Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their black Devil's Rim that comes on a SP Wide Body? I am not a fan of black wheels, but if you like them, that's awesome. Looking for something that is either a Hellcat or Viper rep, in a silver shade. 20" X 11"

Pic for reference of what I want to possibly replace:

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,230 Posts
Reactions: moparnoother

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Powder coat or paint the Devil ones. They’re better looking than the RedEye Widebidy wheels......IMO.

Aren’t they what comes stock on Redeye WB ? I have them on mine. I wish they had the 5 spoke wheels the same size.
Tire Alloy wheel Wheel Automotive tire Rim

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do I track down the part number for these on the 50th Anniversary? That's exactly what I want:

·
Super Moderator
17,441 Posts
the WB wheels aren't going to work for a standard body model - the 11" wheel is going to protrude beyond the wheel lip - that's why the wheel wheel openings are cut out larger and the wheel flares.

The wheel wells are cut approximately where the indented stamping is on a standard body - for reference.

There's companies that make Devil's Rim replicas in a 9.5" - 10" width - this is a former member's '17 Scat Pack (he did the Shaker hood conversion on it) with the replicas in the appropriate width for a standard body model. Most aftermarket wheels that are built to order typically offer various finishes:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Super Moderator
17,441 Posts
Also - the WB SP 50th Anniversary wheels are $$$ (like $1,100 per wheel) and the wait time can stretch out to May - July 2021.

A member has a 50th Anniv model that had a blemish on the wheel - and his projected replacement is 2021.

It looks like Chrysler has ordered enough for production, but barely any stock for replacements and the wheels are made overseas - so that adds more time for production and shipping.

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a repaint via powdercoat is the way to go. Thanks for reminding about that wheel repair place in the 'couv, Hal. Unless someone wants to trade me their Warp Speed Granite wheels from their Widebody Hellcat!

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,230 Posts
Aren’t they what comes stock on Redeye WB ? I have them on mine. I wish they had the 5 spoke wheels the same size. View attachment 1001149
That’s why I provided the link.......they’re different than the wheels in the link (at least on the 2020 model in link).

·
Super Moderator
17,441 Posts
Here's two more WB wheels..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
the Warp Speed wheels look like the 7 spoke Charger WB wheels I've seen on 50th Anniv Daytona, with a dark finish

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,715 Posts
You can always try silver plasidip, it is removable (and tons cheaper). If so, I would only do part of the wheel. Like the exterior surfaces of the 5 big U spokes.
Then if you really like it, but not the actual finish, go for powder coating later.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
The wheels on the Hellraisin Challenger are called Carbon Black and are the standard wheel for the '20 Widebody Challenger and optional for the Widebody Scatpack. View attachment 1001277
Thanks, see that now. These carbon black wheels definitely look better to me than the devil's rims.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,715 Posts
This is what I was trying to say, I just mocked this up. Highlight the spoke areas, leaving the majority black.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts