Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a detailing kit that will go from first car wash to first car show. I've never owned a car like this before where I want to maintain its high gloss appearance. It is a Black Chally. My first Black vehicle. Any suggestions? Cheers!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I have used a lot of waxes but once i went with Zaino i will never use anything again!!It might look expensive but when you add up as much as i spent on other waxes Zaino is actually cheaper.My friend has a black srt and it has 16k miles on it but it looks better then brand new black challengers(he uses Zaino)..
Zaino Store

·
Registered
402 Posts
Any suggestions?
Heh... Don't let the dealer wash it! (& get some coats of wax on asap after de-gunking rail dust etc.)

I hadn't waxed a car in years myself & will share my weekend lessons.

Remembered having good luck with Meguiars products before. Gambled on some Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax. Don't let the "Liquid" fool you, it's still wax, & it's still a b&#ch. Was quite happy with the finished product though. Pre-washed with Meguiars Gold Class wash, lambs wool mit, 2 bucket method. Will probably do a 2nd coat this weekend.

Also, bought a little $10 halogen work light... does amazing things for wax/blemish visibility while working on black. Might go back and get much bigger dual/stand version!! :)

Not sure how the pollen is in Washington this year, but it literally takes about 20 seconds to develop a visible "pile" after a wipe across the trunk down here in Louisiana on a windy day. I wouldn't wax anywhere but indoors if possible.

Though you can't see it in this photo, the black has a ton of flake in it. One could almost just fall in and drown in it, in the sunlight.

un-retouched phone photo... & why does my "9" look crooked?!
also, note* all "blemishes" are actually reflections of things in background.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I follow many of the steps offered in this video. The hand wax works very well. As you wax you can fell the slickness of the paint. You also have less chance of picking up dust, sand and dirt, compared to a cloth or pad. I have three coats of wax Meguire's gold class on this way and it is great. I follow this up with a coat of Meguire's liquid wax once a month. Then just Meguire's quick detailing spray every other day as needed. Only use high quality microfiber cloths. A tip is get a large ziplock bag and place two microfiber clothes in it, then add half a bottle of meguire's quick detailing spray. This way you will always have a kits ready for touch ups.

Here are a few pictures, car is three years old and is a daily driver with over 26,000 kms.

http://www.challengertalk.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=11259 link to Member's Gallery for more pictures.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have used a lot of waxes but once i went with Zaino i will never use anything again!!It might look expensive but when you add up as much as i spent on other waxes Zaino is actually cheaper.My friend has a black srt and it has 16k miles on it but it looks better then brand new black challengers(he uses Zaino)..
Zaino Store
Yes,...x2!

·
Registered
323 Posts
i usually use mostly meguiars stuff personally. doesnt hurt that they were a sponsor of mine previously. them and mothers. zaino is a good wax. a clay bar i feel is a nessecity. just go find you a nice bag that will fit everything. get some good microfiber towels and good standard cloth towels

·
Registered
852 Posts
POORBOY'S WORLD

poorboysworld.com

My top choice! Have used Zaino on multiple cars, but prefer the poorboy's. Ease of use is incredible, and really really brings out the shine/depth

·
Registered
812 Posts
Check out my pics using Menzerna products. A link is in my signature for photobucket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts