Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Id like to take off the hellcat style hood on my widebody and switch it out for a demon style hood.

Few questions id very much like answered:
1. after the switch, will it function exactly like the old hood? (opening, closing, staying open and such, will i be able to utilize the demon air grabber if i change my air filter/box to a open one?)
2. i dont live in the USA/Canada, im in the EU, so where can i go about buying one of these hoods that ship them internationally?
3. how complicated is it to install? (heatshield, sensors? if any, etc.)

Interested in ANY AND ALL info you can give me.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
11,700 Posts
correct, cannot be purchased unless you can prove you own a Demon and have a reason to replace

·
Registered
26 Posts
But you can add one of these...

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
correct, cannot be purchased unless you can prove you own a Demon and have a reason to replace
Oh come on man, i know thats not possible.. and i wasnt talking about the original demon hood.... just a hood with that style, exactly like the one you can buy from andersoncomposites.. the problem is they dont ship internationally and it says its for the 2008-18 (no mentioning 2019's).

The following has me a bit confused "Anderson Composites does not suggest re-installing gas shocks/dampers/struts " and "The use of a hood prop rod is highly recommended " - like why wouldnt the struts that are on the car/hood right now work with a new hood that supposedly fits perfectly and is even lighter a few lbs than the old one?

·
Registered
26 Posts
the problem is they dont ship internationally and it says its for the 2008-18 (no mentioning 2019's).

The following has me a bit confused "Anderson Composites does not suggest re-installing gas shocks/dampers/struts " and "The use of a hood prop rod is highly recommended " - like why wouldnt the struts that are on the car/hood right now work with a new hood that supposedly fits perfectly and is even lighter a few lbs than the old one?
My guess is their website has not been updated to include the 2019. (of course I would ask before buying)

Being the hood is lighter, they probably do not want to warranty any warping/bowing/cracking that should occur from shutting the hood. In their own pics they show a hood installed with the hood shocks.

·
Vendor
11,700 Posts
Oh come on man, i know thats not possible.. and i wasnt talking about the original demon hood.... just a hood with that style, exactly like the one you can buy from andersoncomposites.. the problem is they dont ship internationally and it says its for the 2008-18 (no mentioning 2019's).

i dont make the rules, to purchase a new oem one you must own a Demon and prove it and have a reason to buy a replacement

·
Vendor
11,700 Posts
My guess is their website has not been updated to include the 2019. (of course I would ask before buying)

Being the hood is lighter, they probably do not want to warranty any warping/bowing/cracking that should occur from shutting the hood. In their own pics they show a hood installed with the hood shocks.
shipping a hood internationally is a very tricky problem, the chances of making it there in one piece, zero, unless heavily crate

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
i dont make the rules, to purchase a new oem one you must own a Demon and prove it and have a reason to buy a replacement

That's a fact!, required to show proof of ownership, Vin #, current registration, and reason for the order. Went through that when I was ordering a pair of Demon wheels....

HOT ROD ON

1 - 10 of 10 Posts