Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These wheels are super sexy. LOVE how that new super stock looks. But... just realized they’re 18s and the rotors on these vehicles are smaller!

Given this, would they even fit on a scatpack wide body?

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,717 Posts
I believe all widebody Scatpack and Hellcat cars have the 15.4" front 6 piston brakes, 18 will not fit over those.

·
Registered
16,484 Posts
Definitely will not fit.

Here's the special Demon/Super Stock 14.2" 4-piston front brakes needed to clear the 18's..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Definitely will not fit.

Here's the special Demon/Super Stock 14.2" 4-piston front brakes needed to clear the 18's..

Yup. A guy super motivated to get this "look" could make the brake swap. Smaller brakes are plenty for cars that only run a 1/4 mile at a time in a straight line but here in the real world of street driven cars. Smaller brakes seem like a pretty ill advised move and paying to make it happen just seems really KOOKY if your car won't be dramatically faster for it!!

If I really wanted this "look" I'd just buy the car when it becomes available. It's just my opinion but if this appearance is that important to someone at least they should also get the only advantage that comes with it....the straight line speed and acceleration. The sub 3.0 0-60 MPH and under 11 second 1/4 mile time in a warrantied car really is the only reason to prefer this car over a standard issue Hell Cat with better brakes for real world driving.

·
Registered
16,484 Posts
You know the Demon (and now the Super Stock) gets a bad rap for these brakes but if you keep the drag radials on, the Demon had the best 60-0 braking performance of any US car at 97 feet, 5 feet shorter than Hellcat Widebody. It stopped shorter than Corvette, ZL-1, GT500, everything. The only car that stopped shorter was some $200,000+ Porsche that beat it by 1 foot.

So maybe trying to stop in the triple digits you will notice a little difference but for normal driving there is no issue.

And I like the way they went with this new 2-piece rotor and special aluminum calipers, so they are not just Scat Pack brakes as some have incorrectly stated.

Would love a Super Stock!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
You know the Demon (and now the Super Stock) gets a bad rap for these brakes but if you keep the drag radials on, the Demon had the best 60-0 braking performance of any US car at 97 feet, 5 feet shorter than Hellcat Widebody. It stopped shorter than Corvette, ZL-1, GT500, everything. The only car that stopped shorter was some $200,000+ Porsche that beat it by 1 foot.

So maybe trying to stop in the triple digits you will notice a little difference but for normal driving there is no issue.

And I like the way they went with this new 2-piece rotor and special aluminum calipers, so they are not just Scat Pack brakes as some have incorrectly stated.

Would love a Super Stock!

Gotta admit I'm surprised to this and it suggests the bigger brakes are over-kill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts