Dodge Challenger Forum banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
I had a '16 SRT392 manual that sounded awesome. Unfortunately, I had to sell it in late 2017 to balance out some financial considerations (new, to us, house with all of the extra expenses). I've been missing the rumble and fun of driving the SRT392 so I opted to mod my '12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4 5.7L. I added a Corsa CAI, Corsa Sport exhaust system professionally installed, Performance Chip and Pedal Commander. All for just under $2,600. Much cheaper than buying another toy and it sounds great and is much more fun to drive. I've also retained the convenience of keeping the utility my Jeep. A win-win all the way around but I do miss the Challenger Talk Forum.
Here are some pics.
Have a 2013 5.7 overland myself and used HP tuners to tweak the PCM (BTW the WOT is delayed by several seconds on these engines in the stock tune)...wife won't let me tweak the TCM. Definitely woke it up but now must run premium. Not sure how many miles you have on yours but mine is at 120Kmiles and I just discovered my passenger side engine mount is shot...motor moves a couple of inches when you stab the gas in gear (apparently a common problem). There is also a noticeable thump when doing this from a dead stop. Just giving you a heads up.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Have a 2013 5.7 overland myself and used HP tuners to tweak the PCM (BTW the WOT is delayed by several seconds on these engines in the stock tune)...wife won't let me tweak the TCM. Definitely woke it up but now must run premium. Not sure how many miles you have on yours but mine is at 120Kmiles and I just discovered my passenger side engine mount is shot...motor moves a couple of inches when you stab the gas in gear (apparently a common problem). There is also a noticeable thump when doing this from a dead stop. Just giving you a heads up.
My JGC has 82,000 miles on it. The Pedal Commander solved the throttle response lag issue. It has many modes from mild (Eco) to VERY aggressive (kinda scary actually) and can be adjusted from my smart phone. Very cool. Thanks for the heads up on the engine mount issue (nuts!).
BTW: I'm still running mid grade with theses mods with no issues.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
My JGC has 82,000 miles on it. The Pedal Commander solved the throttle lag issue. It has many modes from mild (Eco) to VERY aggressive (kinda scary actually) and can be adjusted from my smart phone. Very cool. Thanks for the heads up on the engine mount issue (nuts!).
Unfortunately pedal command cannot override the WOT delay...it will always be the unless you set it to 0 sec. I also reduced torque management which I think was the reason my mounts failed. :p Just was notified by Steve White parts that the mounts are on their way. Hopefully I can get them in this weekend. I also think this is the reason I feel vibes at highways speeds especially when MDS kicks in.

Here is a thread from the jeep forum giving details on the removal/install.

BTW how do you like the corsa catback. What I don't like about the stock system is seems to sound of rushing air when it shifts at WOT. Sounds like someone just blew out some candles. I guess that noise has something to due with the spring loaded butterflies in the pipe?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Unfortunately pedal command cannot override the WOT delay...it will always be the unless you set it to 0 sec. I also reduced torque management which I think was the reason my mounts failed. :p Just was notified by Steve White parts that the mounts are on their way. Hopefully I can get them in this weekend.

My personal experience, which no one can argue with, is that the Pedal Commander does reduce the throttle response time significantly almost to the point of making it scary to hit the gas on some of the more aggressive settings. Please, let's not get into an argument over this. I'm happy with it and that's really all that matters.
Thanks for the motor mount link.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
My personal experience, which no one can argue with, is that the Pedal Commander does reduce the throttle response time significantly almost to the point of making it scary to hit the gas on some of the more aggressive settings. Please, let's not get into an argument over this. I'm happy with it and that's really all that matters.
Thanks for the motor mount link.
Sorry not arguing but just letting you know there are still limits in the PCM from letting it hit full potential. The pedal commander does a great job for something that can be easily installed and removed. Tuning with HP is anything but easy. If you ever plan on getting into the tuning I can show you things that can be done to the stock tune that will make the heavy pig move.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Unfortunately pedal command cannot override the WOT delay...it will always be the unless you set it to 0 sec. I also reduced torque management which I think was the reason my mounts failed. :p Just was notified by Steve White parts that the mounts are on their way. Hopefully I can get them in this weekend. I also think this is the reason I feel vibes at highways speeds especially when MDS kicks in.

BTW how do you like the corsa catback. What I don't like about the stock system is seems to sound of rushing air when it shifts at WOT. Sounds like someone just blew out some candles. I guess that noise has something to due with the spring loaded butterflies in the pipe?
do you mean you can override the WOT delay???

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
do you mean you can override the WOT delay???
Yes with HP tuners you can program the tune to set it to 0 seconds just like the V8 challengers. You can also modify the pedal request which is a table of % throttle as a function of NV ratio (RPM and vehicle speed) and pedal voltage.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The Corsa Catback system is fantastic. It is extremely high quality and warranted for as long as I own my Jeep. My Jeep now sounds like it has a HEMI. I love the aggressive sound and there is no drone.

20200304_131055.jpg
20200304_131346.jpg
20200325_135005.jpg

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,216 Posts
Im happy with my 5.7 and someone ask hey is that a Hellcat I lie to them and yes no harm no foul

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,434 Posts
When someone that should have a clue asks me if mine is a Hellcat, I say "No, mine has the bigger engine"
Usually I just say, "No, but I wish it was"

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T 5.7L A8 Pitch Black aka "Black Beauty"
19 Posts
With enough performance upgrades the 5.7 does not need defending, it may very well need to be defended against!
You walk down upgrade lane long enough and you'll find out! ;) Ry

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
With enough performance upgrades the 5.7 does not need defending, it may very well need to be defended against!
Yup you can upgrade but it is an expensive road to walk and by the end of the journey you will then realise the stock brakes need upgrading as well.

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
This needed no defending, and the motor was stock! Lol

13698.jpg

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T 5.7L A8 Pitch Black aka "Black Beauty"
19 Posts
The true fun of upgrading is if you can do it yourself, get the satisfaction of doing it, and not have to pay someone to do it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've left so many other cars in the dirt, WOT, it's a challenger with heart, up to a certain point, and the old unexpected jump to WOT before they react at a red to green..not all the time, but the jerks messing around that ask for the embarrassment. In a moment they are 8 car lengths behind, then I slow down, they pass modestly in 2 lane traffic, and they ask themselves,.."is that a 6.4, a hellcat disguised as a 5.7..." That's funny to me... Now grasshopper, they know of ..
Challenger Kung Fu...
( gong sound)....lol..
Screenshot_20200326-213002.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Back 2 topic:
I drove 6 years a Chrysler 300C 5,7 ... wonderfull car. Than I "upgradet" to a 6,1 SRT8. Both cars were driven on LPG so the gascosts was ... to ignore.
A friend of mine still drives a 300C 5,7 , some weeks ago we were on the Autobahn and ... the cars were nearly same on highspeed and accumulation. So it means I got a "bad 6,1" and he a pretty "good 5,7" ... no big difference.
Now I own also a 6,4 Scatpack , its not converted to LPG right now (warranty / guarantee) and a stop at the gasstation is a nightmare ;-)
The engine is much more powerfull but, exactly like the TS wrote: Also much more expensive due to 98 ROZ minimum. Here in Europe LPG is very common for such big sized engiens.
So for me all "muscle cars" are quivalent ... if 5,7 or 6,1 or 6,2 or 6,4 .... always a good choice , enjoy you ride !!

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,345 Posts
Back 2 topic:
I drove 6 years a Chrysler 300C 5,7 ... wonderfull car. Than I "upgradet" to a 6,1 SRT8. Both cars were driven on LPG so the gascosts was ... to ignore.
A friend of mine still drives a 300C 5,7 , some weeks ago we were on the Autobahn and ... the cars were nearly same on highspeed and accumulation. So it means I got a "bad 6,1" and he a pretty "good 5,7" ... no big difference.
Now I own also a 6,4 Scatpack , its not converted to LPG right now (warranty / guarantee) and a stop at the gasstation is a nightmare ;-)
The engine is much more powerfull but, exactly like the TS wrote: Also much more expensive due to 98 ROZ minimum. Here in Europe LPG is very common for such big sized engiens.
So for me all "muscle cars" are quivalent ... if 5,7 or 6,1 or 6,2 or 6,4 .... always a good choice , enjoy you ride !!
Herzlich willkommen.

181 - 200 of 206 Posts