, etc.

·
Registered
2021 F8 Green Scat Pack Shaker
328 Posts
I used Carvana and sold them my '18 Grand Cherokee. The gave me almost 3 grand, 2 grand more than the the dealer offered me. Used that towards the down payment on on Scat

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,417 Posts
I submitted to vroom for my 18 widebody cat.
If you ignore thier 1st offer, you will most likely get another 1 or 2 offers in a few days spread.
Regardless, they never came close to the offer we received & accpeted from my local tier 1 dealership.
Vrooms best offer still came in almost $6k under others. I also didnt care much for thier "accepted it now" attitude, which I didnt get anywhere else.
if you are looking to off it now without much work..then Id say from my brief interaction with them, they are good to go.
If however you want to maximize $$ upon sale, it may behove you to shop it around locally. Every dealer is hurting for curbside inventory. Its a sellers market.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I contacted CARVANA two weeks ago, out of curiosity, just to see what my 2013 Challenger R/T Classic, 14K miles, Hemi Orange, was worth. CARVANA offered $25,800 and they're still pesting to sell them the car. My local big box Dodge/Jeep dealer offered $18,000. I have no intentions to sell the car - I really do love it, and have babied it over the years and will continue to baby the car. My dealing with CARVANA were top notch, very professional and courteous. The unspoken issue nowadays is the cost to replace a car like mine. None available and all way, way ovepriced.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,901 Posts
Well shoot, I thought let's see what's up on a current offer.

Checked with Carvana. Took less than 5 minutes.

2016 A8 Scat Pack
30k miles
B5
Only factory options are WRT's and R/T Hood Stripe

I paid $39500 in Oct '15

They offered me $35200.

Great offer is I was wanting out of this car, and not replacing it.

Crazy market indeed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts