1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
You can also go on Amazon and buy from the National Geographic Channel, there is a video showing the making of the Challenger, Charger and 300's at the factory. Very cool video. Look under....Ultimate Factories:Dodge Challenger.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks for posting the vids. Back around 2005 there was a man at Chrysler who kept trying to doggedly convince upper management to revive the Challenger. Finally upper management acquiesced. He left the company to join another car company shortly after Dodge started gearing up for the proto type. I wish I could remember his name. I saw an interview with him shortly before he left, a real hero for the Dodge Challenger.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,634 Posts
If I remember correctly, it started with the retro Ford Thunderbird, but the retro Mustang is what really got peoples attention, the Challenger was next, then the Camaro. I don't know if the Challenger would have happened if the retro Mustang hadn't been such a big hit. So, thank you Mustang :D

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
14,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for posting the vids. Back around 2005 there was a man at Chrysler who kept trying to doggedly convince upper management to revive the Challenger. Finally upper management acquiesced. He left the company to join another car company shortly after Dodge started gearing up for the proto type. I wish I could remember his name. I saw an interview with him shortly before he left, a real hero for the Dodge Challenger.
This designer video gives some insight into what inspired the Challenger concept car. Originally, it was just a MOPAR project, where several possible concepts were discussed, including a Road Runner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts