Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined today and this is my first post. I test drove a red SRT8 manual this morning. It has an msrp 0f $48,385. What is the best possible deal that can be made on this car?

What is everybody paying for their SRT8?

Thanks..

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
Depends on a LOT of factors.. Cash Money? Trade In? Financing? All of these will have an impact on the deal you can work out.

I traded in my 07 300C with 35K miles on it, got top buck on trade in and managed to get my loaded 11 for $45,204.00 and financed the difference @ 3.2% fixed.

I know there are some on here that have done even better. I think HuggyTree got his financing at 1.9% (damn him!) :D not sure what he paid though :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
You should be able to get $2k off MSRP on that car fairly easily. 2012's are going to begin production in a little over a month. Make a point during negotiations to point out a flaw that the car your looking at might have in that regard. (Different stripe or option that you either want or don't want that the car may or may not need). Red ones have been in the lots for months now. They want you to buy the car. See what they offer and go from there. If it doesn't seem fair to you, start to walk. They absolutely don't want a buyer to leave the door.

Edit- they want you to finace through their own financing company. I offered it up and they were more willing to work with me. If you are trading, know what your trade in is actually worth. Knowlege = leverage.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Depends on the dealer...some will deal some will not. If you are getting the run around locally with your dealer, I would sugges shooting a pm to screen name bpag here on the forums, he is with Baxter dodge, and awesome to deal with, they ship to anywhere in the country. We bought our 392 through him and got much better pricing and service than any local dealer here could do. They also have a great selection of inventory.

·
Registered
2011 392 SRT, 2010 R/T Classic, 2019 R/T Plus, 2016 SXT Plus
447 Posts
I probably got ripped off but I paid $49K out the door which figures to be about $2K off of sticker. My sticker was $47.7K, taxes are 6.25%, and I financed the entire $49K at 1.5% for 4 years. Just made my first payment today. 47 more to go...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered mine and was able to do $500 below factory invoice. I went with a dealer in a smaller town and dealt directly with the owner by email.

Sticker: $47,685
Invoice: $45,212
Will pay when it actually gets here: $44,712

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Mine is loaded with the auto n I paid $43,863. That was invoice. They can show anything and put invoice but this was a good deal. This is what Dave Smiths sells them at. Less if you want the manual.

·
Banned
811 Posts
Depends on the dealer...some will deal some will not. If you are getting the run around locally with your dealer, I would sugges shooting a pm to screen name bpag here on the forums, he is with Baxter dodge, and awesome to deal with, they ship to anywhere in the country. We bought our 392 through him and got much better pricing and service than any local dealer here could do. They also have a great selection of inventory.
Just had BPAG order my 2012 SRT8 last night. He's an awesome guy to work with.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I was getting quotes 3-3.5K off sticker (about 1K below invoice) for loaded 2011 SRTs when I was looking. Pulled the trigger on a 2010 for 9.3K off sticker instead though. I am taking the savings and buying a TJ Wrangler to replace my Grand Prix for the winter. The 392 is a GREAT car. If you can get a good deal, I'd do it. Look up truecar.com for the invoice price with the options you want.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got my '11 SRT8 for $42,999 (black, no stripes, auto, no other options). Financed at 0% for 36 months with a decent downpayment. Paid extra for lifetime bumper to bumper warranty :)

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I GOT 1.9% FINANCING AND AROUND $2,400 OFF STICKER

i think mine stickered for around $49,800 and with taxes and a few minor extra's i paid $50,200 range

i think mine ended up like $200-300 over invoice

i bought a Chevy for the wife earlier this year and got $450 over invoice without putting effort into it....dealers are pretty much giving their best deal right from the start these days....if you cant get $2,000 off i wouldnt even consider it

Dodge had the 1.9% financing deal at the time for 3 years...i financed almost the whole thing and put my money into a mutual fund....my car payments are almost double my house payment

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
With that kind of downpayment, they STILL made you pay MSRP. I would have walked.
when they first came out they were mostly selling for sticker for a month...my original deal was -$750 under sticker and i had one of the better deals....i walked from the ordered car and got a loaded one for the same price as my stripped one was going to be.....some people paid over sticker too!

most paid -$2,000 off or better

·
Registered
675 Posts
Im actually waiting for the 2012 to start hitting the Floors so the 2011 Prices can plummet, planning on putting 20K down.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I paid sticker for my IE but they gave me almost 3K more for my trade than Audi (had an S5 ordered) so I guess its all a numbers game. They could have taken 3k of sticker and given me 3k less on the trade. If you are happy with the deal then pull the trigger. Life is to short.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts