Dodge Challenger Forum banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I picked this beauty up a few days ago. Loaded R/T Plus with 6sp. Did a full clay, machine polish and wax sealant. Took the wheels off and polished them then put a ceramic coat on the inside and outside. I don't look at anything else.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
179 Posts
I picked this beauty up a few days ago. Loaded R/T Plus with 6sp. Did a full clay, machine polish and wax sealant. Took the wheels off and polished them then put a ceramic coat on the inside and outside. I don't look at anything else. View attachment 990045
Did you take off the fender Hemi badge and replace it with the Heritage scrip or did it come that way?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
I picked this beauty up a few days ago. Loaded R/T Plus with 6sp. Did a full clay, machine polish and wax sealant. Took the wheels off and polished them then put a ceramic coat on the inside and outside. I don't look at anything else.
Do you have STP with launch control? If not, you can add it...look here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did you take off the fender Hemi badge and replace it with the Heritage scrip or did it come that way?
Came that way with the Classic Package

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you have STP with launch control? If not, you can add it...look here.
I have the STP from the factory. The only option this doesn't have is the adaptive cruise

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
I have the STP from the factory. The only option this doesn't have is the adaptive cruise
Yeah unfortunately adaptive cruise and remote start are not available on manuals but you can add Aux buttons and use a Tazer from Zauto to add line lock to one of the buttons.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like it. May do that to mine.
What exactly is the classic package?
Classic package: 20" Classic II Polished Aluminum Wheels, Black R/T Classic side stripes, Challenger script fender badges. $1295

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
179 Posts
Gotta tell ya the 5.7 ‘s got sound!
Agree, the active exhaust sounds really nice on my 2018. Dont want to go louder than it is.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
835 Posts
Honestly, the +2018 (2017 is not bad) do but pre-2018 the exhaust note is weak.
I was under the impression that Active Exhaust was implemented in the 5.7L cars beginning in 2017.....along with the 2.75” exhaust systems? Is there a difference?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
I was under the impression that Active Exhaust was implemented in the 5.7L cars beginning in 2017.....along with the 2.75” exhaust systems? Is there a difference?
Thought they made a change in 2018, there was an old thread where it was speculated that 2018 had a change but looking at parts catalog exhaust appears to be the same for 2017-2019.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
Ah here is the thread.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
835 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Honestly, the +2018 (2017 is not bad) do but pre-2018 the exhaust note is weak.
Agreed. When I first started my RT up at the dealer, I was shocked to hear how loud it was. I thought it had an aftermarket exhaust. I remember the 2009-2012's I had and they had almost no sound. Even the 6.1 SRT8 I had was weak. At the time, that was the major complaint of the Challengers. They sure fixed that with the bottle resonators and active exhaust.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I had a '16 SRT392 manual that was beastly fast and sounded awesome. Unfortunately, I had to sell it in late 2017 to balance out some financial considerations (new, to us, house with all of the extra expenses). I've been missing the rumble and fun of driving the SRT392 so I opted to mod my '12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4 5.7L. I added a Corsa CAI, Corsa Sport exhaust system professionally installed, Performance Chip and Pedal Commander. All for just under $2,600. Much cheaper than buying another toy and it sounds great and is much more fun to drive. I've also retained the convenience of keeping the utility of my Jeep. A win-win all the way around but I do miss the Challenger Talk Forum.
Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a '16 SRT392 manual that sounded awesome. Unfortunately, I had to sell it in late 2017 to balance out some financial considerations (new, to us, house with all of the extra expenses). I've been missing the rumble and fun of driving the SRT392 so I opted to mod my '12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4 5.7L. I added a Corsa CAI, Corsa Sport exhaust system professionally installed, Performance Chip and Pedal Commander. All for just under $2,600. Much cheaper than buying another toy and it sounds great and is much more fun to drive. I've also retained the convenience of keeping the utility my Jeep. A win-win all the way around but I do miss the Challenger Talk Forum.
Here are some pics.
Well, there are priorities in life as you just experienced. The Jeep looks good and it will tie you over, for now. I went through that for a period of time after my last Challenger I had from 2012-2014. Five and a half years later I'm back in one. It's a great feeling.

161 - 180 of 206 Posts