Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced mysterious dents that show up from nowhere? My challenger has small little dings in various areas which the dealer told me were seams. One day while washing I noticed a 3" long dent above the passenger window. Anybody?????

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have noticed some on both doors, close to the door handle area. They go straight down. Also on the quarter panels and front fenders (where the fender meets the front facia).

·
Registered
723 Posts
Had them on all 3 that I owned. I love mopar and challenger, but could not deal with the dents coming on the doors and roof of a $50k hotrod. PDR can fix them for you, may can get your dealer to pay for it, Those guys go to the lots routinely to remove the dents, usually once per week.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
So I trust you guys with the Mustangs don't have any sheet metal issues. I wonder if the Camaro guys have any problems with it. :disappointed:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Metal is quite thin... I leaned lightly a little against the body behind the left front wheel and it dented a little... Can't really see it or tell, but couldn't believe it happened...

R

·
Registered
723 Posts
So I trust you guys with the Mustangs don't have any sheet metal issues. I wonder if the Camaro guys have any problems with it. :disappointed:
The sheet metal is thicker, plus there are more body line breaks in the mustang, not the large panels like the challenger. Maybe that is some of it, but I don't understand the ones that are showing up on the roof and around the door handles. Maybe flex ripples due to the torque of the Hemi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts