Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
went to discount tires got new front tires , no problem. However, all week my check engine (mult misfire) and battery sign. Took to Autozone to get a better obdII reading, well alternator needs changed. The car actually died due to lack of charge had it jumped twice once crossing wires for less than a minute, spent this afternoon replacing it, did a good job. When I started the car, the car showed warning lights of txn control, check engine, radio wont turn on signal lights wont work, brights dont work, tpms warning light , i CHECKED AS MANY FUSES AS i COULD THINKING THE mis wiring during the jump shorted systems. Car actually runs great. Plz help any ideas:beer_yum: BTW 09 SRT8 Challenger

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
had it jumped twice once crossing wires for less than a minute
Might be most of the problem right there, could have fried a LOT of stuff? Unhook the battery for a few min. and it may reset some stuff and get it to work again.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
These fancy new cars dont take well to jump starting backwards.:ugh: If a battery disconnect doesnt help, Your best bet is to take it to the dealer for proper diagnosis. The electronics are too spendy to be guessing. Good Luck, Ken.

·
Registered
540 Posts
...once crossing wires for less than a minute...
Are you saying you reversed the direction of the voltage for a minute? That's a bigger problem than you may think, especially with these sensitive CAN bus systems. My condolences.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Yea!I know someone with a Nissan that just touched the wrong post a second or less,wiped out all of the electronics.Tow Truck!At least yours still runs.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
You can't reverse the 12V. If you did, well, that is not good. First, I would unplug the battery in the trunk for 1/2 hour, then hook it back up. See what happens. What your describing may be a TIPM- there may be some defense in the car that fails to protect the vehicle at large. Sounds like your main computer survive ok. If it doesn't come back up, that's gonna be a B to troubleshoot. Dealer will rape you. Do you have full coverage?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
replaced alternator all good, replaced bad battery, radio still not working, signals, brights, but rear defrost works, going to take it to dealership I checked most fuses all good but not relays. any help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts