Dodge Challenger Forum banner

221 - 240 of 274 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,555 Posts
That's awesome, but your response is almost as... never mind! You might just prompt a 6 figure Challenger owner to say mine is worth more than your two... really none of it matters. I'm not defending any individual like you or your wife. I'm defending the Challenger family. You have two, that's cool, if that's your thing. I have 392 SRT, i bought it preowned and scored a deal. I watched it sit at a local Chrysler dealership from December through the following May. I don't even think it moved in those 6 months. It all worked in my favor. I had grand plans of changing its appearance and customizing it. Then I contacted SRT customer service. Come to find out it's one of 313 in that configuration in the world. That's pretty cool (to me), is I made some very minor and reversible changes to her appearance, to maintain that 313. I would love a Hellcat. I've built out my dream Hellcat and who knows, maybe someday the money will be there to buy a ridiculously expensive, way over powered car for my needs, and I'd be happy owning it. Just as I am my Yellow Jacket and everything else I own. As long as the owner loves their 3.6L, 5.7L, 6.1L or their 6.4L that is all that matters. Our cars are not the fastest, or most agile but they are the coolest most bad ass looking throwback muscle cars out there! Rock on fellow Challenger owners, rock on!!!
As someone who previously owned a Challenger "powered" by the anemic 3.5L engine, I find it suspicious that you left the 3.5L off your list. In fact, I suspect you did it on purpose!

That's fine, it's understandable. That car was so under-powered, I once received a parking ticket while in the middle of a 0-60 mph run. I'm not proud of driving the 3.5L, but it's there, in my past, haunting me...haunting my dreams...my nightmares...

It's easy to dislike the 3.5L and be ashamed of it, but I would submit it's not the 3.5L's fault. It's Dodge's fault for asking it to move such a heavy car around. Poor little thing, it did the best it could!

All kidding aside, holy hell that car was slow...mind-numbingly, stomach-churning, slow...glacially slow, in fact.

Reactions: Goherd14

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nothing beats the look of an R/T Classic. I need to post up some recent pics of my Go Mango Scat Pack. I put new OEM R/T side stripes on and "392 Hemi" call outs on the hood (OEM shaker badges). It's the 392 R/T classic that you couldn't get in 2018 when I bought her new. Now you can order a Scat Pack with those stripes.... [Edit - here some recent pics]
View attachment 994533 View attachment 994534 View attachment 994535
Love those Stripes, really sharp. Good call.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Love those Stripes, really sharp. Good call.
Thanks! I just posted a thread on the car in the Scat Pack section for R/Ts.

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
112 Posts
Nothing beats the look of an R/T Classic. I need to post up some recent pics of my Go Mango Scat Pack. I put new OEM R/T side stripes on and "392 Hemi" call outs on the hood (OEM shaker badges). It's the 392 R/T classic that you couldn't get in 2018 when I bought her new. Now you can order a Scat Pack with those stripes.... [Edit - here some recent pics]

This almost looks TorRed, but I know the trick GoMango can pull off. When I had my GoMango RT, it could look as red as this depending on the lighting in pictures.

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
112 Posts
So I recently just purchased my R/T and I did price out both an R/T as well as a few Scat Packs. Being that I wanted Go Mango my choices were limited with all the options I wanted in my area (and most dealers were 4+ hours away). Having test driven both I did know how much extra pull was available with the 392 and it does feel good. However nobody was willing to deal (one dealership looked promising with the internet price only to tack on so many bogus fees and options that literally all the "savings" were gone and you were back to sticker minus rebates). So I was not unhappy to get my R/T as I got a good deal and it had all the options I wanted and really nothing I added on that I did not want to inflate the price. After driving it for a couple weeks with more people going back to work in my area I am reminded that I will not have as many opportunities as I would like to unleash 485 horsepower so an R/T is going to make a great daily driver. I really enjoy the active exhaust and I am not going to run it at the track so while it would have been nice at the end of the day I have no complaints. Another perk is that the R/T will take regular gas. I complained a lot of the time when I had to put premium in my Lexus I got rid of and it was a V6 that got 23 mpg, so I can only image feeding that 6.4 HEMI. So I agree be happy with what you have and if you can afford a Scat Pack (or even a Hellcat) and that is what you want then go get it.
Those internet sales. I experienced a very similar thing when I was shopping around for my car. I was in a scavenging mode for 2019 left-overs and talked with multiple dealers. They all tried to recoup "discounts" one way or another. One dealer in Virginia had a discounted price excluding the destination charge saying it was the law in the area not to include it in the advertised prices. The dealer I bought my Scat Pack from did have bogus fees and a "mandatory option" such as electronic title registration fee (about $400 ON TOP OF another $400 for a tag/title) and expensive color coating. I was not exactly happy, but they agreed on the walk-out price I told them before I went to the dealer, so I tolerated them. On the other hand, the experience with my previous one (2018 RT) was very good and smooth. The price was the price shown on their website and they had very minimal fees (dealer fee was like only $129, can you believe that?). I went all the way to Arkansas and it was worth the long drive back home.

By the way, an excellent choice of the color. GoMango is what I had on my previous one, too.

·
Registered
163 Posts

I agree. Classic is the best for looks

11D9F002-094E-47CC-910A-3795E7A4ECEE.jpeg

·
Registered
35 Posts
You know what 485 horsepower is good for? Passing people lol.
Oh if only it were so simple. These idiots around me ride side by side on the 4 (and then closer to town 6) lane highway I live off of that just causes traffic to clump up. They have no idea what the left lane is actually for. I just got back from running a couple errands at lunch and I was behind a white Scat Pack and it was maddening driving back home. We were both just stuck with nowhere to go.

Those internet sales. I experienced a very similar thing when I was shopping around for my car. I was in a scavenging mode for 2019 left-overs and talked with multiple dealers. They all tried to recoup "discounts" one way or another. One dealer in Virginia had a discounted price excluding the destination charge saying it was the law in the area not to include it in the advertised prices. The dealer I bought my Scat Pack from did have bogus fees and a "mandatory option" such as electronic title registration fee (about $400 ON TOP OF another $400 for a tag/title) and expensive color coating. I was not exactly happy, but they agreed on the walk-out price I told them before I went to the dealer, so I tolerated them. On the other hand, the experience with my previous one (2018 RT) was very good and smooth. The price was the price shown on their website and they had very minimal fees (dealer fee was like only $129, can you believe that?). I went all the way to Arkansas and it was worth the long drive back home.

By the way, an excellent choice of the color. GoMango is what I had on my previous one, too.
Thanks, I absolutely love the color. It might not be Hemi Orange but it sure looks good. Yeah I was disappointed because the Scat Pack I had found was a Widebody that looked fantastic.
That initial pricing definitely made it very enticing and then they turned out to do your typical car dealer bait and switch. They were definitely not going be letting it go with any real discounts. I was willing to pay more for it, just not willing to pay sticker price minus rebates. Still I cannot complain, mine puts a smile on my face every time I crank it up and get to go somewhere.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I'll take it one step further... I've defended 3.6L owners as well as 5.7L owners while out with my 2012 6.4L SRT8 Yellow Jacket Challenger. Regardless of why, it really is to each his or her own, period end! 3.6 and 5.7 owners aren't the only ones who hear other's opinions. I hear it all the time. Why a Yellow Jacket, why not a Hellcat, or a Demon, blah, blah, blah. My hat's off to all Challenger owners who love their ride! We all are Challenger strong! View attachment 994525
Or even worse, you could get crap from a guy in a Scat Pack saying: "oh, you have one of those older, slower 392s...." All kidding aside, I love the 5.7 Challengers and would have no problem buying another one some day. I even like the old SRT8s with the 6.1L Hemis.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just as it's possible for Scat Pack owners to be satisfied with their 6.4 and not have to have a Hellcat, 5.7 owners can be perfectly happy with what they have.
I started with a 5.7, traded for a Scat Pack four years later, then when it came time to buy another, I went back with the 5.7. It wasn't that I couldn't afford another SP, it was just that I there were a number of aspects of the 5.7 R/T that I preferred over the SP I had. I couldn't be more satisfied with my decision.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
I have my 5.7L R/T, it is paid off (Most important aspect). I have too much invested in it, wheels, tires, stripes, custom paint, etc. to get rid of it. If I had a larger garage or someplace to store another car, I would buy a Scat Pack so then we would have 3 Challengers plus my 2017 Cherokee (my work beater). But then again, with the R/T being my toy maybe a new Scat Pack for a work/winter beater.... Hmmm now I am thinking, trade in the Cherokee and get a stripped out Scat, something to leave stock and not care too much about... Something with a warranty to beat the living snot out of. Oh man now I have to break the news to the wife.

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
I have my 5.7L R/T, it is paid off (Most important aspect). I have too much invested in it, wheels, tires, stripes, custom paint, etc. to get rid of it. If I had a larger garage or someplace to store another car, I would buy a Scat Pack so then we would have 3 Challengers plus my 2017 Cherokee (my work beater). But then again, with the R/T being my toy maybe a new Scat Pack for a work/winter beater.... Hmmm now I am thinking, trade in the Cherokee and get a stripped out Scat, something to leave stock and not care too much about... Something with a warranty to beat the living snot out of. Oh man now I have to break the news to the wife.
Sometimes its easier to apologize than it is get permission. I say get it now and surprise her later. 😁

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Sometimes its easier to apologize than it is get permission. I say get it now and surprise her later. 😁
I have actually use that phrase on my wife, "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission".
Or when she tells me 5 times she is leaving, to go to the store, I'll say, "I can't miss you if you don't leave".
Or when she starts frustrating me I'll tell her, "I really would like to be missing you right about now", it sounds better than, "Go the F away".

·
Registered
924 Posts
Oh if only it were so simple. These idiots around me ride side by side on the 4 (and then closer to town 6) lane highway I live off of that just causes traffic to clump up. They have no idea what the left lane is actually for. I just got back from running a couple errands at lunch and I was behind a white Scat Pack and it was maddening driving back home. We were both just stuck with nowhere to go.
Haha been there, it is impossible to really open them up anywhere. I always tell my wife I drive a sports car so that I can pass idiots at any chance I get.

I was just joking around though, I was saying 485 horsepower is great and all but it helps to pass cars and that’s about the extent of its purpose.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Or even worse, you could get crap from a guy in a Scat Pack saying: "oh, you have one of those older, slower 392s...." All kidding aside, I love the 5.7 Challengers and would have no problem buying another one some day. I even like the old SRT8s with the 6.1L Hemis.
I tell my buddy he has the older, slower SRT8 all the time lol. He hates when I tell him that.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just as it's possible for Scat Pack owners to be satisfied with their 6.4 and not have to have a Hellcat, 5.7 owners can be perfectly happy with what they have.
I started with a 5.7, traded for a Scat Pack four years later, then when it came time to buy another, I went back with the 5.7. It wasn't that I couldn't afford another SP, it was just that I there were a number of aspects of the 5.7 R/T that I preferred over the SP I had. I couldn't be more satisfied with my decision.
If you like your car who cares? That’s why I don’t get the purpose of this thread? If you’re happy, what are you defending? Why do you even care? My Scat Pack is very powerful and painfully slow in comparison because it’s fat, that’s just the truth about my car but I wouldn’t be offended if someone told me that. A stock C8 corvette would demolish my car with only 5 more horsepower for not much more money.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
375 Posts
If you like your car who cares? That’s why I don’t get the purpose of this thread? If you’re happy, what are you defending? Why do you even care? My Scat Pack is very powerful and painfully slow in comparison because it’s fat, that’s just the truth about my car but I wouldn’t be offended if someone told me that. A stock C8 corvette would demolish my car with only 5 more horsepower for not much more money.
Yeah but i wouldnt want a Corvette unless it is from the seventies, ...even if it is slower with that 350. Just much better looking IMO than todays Vettes'

Reactions: MuscleCarProf

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
Destroy it how, in a quarter mile drag race? Hardly a practicality many folks encounter very often.

Put the vette in a much more realistic scenario, and it’s advantages over the Challenger fade pretty quickly.

For example:
  • you heard on the news that the cops are looking into who’s been disappearing prostitutes in the red light district.
  • you decide to relocate the 3 hooker corpses you have decomposing in your crawl space from there out to the rock quarry.
  • you own a vette and a Challenger, which one to use for hauling the bodies quickly and efficiently??
Sure, the vette might make thetrip to the quarry and back in less time than the scat Challenger, but you’ll have to make 3 trips to get rid of the 3 bodies.

Whereas you’ll only have to make 1 trip with the Challenger, and no matter how much faster the vette is, it can’t make 3 trips in the same time it takes the Challenger to make 1.

Reactions: Cominfromcamaro

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
I never feel the need to defend 5.7 owners...

A Guy

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,207 Posts
@Nuke

Are the hookers in question Asian (small) or full sized Merican style entrepreneurs?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Destroy it how, in a quarter mile drag race? Hardly a practicality many folks encounter very often.

Put the vette in a much more realistic scenario, and it’s advantages over the Challenger fade pretty quickly.

For example:
  • you heard on the news that the cops are looking into who’s been disappearing prostitutes in the red light district.
  • you decide to relocate the 3 hooker corpses you have decomposing in your crawl space from there out to the rock quarry.
  • you own a vette and a Challenger, which one to use for hauling the bodies quickly and efficiently??
Sure, the vette might make thetrip to the quarry and back in less time than the scat Challenger, but you’ll have to make 3 trips to get rid of the 3 bodies.

Whereas you’ll only have to make 1 trip with the Challenger, and no matter how much faster the vette is, it can’t make 3 trips in the same time it takes the Challenger to make 1.
😂😂😂

221 - 240 of 274 Posts