Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Well long story, but came across a Demon Hood that was used for nondestructive testing. Unicorns do exist lol...

Being as such it just the hood,, missing everything else, haven't gotten to call my local dealership to see what might slip through the cracks past the proof of ownership clause.

Are any of the Redeye/dual scoop hood parts interchange, hood air cleaner bezel, air box assembly?

If anyone has done this and discovered what works and what can be made to work would be great.

Regards,
Jim

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
The entire air box assembly has the same part# 68424621AA , as do the seal 5038836AC , the Air Cleaner Mounting Leg Isolator 4573049, and the Isolator Bushing 68089049AA . So basically the air box is the same with only the filter part# being different (The Demon filter has a Demon logo on it, the Redeye the Redeye logo). I Ass U Me they are the same dimensionally

Demon

Redeye

Demon air inlet bezel 68335868AB

Redeye air inlet bezel 68378082AB

Very similar, but it appears the underside of the hood is different in that area. The Hood Silencer appears to be the same on both 68304651AB

You won't be able to acquire a Demon inlet unless you are very lucky again

A Guy

Reactions: jmos4

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi,

Thanks for the info, I figured some parts might be similar at least I was hoping.

Do you know by chance what the difference or what changed in the airbox assembly as I saw a different number listed in other posts (5038819AE) is replaced by the new number?

Wondering if the hood inlet bezel from a Redeye could be modified to fit a Demon Hood? Think I've seen a few on Evilbay around 50 bucks so might be worth a attempt. And farther down the rabbit hole I go...

Thanks again,
Jim

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
This is what I love about looking up Mopar parts

How did you find that part#? I searched by 2018/Dodge/Challenger/Demon, and 2019/Dodge/Challenger/Hellcat Redeye. When I search your part after searching 2018/Dodge/Challenger/Demon, it says it fits on Steve White, but not on another site. All I know is that the 68424621AA came up for both the 2018 Demon and 2019 Redeye

A Guy

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again,

Was on one of the post on 1 of the 3 Forums, Z, here or Hellcat

Got lucky today and scored 2 revised hood bezels, 1st dealer asked for proof to order, but told me another nearby had 2, called no mention of verification, so paid cash and ran for the door, lol

Getting a little closer at having a setup...

Regards,
Jim

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Wow, get thee to the lottery!

A Guy

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny thing, my wife threw me a surprise B-day party and everyone bought me lottery tickets, won almost a grand, so it paid for almost everything so far, lol

One of the few times the stars are aligned, lol

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just installed the Demon hood on my 2013. There are a few different air boxes you can go with. K&N has one that I am still going to work on getting hooked up to work with my Demon hood. There is only two bezels, the one that goes in the air inlet opening that you can see from the outside and the other is the one in the pics in this post that you all are showing in the pics. I got the bezel in the pics from the guy I purchased the demon hood from it was unpainted and brand new and I found the outer bezel at a dodge dealership close to where I live because I had the dodge dealership parts place find the part # and do a search for it and luckily the dodge dealership about 45 miles away had it and did not require that I give them a vin # to purchase the bezel.

Not sure if any of the parts are interchangeable with the redeye though because I wasnt really interested in the redeye so I never really looked at one of the redeye hoods makeup, sorry.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Happy Belated Birthday 🥳

A Guy

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the belated...

Reason for this post was I was pretty sure FCA would recycle the design from 1 model to another, and considering the B.S. you have to o thru to buy anything Demon related, and considering the Redeye is the closest version of the Demon offerings, it makes sense some parts carried over.

You have any pictures or the 2013 with the hood installed?

You know the dealership that I checked with about the hood insert, was the original one I had tried to order my Scat Pack M6 through, and their system wouldn't allow them as it kept telling them no back seat or strip and kept trying to force a A8. The guy at the parts counter had the warning about ordering the part, but was nice enough to lead me to the nearby that had it, maybe try him for the bezel even though most sites online say its discontinued.

Anyone know what tube will work Demon/Redeye airbox to 392 throttle body?

Thanks again for the input.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
I need an adapter to connect that filter to my 5.7L LOL

$660 bucks?? Ouch for some plastic and a 30 dollar filter????

