Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always here of people waxing there cars and getting them ready for the winter, is there a reason why some people don't detail there cars in the winter? Besides being cold out!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Happy New Year....

Here's one reason I don't. This is after only 30 min. with the garage door open while shoveling snow.
won't drive when there's salt on the streets and not enough room in the garage.

(OO [::::::::::::::::SRT:::] OO)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
detailing / car care

A beautiful car deserves a nice car cover, even in the garage. Our baby is cuddled up under her cover, along with our 82' RX-7 & 01' PT Cruiser. Covers are pretty cheap protection. :guiness:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I Detailed my Car Just Last Week And I'm From Chicago!!! Clay bar,Polish Before The Snow Hit
Do you drive it in the snow/rain/frosty weather?? I DON'T!! mine stays in the garage until dry sunny days. Christmas was 42deg, dry roads, between 2-3pm I was a happy man getting my baby out for some much needed 0-60 bursts, the magnuson supercharger is soooo addictive!!! (addictive and therapeutic at the same time)

she gets the microfiber wipe down once or twice a day in the garage. Did the mothers ultimate wax 3 stage wax treatment the weekend before Christmas. That Jazz Pearl Blue is so sweet in the sunlight!!

wax every month, dress the tires & buff the chrome wheels one a week, daily wipe down, weekly glass cleaning & leather conditioning etc.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mines a daily driver. keep it clean drive it the snow ice what ever and was and wax and it shines like a new penny. will really get after in the spring.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
A beautiful car deserves a nice car cover, even in the garage. Our baby is cuddled up under her cover, along with our 82' RX-7 & 01' PT Cruiser. Covers are pretty cheap protection. :guiness:
I don't drive my ride in the winter because of the salt on the roads. But I don't keep a cover on it because I back it out of the garage at least once a week and "warm it up" for at least ten minutes or so. A cover would be a PITA. Not needed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Do you drive it in the snow/rain/frosty weather?? I DON'T!! mine stays in the garage until dry sunny days. Christmas was 42deg, dry roads, between 2-3pm I was a happy man getting my baby out for some much needed 0-60 bursts, the magnuson supercharger is soooo addictive!!! (addictive and therapeutic at the same time)

she gets the microfiber wipe down once or twice a day in the garage. Did the mothers ultimate wax 3 stage wax treatment the weekend before Christmas. That Jazz Pearl Blue is so sweet in the sunlight!!

wax every month, dress the tires & buff the chrome wheels one a week, daily wipe down, weekly glass cleaning & leather conditioning etc.
Wax EVERY month?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
50 Posts
Water-based cleaners generally suck to get on your hands when it's cold out

TCB

·
Registered
205 Posts
Problem is it's too darn cold to water wash and I wouldn't go through any kind of auto wash. If I could find a self pressure wash that didn't freeze after washing, which happened to me around Thanksgiving, I would do it.
I literally had to rotate the car in the sun to melt the ice on the fenders. I figured that was it for the year. I waxed it with Meguiars and now use Meguiars Ultimate detailed and a micro fiber to keep it presentable. And now it's way to cold for that too.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I washed mine today, I take itto the self service car wash, fill my two buckets,one with fresh water and the other with my soap and wash away. The self service uses hot water, so my hands last a bit longer in the cold weather. One of the benefits I guess for me is there is no one else there.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
I may just be insane plus I'm canadian, but I've hand washed my challenger last winter in the driveway in negative something weather and then stuffed in back into my garage... It sure was brutal and killed my hands, but when i looked at it. all shiny looking beautiful in the garage it was worth it. Now that I've moved out and don't have a garage i haven't hand washed my car in months and it kills me.

Shifty

·
Registered
205 Posts
I may just be insane plus I'm canadian, but I've hand washed my challenger last winter in the driveway in negative something weather and then stuffed in back into my garage... It sure was brutal and killed my hands, but when i looked at it. all shiny looking beautiful in the garage it was worth it. Now that I've moved out and don't have a garage i haven't hand washed my car in months and it kills me.

Shifty
All I can say is you da man. At my age I wouldn't be able open the door cause my fingers wouldn't work if it was that cold. Not to mention I breath through a hole in my throat. Makes things a little more difficult.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
All I can say is you da man. At my age I wouldn't be able open the door cause my fingers wouldn't work if it was that cold. Not to mention I breath through a hole in my throat. Makes things a little more difficult.

Its pretty brutal...Probably wouldn't do it again, Don't have a lot of meat on my bones and the cold sets in quick! aha.
Def. wouldn't want that freezing up like someone already said. lol

Shifty

1 - 17 of 17 Posts