Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crazy video here, Demon catches on fire, workers start to put it out then back off when owner gets an attitude. I never thought these guys were responsible for your car but never saw them stand around and watch a car burn either. Be interesting to see how this plays out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,420 Posts
Yeah, attitudes on both ends, can't really tell what the driver said first. They ran over and started hosing it down, and I don't know why he put the window down. If I felt my car blow, and wouldn't shut off (I assume that is what happened, probably needed to press and hold since trans was in gear...) and I saw workers running over spraying fire extinguishers, I would pop hood, put on brake and get out and away. Then do what they say. The guy is probably lucky they didn't accidentally hose down his interior.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I would say both parties are to blame here. And yeah I don't know why he put the window down either. I noticed he said 'Let it burn' then walked away. Ego's got in the way for sure. It's all on video though..I'm sure it'll end up in court. I just know if that was my car, I would be crying.

·
Registered
418 Posts
100% the owners fault. He was stupid from the start. My opinion from listening to him at the start of this video. When your at the track you do what the track workers tell you to do. Ok, it wouldn't shut off he said. Well then why get mad at the people trying to help you???

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do those workers qualify as fire crew and is there is even a responsibility on the part of the track to fight a fire for you? There's a lot of liability releases in those on track waivers so guess you'd have to have an attorney look at the one signed here.

On the A8, if the trans or driveshaft blows but the output shaft is still turning, there is no way to stop the engine using the start/stop button. You've got to kill the fuel pump or relay and wait for engine to die.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,420 Posts
On the A8, if the trans or driveshaft blows but the output shaft is still turning, there is no way to stop the engine using the start/stop button. You've got to kill the fuel pump or relay and wait for engine to die.

Are you sure that press and hold won't kill it? I haven't tried it on my newer Mopars but other cars I have owned if you pressed and held the start/stop button for like 5-10 seconds it would shut off while moving in gear.
I'll test mine in gear idling, and if it does, I'll try it idling on my street. Not under any power though. And IF anyone decides to try this, warning. It kills EVERYTHING, you get like 1 press of power brakes, ZERO POWER STEERING, no ABS... Basically you have a 1960 car with no engine rolling down the road.

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you sure that press and hold won't kill it? I haven't tried it on my newer Mopars but other cars I have owned if you pressed and held the start/stop button for like 5-10 seconds it would shut off while moving in gear.
I'll test mine in gear idling, and if it does, I'll try it idling on my street. Not under any power though. And IF anyone decides to try this, warning. It kills EVERYTHING, you get like 1 press of power brakes, ZERO POWER STEERING, no ABS... Basically you have a 1960 car with no engine rolling down the road.
If the car is stopped, but the shaft is turning you cant kill the engine. Its like trying to stop your engine when it's D but not moving, try it, it cant be done. Now as a safety feature, if your car is moving above I think 2.5 mph if you hold the button in it will shut off. But parked, it will not.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Maybe I'm crazy, but engine off should mean engine off. This a good example of why the driver should be making these decisions instead of computer programming.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If that was my car I wouldn’t have just been standing there, I woulda been grabbing those extinguishers from them to try and do something to save it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
Agreed. My hands sure wouldn't have been in my pockets as the car started to burn..

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
908 Posts
WOW! a lot of stupid going on there.

Reactions: Fawls and Drag City

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Dude should have done as the track workers told him instead of saying let it burn. I guess he either has lots of money to burn (no pun intended) or he thinks his insurance will pay for it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,552 Posts
Only lawyers will win...

A Guy

1 - 20 of 50 Posts