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,

Yeah pricey, the rubber hose is as well, I'm still at the gather parts phase, and understanding what might work, hopefully on the cheap, I'll have more in bits and pieces than what the hood cost me, lol

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
309 Posts
I can get you some pics as soon as I get a break from work and get moving around. Luckily I live in WV I guess :). My hoses for the windsheild washer sprayers and the rubber that goes to the front, the rubber piece came off of my Hellcat hood so all that stuff I could move over to the Demon hood. The guy that I purchased the new hood from at the time had a Demon and somehow he had a connection where he bought at least 5 of the Demon hoods brand new but I guess he was able to do that because he had the VIN # off of his Demon. I did have to have my buddy who put the hood on who has a body shop make a cut in the hood for my pulley off of my 4.5 Liter blower because that was the only place it was hitting and I guess the pulley on the 4.5 L blower sits higher then the stock blowers.

My dodge dealership is pretty good with me now because they know if they dont get me part #s and things then I will find a way around them as they know my car and what all I have done to it which does help. At the time when I needed the outside air inlet bezel they pulled it right up for me and told me the place like 45 minutes away had one at the time and they said I could go down there and probably get it because there arent any Demons around here and they probably would be happy to sell it because it probably would just sit and no one would purchase it. I went down that day to there parts department and sure enough they had one in stock :) to sell me.

Here are the pics of my demon hood on my 2013 Challenger RT
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

Here is where they had to cut underneath the hood for clearance for the pulley on my blower

Automotive exterior

A few more pics

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Car
Vehicle Car Hood Engine Auto part
Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Bumper Rear-view mirror

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hi again,

That's cool they help you buy the parts, sure SRT and some Demon owners would complain, but personally wish a Demon hood was a option on my car.

Is the Demon/Redeye throttle body the same diameter as the 392 Scat Pack throttle body, as hate to hunt everything down if it isn't going to work.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
Hi again,

That's cool they help you buy the parts, sure SRT and some Demon owners would complain, but personally wise a Demon hood was a option on my car.

Is the Demon/Redeye throttle body the same diameter as the 392 Scat Pack throttle body, as hate to hunt everything down if it isn't going to work.

Regards,
Jim
There were recalls for the Demon hood, something about the front bezel cracking or something. Since your car would not qualify for the fix, I would check to make sure the part causing the issues is updated. Just a thought, or go with the redeye hood as the problem was with the 4' wide scoop.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi,

Yes there is a redesign part number for the insert 68453283AB (old pn: 68317121AC) also there is a place making carbon fiber versions.

Bezel was expanding and chipping the paint from what I've read, new bezel is supposed to correct.

Regards,
Jim

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi,

Yes there is a redesign part number for the insert 68453283AB (old pn: 68317121AC) also there is a place making carbon fiber versions.

Bezel was expanding and chipping the paint from what I've read, new bezel is supposed to correct.

Regards,
Jim
I am going to check my part # on the bezel, thanks for that information. Awesome.

I dont think the throttle body will matter as far as the air box. That will just depend on your motor setup. You can always get different air intake pieces to make the air box and hoses connect to whatever throttle body you are using.

I wouldnt change throttle body on your car if you arent changing the motor up or unless you just want to.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi,

Didn't se any part numbers on the new one I just got, but still wrapped in plastic.

Not planning on changing the throttle body, just wanted to know if the Demon/Redeye tube will work, if not start fabing something else up.

Do I need that little makeup air hose assembly?

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
309 Posts
When you do your custom off of what you have from original its all going to be custom trial and error for every upgrade you will do. Just try it and see and the other way to know is to find someone with the Demon or the Redeye and if the air box is the same on both do the comparison for where there location is and see where yours is at. The other question I have for you is what motor do you have in yours now and does it have the factory blower that the redeye or the demon has? If you dont have the factory blower on your motor then yes you will have to do some custom fabing to go from the air box to your throttle body on your car.

It shouldnt be hard to do, it will just take some time and energy figuring out what exactly your going to need to make it adapt.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi,

Airbox is the same, see beginning of post, new part numbers supercede the Demon one's.

392 no mods, other than the intake that goes with the new hood, worst case make something out of exhaust pipe and 1 or 2 silicone boots

Regards,
Jim

1 - 20 of 35 Posts