Dodge Challenger Forum banner

201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I picked this beauty up a few days ago. Loaded R/T Plus with 6sp. Did a full clay, machine polish and wax sealant. Took the wheels off and polished them then put a ceramic coat on the inside and outside. I don't look at anything else. View attachment 990045
Wow! Did you use a special effects lens on you camera to get this incredible photo? Did you photo shop this? It looks like one from a professional brochure.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,566 Posts
Wow! Did you use a special effects lens on you camera to get this incredible photo? Did you photo shop this? It looks like one from a professional brochure.
I wend back and looked, yeah that is cool, I'd swear it was a sunrise photo, but he shadow looks like mid-day.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,698 Posts
Minor Rant,

Ever since I bought a 5.7 Challenger R/T plus, most of the comments I get are... "Why not a Scat?" "Why not a Hellcat?". Some of you all might be going through the same thing so I will try to clear up a couple of things.
- Price difference after rebates is about 4-5k plus Gas Tax which is 1kish. Sure it looks like a small amount but that is not the only factor.
-Mandatory Premium gas which is about 100ish extra a month to keep that tank full.
-Insurance: In most cases you are looking in almost 100-200 avg of monthly increase.(for where I live was 137 extra jump from R/T).
This are just a few extra costs to own it.This all adds up to an aprox.increase of $200-$300extra on top of a regular R/T monthly cost of ownership. For some it is chump change but for the average people it is a hefty increase on what an R/T would cost to own. Plus lets be realistic... unless you are a dedicated track person, when would you ever use your full 485hp? Maybe like 10% of the time. And even then why stop at a Scat? Just get a Hellcat?
Main thing of this is to try and stop the whole , "Why not get a Scat?". If people are happy with what they got and worked hard for a V8, then just be chill about it and hit them with a "congrats bro". Some people here feel the need to stroke their ego to the max lol. Rant / out :)
PS. After owning a 2004 Camry, finally got my2019 R/T plus and it feels quick and sounds amazing!
If I were to buy a Challenger to mod it, I'd have gotten a 5.7 Hemi and add a pair of turbos to it. The motor is more mod friendly than the 392's are.

As far as why have 485 hp in our SRT? I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Also, the Hellcat would just get me in trouble and I don't need that. Your analogy of why stop at a Scat Pack is kind of like answering your own thoughts. You bought your 5.7 R/T because that's what you wanted, just like we bought our SRT because that's what we wanted. We could've gotten a Hellcat but decided that 707 hp was just a waste of money (especially when they were adding the steep ADM on top of the already high price for the car. I won't pay MSRP for ANY car, much less ADM on top of that!!! That will NEVER happen even if we did win the lottery). I'm not justifying our purchase just stating my thoughts.

In the end, it worked out Great for us because I like having something different and with everyone either buying a Scat Pack or a Hellcat, our 2015 SRT 392 is actually a pretty rare sight around here (or anywhere else too). I like the fact that I can drive down the road and see other Challenger's but none like ours.

I do agree 1000% in that you shouldn't justify (or have to) why you bought what you did. My question is: "Are you Happy with what you bought?" If so, then who really cares what anyone else thinks? Why let someone have that much power over your feelings, when it doesn't matter what they think anyway?

My bottom line is that instead of everyone complaining or worrying about what everyone else has or has to say, just be Happy with what we are Blessed to have. They are Special automobiles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep, that is why my 2006 and 2015 were 5.7, and while it seems like a cop out saying a 5.7 is "Good enough" it really is "Good enough" It is "Good!" and it is "Enough". 6.1s, then 6.4s then Hellcats are "Better" no doubt. Just like a 5.7 is "Better" than a 3.5/3.6.
For me I got the 5.7, because it was Good Enough, and Price, and yes, Insurance as well, and Gas costs (premium and actual MPG) But with the A8, no gas Guzzler tax.
Oh and also, W.A.F. that changed, so I got a Scat Pack! (the real reason)
Happy Wife, Happy Life is BS! UNHAPPY Wife, Unhappy Life is a FACT!
I love my 5.7 shaker just as much as my 392 shaker. If I had to get rid of one do to my finances it would be the 392.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you. I'm a professional photographer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, picked up a 5.7 T/A, just before the virus crap really hit the fan. Scat Pack was paid off (glad I had gap insurance) from being totaled. Was going to get another Scat Pack, but the T/A really caught my eye, and sound infinitely better, too, for some reason.

Only mods I've done so far is the Luxe tail light blackout, bracket style.

201 - 207 of 207 Posts