Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hope that everyone is doing ok this weekend. The only thing left on my car that is chrome is the DODGE across the trunk and I want to remove it but I'm scared that when I remove it there will be some ghosting of the letters or faded paint or something. My car is 1 year old and stored in the garage at home and in a parking garage at work. Any advice will help and I thank you all for taking the time to answer my?

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
My thoughts would be that it's not likely at all for there to be any ghosting or fading under the letters.
However, the letters could simply be reattached if you found otherwise.
There's just no way to know until you actually pull them off.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,771 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I took mine off with heat gun...you wouldn’t even know they were there.

My thoughts would be that it's not likely at all for there to be any ghosting or fading under the letters.
However, the letters could simply be reattached if you found otherwise.
There's just no way to know until you actually pull them off.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Nothing to worry about. I left my car in the sun for about 30 minutes, took some floss and wrapped it around the letters and slowly moved back and forth to remove the adhesive. Took about 5 minutes. Afterwards, just cleaned it up then installed the DODGE letters but in white decal.

I didn't like the chrome letters because of the dirt builds up around them and it was always a pain to waxed that area. Now with the decals, I treat it like I do the rest of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Make sure you heat it up with a hair dryer or heat gun not for too long and use some fishing line to remove the letters. I always have used goo gone from Auto Zone which comes with a small plastic emblem removal tool that won’t scratch the paint. Might take some elbow grease with the goo gone but shouldn’t leave any ghost letters. I’ve used it on the fenders before on my Mustang and never had any ghosting or scratches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts