Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
I have the leather, or alcentra suede which I believe is a man made material. They look good and I like them. But dont think they were worth 1500 bucks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a 2015 Base RT Scat Pack (no fancy bee seats or even suede inserts) with the cloth seats and am happy so far with them (had my car since July this year). In the heat there is no burning your butt or back, and when it's been colder out in the morning, the seat is neutral and doesn't feel that cold getting in first thing when I leave for work. The comfort is good and the driverside support controls seem to work well and are easy to adjust. I've only had the car like I said a few months but so far so good, no regrets on cloth seats.

I had leather seats in a few of the Corvettes I owned and Camaros of the past and was never happy with the leather in GM cars it was lacking to say the least. Both my Vettes the leather ripped and wore very quickly on the drivers side. Pizz poor quality if you ask me.

On a semi related note..My wife had a 2012 Challenger SXT for a few years, it had leather heated seats and we were pretty pleased with them, the leather seemed to hold up well but we only had the car about 3 years (34,000 miles).

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
279 Posts
I regret not getting leather.... I have no problems with the cloth but my kids are slobs (3 boys). Last road trip I said "better not spill that chocolate milk!" guess what happened. Also leather is easier to clean smashed M&M's out of.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I regret not getting leather.... I have no problems with the cloth but my kids are slobs (3 boys). Last road trip I said "better not spill that chocolate milk!" guess what happened. Also leather is easier to clean smashed M&M's out of.

lol been there and done that...I have three kids...My baby is 30 now.

I have change in plans...I had a Shaker 392 drop in my lap...will probably buy it tomorrow...it happens to have leather because of the shaker package.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I got the cloth seats on purpose and love them. My 2 previous Challengers had leather. I'm not a fan of the fake suede in the 2015s; there's hardly any real leather on them unless you get the shaker interior. The 2015s cloth is nicer and sportier than previous years. The center section is a coarse and durable material. I have small children so I will add Katzkins later (if I decide I want leather) with the heating and cooling option once my kids are older and finished beating on the interior.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
I got the cloth seats on purpose and love them. My 2 previous Challengers had leather. I'm not a fan of the fake suede in of the 2015s; there's hardly any real leather on them unless you get the shaker interior. The 2015s cloth is nicer and sportier than previous years. The center section is a coarse and durable material. I have small children so I will add Katzkins later (if I decide I want leather) with the heating and cooling option once my kids are older and finished beating on the interior.

My RT had radar red interior. Liked it, but prefer the suede. It looks better and is really not suede....instead it is really "Rich Corinthian Leather."

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,308 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
105 Posts
I have the cloth seats. I really like them. The high-traffic areas (butt/back area) are clearly heavy fabric and meant to last. I also have 3 dogs and my seats don't hold on to hair as much as my 2013 Charger did. Do I regret not getting the leather, no. I bought the cloth because that's what I wanted, to each their own.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I got the cloth seats on my Scat Pack. I found them to be very comfortable and, for me, preferable to the Alcantara seats. If I could have gone with the cloth seats in my Hellcat order, I would have.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
The only thing that I didn't like about my Challenger when I first bought it two years ago was the cloth interior. However, after being in those seats for two years and comparing them to Challengers with leather seats (including camaros and mustangs) I am now more than happy with them (very, very comfy). To me, the only downside is that they do not look as good as leather seats IMO.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well I'm in a no leather Scat pack....gulp.

Love it so far lol. Its about two hours old now and has a 100 miles....look like this.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I don't have a Scat Pack, but I also don't have leather in my R/T. So far, I love the seats. I originally thought leather would be my first upgrade, but after a week in the car.....I don't think I'm going to change.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Congrats! More pics? What happened to that Shaker deal?
It was still there but I decided 5k was too much for me to pay for a hole in the hood....I had that with my Mach 1 and it was good then...But hey that thing is huge on the Scat and you have to take it off to add oil...I just decided cheap was better and this one was 5k cheaper..and it was a stick which I wanted too and the regulkart hood and no stripes was more "me"

The shakers are nice and you do get other stuff...but in the end, its a hole on the hood and the one I was thinking of buying never make my liver quiver after sleeping on it one night.

I 'll get more pics soon...and thanks!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
That looks great, Congrats.

Shoot some interior/seat pics if you can and thanks.

Will do, soon I hope lol. Hey the red leather on the shaker was sex...but expensive.

Mine is black..black and black.:grin2:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Didn't read all the reply but I will say the cloth in my 14 r/t seemed more comfortable than my 15 Scat Pack. They just feel more...rough. Feel bad for the wife and her short shorts...lol.

·
Registered
GCM 2015 Challenger
55 Posts
I didn't read through all the responses here so this might have been covered but.....I have a '15 RT with cloth seats and they are HEATED. Not cooled but I do have the heated seats. (Cold Weather Pkg) They heat up fast and are very comfy. I'm a big leather fan but these are the best cloth seats I have ever sat in.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I didn't read through all the responses here so this might have been covered but.....I have a '15 RT with cloth seats and they are HEATED. Not cooled but I do have the heated seats. (Cold Weather Pkg) They heat up fast and are very comfy. I'm a big leather fan but these are the best cloth seats I have ever sat in.
The cloth seats in the Scat Pack are different than the cloth seats in the standard cloth 5.7 R/T. You can't get the cold weather package with the Scat Pack either. The cloth Shaker interior for the 5.7 has the Scat Pack cloth premium "high performance" cloth seats though. You can't get the cold weather package on the cloth 5.7 Shaker model as well so it must be only the non "high performance" premium cloth interior that can have the heating option added.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Yep, "cold weather" package was not available to order on my '16 SP, same as the '15's.

I checked thinking that if the package price was right, that I wouldn't mind the heated cloth seats and heated steering wheel, even though they wouldn't get used much.

Not offered, so that was an easy one to decide on! LOL

21 - 40 of 46 Posts