Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted two identical grey Demon's driving thru Richmond, MI this morning. This is a very common route for manufacturer test mules to take M-19 up tp I-69. Was not quick enough to get my phone out to snap a pic...

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Did they have skinnies on?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'm not sure you will see the skinnies on them will you? Are they street legal skinnies?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did they have skinnies on?

No -testing on this route is normally for mileage, tuning, longevity, etc.
Plus, skinnies would likely never survive the Michigan roads in this area...

·
Registered
2015 R/T
491 Posts
Awesome taking my car to Richmond dodge on Weds for oil change may be I will get lucky and see one while I'm in the area.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wife was headed to Port Huron yesterday on I-69 and spotted one- the grey test mules, again.

·
Registered
570 Posts
No -testing on this route is normally for mileage, tuning, longevity, etc.
Plus, skinnies would likely never survive the Michigan roads in this area...
I read quite a bit about the deplorable road conditions in the State of Michigan. Even the car magazines that have headquarters there are constantly bringing up the subject. It's tough for me to visualize that they could be worse than the pot hole stricken, truck-filled highways of Illinois, a state that hasn't approved a budget in three years and has even got to the point that that can't buy toilet paper for some state managed facilities. (The employees are required to furnish their own -- for real)

Is it a state-wide dilemma in Michigan, or a regional issue?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read quite a bit about the deplorable road conditions in the State of Michigan. Even the car magazines that have headquarters there are constantly bringing up the subject. It's tough for me to visualize that they could be worse than the pot hole stricken, truck-filled highways of Illinois, a state that hasn't approved a budget in three years and has even got to the point that that can't buy toilet paper for some state managed facilities. (The employees are required to furnish their own -- for real)

Is it a state-wide dilemma in Michigan, or a regional issue?
Statewide

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics finally

Yesterday afternoon, I needed to stop at Home Depot on my way home from work. 26 Mile and M-53. Lo and behold - what was in the parking lot? A California Manufacturer plated Demon Test Mule...

Note the seats are in it and Pirelli tires...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Love the emergency stop button on the dash.
There was one spotted here in Columbus a couple weeks back, along with an SRT Charger and a Trailhawk, they appeared to be heading to an automotive test facility northwest of Columbus.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Love the emergency stop button on the dash.
There was one spotted here in Columbus a couple weeks back, along with an SRT Charger and a Trailhawk, they appeared to be heading to an automotive test facility northwest of Columbus.
It's not sounding too healthy in this video...
Probably should have made use of that "Emergency Stop Button".... before he likely finished it off. :disgust:

Half Dead Demon...

So a question for you guys that work for Chrysler...
Do you think the higher ups are going to be more upset that the employee blew it up, or that there is now film on youtube of him blasting down city streets well over the speed limit?

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's not sounding too healthy in this video...
Probably should have made use of that "Emergency Stop Button".... before he likely finished it off. :disgust:

Half Dead Demon...

So a question for you guys that work for Chrysler...
Do you think the higher ups are going to be more upset that the employee blew it up, or that there is now film on youtube of him blasting down city streets well over the speed limit?
He'd be looking for a new job if I were the boss.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
One thing hasn't changed.... I still hate the look. Most people are willing to ignore it because of the performance, but those JC Whitney flares are awful.... right along with black plastic rivets.

I could appreciate a true wide body, but not this.

On the video of the blown up Demon, you can see one guy actually pick at the rivet a little. :)

I know you can't retool a mold just for a limited run like this, but they should have just tailored the wheel to fit the drag radial. The current body holds a 10.5" wheel just fine, which will tuck a 305 if the offset is right.

This is right there with Chevy trucks running 35" tires that sit 6-8" outside the fenders well.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
That is NOT a demon test mule. It is a hellcat with bolt on parts to make it look like a demon. It is owned by a guy named Kyle who lives in Michigan and vacations in California hence the California plates.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is NOT a demon test mule. It is a hellcat with bolt on parts to make it look like a demon. It is owned by a guy named Kyle who lives in Michigan and vacations in California hence the California plates.
Funny that the same two were in convoy tonight on M-19 going south thru Richmond at 7:50.

Kyle have two?

Why would Kyle have a manufacturer plate?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Funny that the same two were in convoy tonight on M-19 going south thru Richmond at 7:50.
Kyle have two?

Why would Kyle have a manufacturer plate?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
This ^ ^ ^ ^ ^... anyone know the answer to that one.

Purely out of curiosity... didn't think any old joe could score manufacturer plates.

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
I believe some vendors who test certain parts for the OEMs can get M plates, don't think an M plate necessarily means the car is owned by FCA.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I believe some vendors who test certain parts for the OEMs can get M plates, don't think an M plate necessarily means the car is owned by FCA.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Sounds feasible. The guy at Home Depot a couple of weeks ago with one of these cars wore an FCA shirt. Father in law had these same two cars pass him Sunday on I-69 in Flint. Yesterday, they had Hellcat Challenger and Charger between them and all were followed by a camo'd Fiat 500.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts