Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not to mention I lost all SRT options which is why I bought this car.
Well the good news bad news story.
First I needed to jump the battery again so I could bring the SRT to the dealer. (I had put the fuse back in and it was not draining the battery the day before.)
After bringing the SRT in to the dealer, I received a call saying the software needed to be updated which directly addresses the radio reboot issue.
It would take 2 hours to load the new software, and test. However when I spoke to the service person (who was very helpful) she said, the software
download failed and now the radio had to be replaced. I was OK with that! I'm being told it takes 3 to 5 days to get the new radio. Hopefully it arrives
soon.

·
Premium Member
10,272 Posts
Well the good news bad news story.
First I needed to jump the battery again so I could bring the SRT to the dealer. (I had put the fuse back in and it was not draining the battery the day before.)
After bringing the SRT in to the dealer, I received a call saying the software needed to be updated which directly addresses the radio reboot issue.
It would take 2 hours to load the new software, and test. However when I spoke to the service person (who was very helpful) she said, the software
download failed and now the radio had to be replaced. I was OK with that! I'm being told it takes 3 to 5 days to get the new radio. Hopefully it arrives
soon.
Now on to the good news part of this situation.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
@avenger731,
Was the dealer able to address your concerns?

Lamar
DodgeCares

·
Registered
10 Posts
@avenger731,
Was the dealer able to address your concerns?

Lamar
DodgeCares
Yes, the service advisor listened to my issues, I asked her if it was a common problem but she didn't have many of the radio reboot vehicles returning.
She did said there was a problem with some 2016 to 2019 .
I was just hoping the radio would be replaced because I couldn't depend on the car unless I pulled the radio fuse when I got where I was going.
I don't know what happened during the software update and don't care as long as the new one works without problems.
I mentioned the condition of the battery only charging up to 11.9-12.1 volts and she said they would test it when I come back in for the new radio.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
@avenger731,

If you feel that additional assistance is needed, please feel free to follow up with us privately.

Lamar
DodgeCares

21 - 27 of 27 Posts