Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
I left my 2 cents :) (at the original article web site)

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
Bunch of whiners. Don't buy one if you don't like it. They're only making 3000 of them, and how many will you ever actually see on the street anyway? Not many dumb 18-21 year old kids have $80-100K lying around anyway, mostly be older dudes buying these who have some bucks and have likely owned fast cars most of their lives and know how to handle it. I think those writers ought to go back out in the woods and go hug some trees.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Probably just trying to generate click revenue with a controversial headline and opinion. There are much more dangerous vehicles on the road...and they usually cost less than $3k.

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
Most cars can go 100 mph, and many can go 130 mph or more. Should we ban all cars because they exceed the speed limit if you press the pedal down too far? I think not.

Maybe we should ban all lawn mowers because they can cut off your fingers if you stick them under the deck. Oh, never mind; there is a warning sticker so that won't happen. :lol:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Wait, I just read Dodge is only making Demons for one production year? Hadn't heard or read that part before. So, only 3300 built ever?

I would still like some parts from the Demon on my current and future Challengers namely the back seat delete, rear brace and definitely the hood just to name a few.

With only 3300 ever being built, spare parts are going to be rare and pricey.

As to the OP about banning, any car in the hands of an idiot can be a deadly weapon. I highly doubt that someone paying $70k+ or more on a car is going to be in a huge hurry to wrap it around a tree. Sure, some people will drive it beyond their skill level but that goes with any car from ricers to super cars.

Cars are far safer these days overall or they couldn't be sold anywhere. It's the person driving them that can be the problem.

Ralph Nader's "unsafe at any speed" is just ill-informed. Cars today are not the rolling death traps of the 60's and 70's he became famous for calling out.

Ralph, not everyone is going to be driving a 700+hp car any time soon.

The future is sadly driver-less cars for the masses. I'll never own a driver-less car and likely won't live long enough to see the ban on cars not being driven by A.I.

So someday there just may be a Hellcat or Demon in my garage. Right next to a Viper ARC.

Suck on that battery powered, A.I. driving lunch box car owners!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts