Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you will look at this and be devastated but this is all in good fun, for me at least. I have zero experience with decorating, decals, or vinyl wraps. This is the beginng of my attempt to let the 12 year old me design a car that I would have loved at the age. I'm still a kid at heart.

Positive or negative I would love to get some feedback, comments, or ideas. Stick around for the show over the next few months as I go about the rest of the car.

Current plans of now. Everything will most likely be yellow (or chrome for metal)
  • New underglow led kit
  • Wheel well led kit
  • Grille lights
  • New upper and lower grille
  • Interior floor LED
  • Side stripe change
  • Large side decal MOPAR
  • Rebadge car

Enjoy...
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
797 Posts
:unsure: If you like it, that's what counts. However, there are those who will not say good things, so don't allow those comments make you feel badly.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,741 Posts
If YOU like it...

A Guy

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I know a lot of you will look at this and be devastated but this is all in good fun, for me at least. I have zero experience with decorating, decals, or vinyl wraps. This is the beginng of my attempt to let the 12 year old me design a car that I would have loved at the age. I'm still a kid at heart.

Positive or negative I would love to get some feedback, comments, or ideas. Stick around for the show over the next few months as I go about the rest of the car.

Current plans of now. Everything will most likely be yellow (or chrome for metal)
  • New underglow led kit
  • Wheel well led kit
  • Grille lights
  • New upper and lower grille
  • Interior floor LED
  • Side stripe change
  • Large side decal MOPAR
  • Rebadge car

Enjoy...
View attachment 1013067 View attachment 1013068 View attachment 1013069
Looks pretty cool, I’m sure you will turn a few heads. And like the others say, it’s what you like that counts!

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
539 Posts
I like it. I’m a big fan of Yellow & Black as my favorite challenger color is Yellow Jacket.

I also love the Cobra Kai RT that Johnny has in the show.

Reactions: Kurtshemi

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Notice your from Connecticut what part?
I'm between New Haven and Wallingford most of the time

I do enjoy it. Just working on the car in general gives me something to do week to week. It does turn heads.. probably not in a good way. Should probably just put a hot wheels sticker or clown nose on the front of it. 😂😂

I will say the 3000k (yellow) HIDs I have make people get the hell out of the way on the interstate which is a plus

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Scat, MMX forged long block, Whipple STG 2
20 Posts
Gotta love you did your own work and your adding to your skill set!

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed
208 Posts
I think it would look cooler if you put a pink checkerboard pattern overlay on the stripes. A couple purple or neon green Mopar stickers on the bumper covers would be awesome.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,324 Posts
They Yellow M's , and the Yellow Wipers I think went over board.
I like it. I’m a big fan of Yellow & Black as my favorite challenger color is Yellow Jacket.

I also love the Cobra Kai RT that Johnny has in the show.
View attachment 1013080
View attachment 1013079
They only mess up Johnny;s challenger was originally was a Go Mango 2009 RT
then after he Paints it the car morphs into a 2015 or newer?
But love the Series except for about 4 episodes in season 2. Season 1 and 3 rock good throw back series.
Now Johnny is driving a 1999 Dodge Caravan his son stole?

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
455 Posts
Like everyone said if you like its your money and car so enjoy it. Since you asked for opinions the scratch decal has never made sense to me and the grill over the headlights looks cheap and doesn't fit with the rest of it. Otherwise anything in that color is going to make people do a double take

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,324 Posts
Sometimes as the saying goes Less is More, Yellow Wipers, Grill Mesh, Monster Claws, Yellow Mopar Decals, Both Side Stripes and Rallye Stripes?
Even the Cobra Kai Challenger Yellow Grille was over board on the Series Car. The Expense of all this and the planned LED Stuff like you said in your own post KID!!!
Put the money into some nice mods and those Decals will end up marking Shadows on that paint in a short time so when they come off you will have sun Etched Marking
in the Paint and it wont buff out id remove them ASAP this is over a decade of Painting Cars Experience Talking.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,498 Posts
Personally, IMO, I would remove all of that except the window banner, if you like Yellow and get '71 style R/T side stripes in yellow and call it "Done". I would not have been so critical had you not asked for opinions.

I would, if it were my car go with white or black instead of yellow though but then you have to change the windshield banner and that yellow across the splitter?????? I won't go there.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
539 Posts
They Yellow M's , and the Yellow Wipers I think went over board.

They only mess up Johnny;s challenger was originally was a Go Mango 2009 RT
then after he Paints it the car morphs into a 2015 or newer?
But love the Series except for about 4 episodes in season 2. Season 1 and 3 rock good throw back series.
Now Johnny is driving a 1999 Dodge Caravan his son stole?
Yea he needs to go back to the Challenger

1 - 20 of 34 Posts