Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could set the record straight on this decal I found. I genuinely don't know much about doing decal work, but I know that this style of decal is something I'm wanting, but I own a 2018 GT and this product is listed for the 2008-2013 models.

In the asked questions someone has said that it will work for the 2018, but another person says no. The hood on my 2018 is also the t-type hood, but i'm not sure if there were significant changes between the 2008-2013 t-hood and the 2018 t-hood that I have that would prevent this from working.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Here's the decal listing.

Thanks in advance,

Nuptup

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,892 Posts
The hood between 08-14 is completely different from the 15-20 hoods. That decal will not work for your 2018. The later hoods have the same outer dimensions and any hood will fit any year model Challenger. However the “T” hood was completely redesigned and they made the “nostrils” longer and a different shape than the previous style.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,912 Posts
Pre- 2015

Post 2015

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahhhh, so yeah, not even freaking close. Ok, well that's disappointing, but not the end of the world. Does anyone have any decal suggestions to add to a granite grey pearlcoat 2018 to break up the monotony? I have a few in mind, but i'm definitely open to suggestions. Kinda wanting to avoid red if possible, really liked the silver metalic, but no luck there i suppose.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,912 Posts
They make similar for 2015+, but most have a split on the side

Ridergraphix is a long time vendor here, contact them and they may be able to do silver

Autoguy

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, very nice! Thank you! By "split on the side" do you mean that bit that follows the natural line on either side up before going back to the front of the car afterwards?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,912 Posts
Yes, they don't just fit on top like the pre-2014, they have a bit of a split in the decal on each side

They make ones with a split down the middle as well

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotcha. They seem to be considerably more expensive, but i suppose that's expected. I guess I'll just need to do some looking on their website or contact them directly about the silver. All the ones I saw were black/red only, no silver option.But, their swatch of colors did seem to have silver in it.., so I'm not sure.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,912 Posts
Can never tell on quality of Amazon stuff, lots of cheap stuff as well as the good. A dedicated vinyl place can tell you which vinyl they use, and expect a known brand for a quality company

Yeah, not saying for sure they can do silver, or if so what if any premium over normal cost, but they should be able to tell you ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
319 Posts
Hi
They make similar for 2015+, but most have a split on the side

Ridergraphix is a long time vendor here, contact them and they may be able to do silver

Autoguy

A Guy

I I can't stop looking at this one like its a T-shirt.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts