Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my GTS headlight covers on for almost 2 years and over time they have got pretty scratched up..so instead of spending the $85 dollars on a new set I made my own..this is a grey tint plexi and it actually lets more light through and still gives that blackedout look..the one I made is on the left..
ImageUploadedByAG Free1391288937.058099.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1391288955.347955.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1391288973.334162.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Nice! Looks better than the GTS covers! Always appreciate another DIYer :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Absolutely. Your should make your own fog covers too! Start selling the set to everyone who doesn't have the time/patience/knowledge to do it their self, and under cut GTS by 50%. You'd make a killing! Lol

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I actually made 10 sets of them and already sold a few for $45 but I'm not promoting that on here because I've already had a thread deleted for selling custom MOPAR decals and not being a supporting vendor..which I can completely understand...I'm not running any business I just have a lot of hobbies:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I like them both ..... I like the darker one for day time but the lighter would be nice for night tie ... funny thing my covers were the first thing I did to my car and for over 3 years never took them off .... I did put in HID's to shine thru but I took them off about 3 weeks ago for the hell of it at night .... and looooooved how much lite I got from my HID's .... now I take them off at night

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I like them both for different reasons ...... but not sure if I could say which ones better .... the darker is sinister but the lighter one is sinister in a tease kinda way ... shows a lil but just a tease

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Right on. Think I may do this soon...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Very good point .....

·
Registered
860 Posts
I had the GTS ones for years, then I lost one on the highway. Made some out of clear plexiglass, then decided to pinstripe them. Now, I get the phantom look and don't have to take them off at night anymore.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts