Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a couple questions for the Demon aficionados, thank you in advance.

1. How many demons were built so far?
2. Do you guys think they'll make more than 3,000?

·
Registered
303 Posts
If they do produce more, I think they would have to do so in a later model year. If I am not mistaken, Dodge did say something to the effect that they would be only producing 3000 of them. This is part of the reason that the retail price was so high, it is a limited production, "rare car."
Think of how PISSED current owners would be to learn that after they paid the exorbitant price because of the limited production numbers, then Doge says...."gotch-ya!" Were going to produce a bunch more!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
3303, don't forget the Canadian ones, and the replacements for the 3 that burned in hellfire :)

A Guy

·
Registered
194 Posts
If they do produce more, I think they would have to do so in a later model year. If I am not mistaken, Dodge did say something to the effect that they would be only producing 3000 of them. This is part of the reason that the retail price was so high, it is a limited production, "rare car."
Think of how PISSED current owners would be to learn that after they paid the exorbitant price because of the limited production numbers, then Doge says...."gotch-ya!" Were going to produce a bunch more!
What recourse would you have if they do build more? They already have your money.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Just like when hellcats come out and the stupid money people paid. Now look at the pricing. Specially used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CtheW0rld

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If you are buying a Demon as an investment, you are an idiot and deserve whatever comes your way.

Go ask the Hellcat owners how it worked out for them.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
My sons friend just picked up his demon, took a company flatbed and put it on to get it out of the dealers lot.

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
Hey guys I have a couple questions for the Demon aficionados, thank you in advance.

1. How many demons were built so far?
2. Do you guys think they'll make more than 3,000?
According to RS, they have built 827 so far and the plant is closed until Jan 22.

They'll make the 3300 as promised, maybe a couple more and the three extra to cover those that burned but close to 3300.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Trimec

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I get a kick out of all these rich people that pay way over 100,000 and a lot more and the dealer is to sell these hellcat demons cars for around 85,000 must be nice to throw money away like that .I see now that you can find a nice used hellcat like a 2015 model with low miles for about 50,000

·
Super Moderator
15,725 Posts
I get a kick out of all these rich people that pay way over 100,000 and a lot more and the dealer is to sell these hellcat demons cars for around 85,000 must be nice to throw money away like that .I see now that you can find a nice used hellcat like a 2015 model with low miles for about 50,000
History has been repeating on this - I remember when the 2008 Challengers came out and being "numbered editions" and hearing stories of 10K - 25K above MSRP as if these were the only ones going to be ever built.

The following model year '09 - more were built that offered more colors, more transmission choices, larger MyGig HDD radio and limited slip diffs that '08s didn't offer.

The value of those no mile '08s sitting around - are going for slightly above what a lightly used model would be of more recently years. Maybe in 40 years, when there's fewer examples of no miles /low miles their values may go up but hard to see 35 years in the future as to what will be favored from a collectible value standpoint.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,286 Posts
Maybe in 40 years, when there's fewer examples of no miles /low miles their values may go up but hard to see 35 years in the future as to what will be favored from a collectible value standpoint.
I don't think the sheet metal/foam will hold up to 20 years...let alone 40 years. :worried: Wait, wasn't there an issue with cracking/fading plastic body panels on the earlier models?

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
No foam or sound deadener in the Demon. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,725 Posts
No foam or sound deadener in the Demon. :D

There's still some on the firewall. Tim K wanted to have all sound absorber material deleted, but engineering didn't go that far.
-that said, its a lot more noise inside a Demon due to those changes.

Reactions: Slidd

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
You underestimate how rich rich people can be...We had a tech scratch a tile on a floor in a mansion here. Turns out the owners had flown in craftsmen from Italy who had hand polished every marble tile. We had to pay for these Italian guys to come and replace the tile, and hand polish it. People with money often have MONEY! And no shame to waste it on ridiculous things. A Guy

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Things like "rich," wealth and foolish spending are all relative things. There are plenty of people in America that think spending money on a car like a Challenger is a foolish waste of money, never mind those of us who have one as a second or third car. When it comes to Hellcats, Demons, AMGs or whatever gets one's heart racing remember what the great Ferris Bueller said "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

Reactions: Trimec

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Hold on to those Hemi's...........

By 2030 The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia wants electric ONLY to be sold........probably won't happen that soon but I'd bet a years pay it will BEFORE 40 years.

Our son's and daughters (or maybe grandchildren) can sell those Hemi's for their retirement!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts