Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2021 challenger scatpack Widebody
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys pickup up an indigo blue Widebody scat pack on Monday been debating if I should debadge. I’m leaning towards yes just because I’m putting rally stripes on and like simple.

what you guys think and those that have debadged how to you cut out the mounting hole where the r/t emblem is.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Hi guys pickup up an indigo blue Widebody scat pack on Monday been debating if I should debadge. I’m leaning towards yes just because I’m putting rally stripes on and like simple.

what you guys think and those that have debadged how to you cut out the mounting hole where the r/t emblem is.
Just my opinion but I like the badging. It's what makes it what it is. It's identity so to speak. but then I am from the South. Well, this sums it up.....

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,310 Posts
Debadging the car makes it more clean and intimidating to some because which model is it unless you hear the V6 or on Mustang a 4cyl etc.,

·
Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
723 Posts
I had a good friend de-badge his 2020 SP..............and went this far, not very simple.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

If I was to do something like you're talking about, I would know it's what I want rather than asking opinions. Give it some good thought and be ready for what the appearance is after the work.

And if possible, never put a front license plate on the bumper 😡!

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,310 Posts
Had some one think I up badged and told them to look again... Told them an X and a R are not the same by 2 Cylinders ....

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts
I think people that debadge are either trying to hide what they bought or trying to make people guess. I don't think a Challenger fits either of those types. I get changing emblems, removing excessive ones, but I don't think the Challenger is like that. On my 2006 Charger I did swap out the chrome R/T for the heritage red R/T from the Daytona & Road and Track cars along with the honeycomb grille, just because I liked them better. Then I felt like I was trying to clone a car I didn't get.
When I got a 2015 R/T R&T I was super pumped I got the car I really wanted. I would never think of removing anything from it, or my current Challenger.
I have seriously considered swapping out the passenger side Scat Pack Rumble Bee for a 2019 one, just because it irkes me that it faces the wrong way. But hey, I bought a 2018, might as well own that fact.

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
206 Posts
Here are my thoughts for what it's worth, specifically regarding Challengers. Personal preference - I like them with the badging. It shows what you have. If you're going to debadge, I think it's more successful if you're doing more custom work/modifications. For example, if you're going the route of a custom paint scheme or doing body modifications, it can help make the car.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Why not go all the way and strip the paint too. Just run bare metal. What??? I don't get it. JMHO. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
4,910 Posts
Someone is going to call it a Charger with or without the Challenger badge. Already found that out. It really is more a personal thing that only you can choose. My neighbors Challenger SXT is debadged and mine is not and they both look awesome. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Just pulled the grill ones off, left the rest on.......................

·
Registered
121 Posts
I like badging but I like customizing it. For example, when my order comes. I’ll put a script challenger logo on the back in place of the dodge logo, add 392 under the scat bees and possibly take off the script emblem on the grille.

debadging comes off sort of bro-like. Having the engine size displayed is a classic hallmark of muscle cars.

on the topic of badges, has anyone ever made a custom dodge badge for the grille? You can adhere the ones from the back to a clear piece of acrylic and somehow fasten it to the grille. I’ve been thinking about that to make it a little more consistent with a ‘71.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
539 Posts
I like the badges on mine and would never remove them.

But it all depends on what makes you happy. If this is what you want, go for it, I’ll look forward to seeing the finished product

Reactions: Cuda340

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
I always de-badge my cars. I plan to do the same when my challenger arrives in June. Just cleaner IMO
Cool, will you send them to me? I will double up on mine!! Alabama you know. lol

Reactions: mjb4450
1 - 20 of 55 Posts