Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife currently has an '11 Toxic Orange Rallye/SS that she just loves. However, she now has been bitten by the SRT8 bug, and wants to buy a '13 SRT8 Core PCP auto. Of course, who am I to discourage her? :kiss: I have a couple of questions about waiting out the incentives:

1) Do you think the '13 Challenger incentives will remain the same or improve after they expire on December 2nd?
2) I have a Dodge friends and family discount available, does it apply to the SRT8 model?
3) What other advice do you have on our purchase?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

1,931 Posts
The end of December is the best time to buy....not only are dealers after monthly quota incentives they get year end...and the factory usually offers big dealer incentives and customer incentives....I bought a 2006 Durango on Dec 31 2006....sticker was about $42K....I paid about $25K after all discounts...........only problem is the car you want may not be available..

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
My wife currently has an '11 Toxic Orange Rallye/SS that she just loves. However, she now has been bitten by the SRT8 bug, and wants to buy a '13 SRT8 Core PCP auto. Of course, who am I to discourage her? :kiss: I have a couple of questions about waiting out the incentives:

1) Do you think the '13 Challenger incentives will remain the same or improve after they expire on December 2nd?
2) I have a Dodge friends and family discount available, does it apply to the SRT8 model?
3) What other advice do you have on our purchase?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
1) The incentives will either stay the same or increase slightly but surely won't get worse.
2) I have a $500 coupon that just came in the mail and said does NOT include SRT so yours may not work but a call to any Dodge dealership should yield an answer.
3) Make her buy a MANUAL trans, it's so much more fun (at least in my world it is) and then report back.
Best of luck in this nice situation, let us know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
1) The incentives will either stay the same or increase slightly but surely Make her buy a MANUAL trans, it's so much more fun (at least in my world it is) and then report back.
They have 2 new PCP SRT8-Core manuals here locally. I think one of them is listed at $39K. I'd be interested more if it was an auto. I've driven the R/T in manual and auto and a Charger SRT-8 in auto. I also test drove a new Fiesta ST (manual only).

Maybe I'm missing something but shifting the little 2800lb turbo Ford seemed tailor made for a manual. Shifting a 4000lb vehicle......seemed OK at first but it would just get tiresome day after day. Kind of like being given a manual U-haul.

But I do agree.....end of year is the time to buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts