Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a cracked WRT rim on my 2015 Scat Pack Shaker so I'm using this opportunity to go for some bigger rims and a staggered look. I have been looking at these two and have some questions:

Tire Rack
Sport Muscle SM73
20 X 9.5 +12mm offset
20 x 10.5 +22mm offset

Discount Tire
Wheel Replicas Demon
20 X 9 +20mm offset
20 x 10.5 +25mm offset

The Discount Tire set would be a few hundred bucks cheaper, but the offsets on these two seem very different and have me concerned. My car is not a widebody so I want the wheels to look correct and do not want to use spacers. I will be using my current 275's on the front but will be getting Firestone Firehawk 500's in 305 size for the rear. From what I have researched so far it seems people have used both wheels, but it seems the +12 and +22 might be a better fit. Anybody used either of these wheels on a regular body Scat Pack?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
if it helps, I ran a 10.5 w/ + 20mm (rear) in another wheel, and liked it very much. Put the rim lip directly in line with the fender when mounted. You may not even notice 5mm difference visually, its less than a 0.25" and some tires have more pronounced edge guard than others, so its all relative.
I also ran the FS Firehawk500s. I found them to be problematic when cold, kinda hard and prone to wheel hop ( I had taken wieght out of the car, so that coudl have contributed), but when they stick, they did ok. There are certainly better tires avail. Take a look at Bridgestone Potenza.
Thats my experience anyway.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if it helps, I ran a 10.5 w/ + 20mm (rear) in another wheel, and liked it very much. Put the rim lip directly in line with the fender when mounted. You may not even notice 5mm difference visually, its less than a 0.25" and some tires have more pronounced edge guard than others, so its all relative.
I also ran the FS Firehawk500s. I found them to be problematic when cold, kinda hard and prone to wheel hop ( I had taken wieght out of the car, so that coudl have contributed), but when they stick, they did ok. There are certainly better tires avail. Take a look at Bridgestone Potenza.
Thats my experience anyway.
Thanks for the info. I made a mistake - the rear options are +25 and +22, not +20 (post edited).

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
+22 would be a happy middle ground between +20 & +25.
I think your good to go with either.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,206 Posts
I run factory reproductions...9.5 (295s) up front and 10.5 (315s) in the rear...no spacers required. The spoke design (runs all the way down to the edge of the trim) is different from Voxx which it the version Discount tire sells.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I run factory reproductions...9.5 (295s) up front and 10.5 (315s) in the rear...no spacers required. The spoke design (runs all the way down to the edge of the trim) is different from Voxx which it the version Discount tire sells.

How do you like the Factory Reproductions wheels? I was thinking about picking up some of their wider Hellcat replica wheels but I see that they are cast rather than forged. I know cast wheels are both heavier and weaker than forged, but would it really matter for a street car? I plan to take my SRT 392 to somewhere around 500-600 wheel.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,206 Posts
I love them and when I bought them it cost like $1000 shipped. They really should have been the first mod to my car...looks way better than the polished classic II wheels IMO. The way I drive, I have no need for forged.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I love them and when I bought them it cost like $1000 shipped. They really should have been the first mod to my car...looks way better than the polished classic II wheels IMO. The way I drive, I have no need for forged.
What would you say would mark a need for forged vs cast wheels?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered the Voxx Demon wheels from discount tire on Friday and they were delivered today! That was fast. Springtime can’t come fast enough.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got this set with rear tires from a guy who Traded his car on a newer one that had Bigger rims. So I got a deal on them !
Hell they was only 1 month old. I also Like the Silver over the Black for my car.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,861 Posts
Looks great (y) With some tire dressing ;)

A Guy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts