Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just stopping by to say hi and show some pics of my new to me 2009 RT. I've had it for 3 weeks, and have already replaced the chin spoiler as a previous owner installed it half...butt, and it came loose and scraped on the highway. I used some info on this forum to make sure I put the new one on correctly. Here is some pics of the orange beastie.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a pic of the spoiler that got loose during a high speed run next to a Vette when I was heading downtown for the Tigers last home game. The previous owner didn't put in the push pins that supported the spoiler and the belly pan to the rad support. So it was just plastic being held up by more plastic. Some weekend warriors are just idiots I guess.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congratulations Hemi, good job on the repair. Looks BRAND new.....it is. Done right. Now, the remarkable part of your car in it's shine. That car looks great. Whatever you are doing keep it up. I would like to see a picture with the lights on.
How it looks, perhaps at night. Whatever, great car!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations Hemi, good job on the repair. Looks BRAND new.....it is. Done right. Now, the remarkable part of your car in it's shine. That car looks great. Whatever you are doing keep it up. I would like to see a picture with the lights on.
How it looks, perhaps at night. Whatever, great car!!!
Thanks Silver Scat!

I have to say it was a lucky find, and I searched nationwide for about a year for something in my budget. Just over 39,000 miles when I picked it up, and it had all the stuff on my wishlist(Manual Transmission, Leather seats, and Moonroof). I never originally considered Orange, but when I saw this one in person I fell in love with it! The bonus for me was the Magnaflow exhaust and the Cold Air Intake that was already installed. It sounds awesome and it scoots!!

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,642 Posts
My first modern Challenger was a 2009 RT in hemi orange. It looked identical to yours minus the sunroof. I loved that car and miss it to this day. I would have kept it if I could, but it went when I bought my current car. Good luck with it and have fun.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first modern Challenger was a 2009 RT in hemi orange. It looked identical to yours minus the sunroof. I loved that car and miss it to this day. I would have kept it if I could, but it went when I bought my current car. Good luck with it and have fun.
Thanks fyrdude. I can't say I blame you for getting an SRT 392 to replace it!

Welcome from Md!
I appreciate the welcome Sportbiker!

·
Super Moderator
14,209 Posts
Congratulations on your Challenger R/T. Hemi-Orange is the best color (I'm biased). It was original color of the concept car. It is also the color of my 2009 SRT.

Watch this video in which Trevor Creed introduces the Challenger concept and the updated Hemi-Orange Pearl color. (17:24 minute mark).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome and it looks like that first shot was at Suburban Ford in Sterling Heights, which is a stones throw from my house.
Nice looking car, it looks like the previous owner kept it up, minus the spoiler I guess.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,049 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,704 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Your classic looks awesome :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome and it looks like that first shot was at Suburban Ford in Sterling Heights, which is a stones throw from my house.
Nice looking car, it looks like the previous owner kept it up, minus the spoiler I guess.
That's where I bought it. Yeah it was well taken care of for sure. One mistake can be forgiven

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Thanks Silver Scat!

I have to say it was a lucky find, and I searched nationwide for about a year for something in my budget. Just over 39,000 miles when I picked it up, and it had all the stuff on my wishlist(Manual Transmission, Leather seats, and Moonroof). I never originally considered Orange, but when I saw this one in person I fell in love with it! The bonus for me was the Magnaflow exhaust and the Cold Air Intake that was already installed. It sounds awesome and it scoots!!
I am very happy for you!!! Good job, now have fun!

·
Registered
2015 R/T
520 Posts
I'm at 19 mile and Sch. area during the summer I go up to Kohls were they have a car show on Monday maybe I will see there sometime

·
Registered
947 Posts
Looks just like my first one - love the hood to fender stripes. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts