Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
177 Posts
Those are factory installed jack points for the rear. For some weird reason, they come with rear points but not front.
This company sells the same type of thing for the front. For '17 and newer there is a threaded hole they go into. For '16 & older you need to put an insert into the subframe. I have them on my '16. They were a little bit of a PITA to install but once they are in they are solid. I did notice the front are a bit further inboard than the rear. Its a harder reach with my floor jack

here we go, this shows the 'notch'/indent in that plastic rail along the bottom edge, near the rear tire. It also shows that plastic cone thing, Its pretty solid. maybe that is the jacking point? One on each side of the car.
Hmmmmmmm
Parrott

It has the 'Chrysler' emblem on the part, can't beat that : )
closer:

If its a jack point, good location. If it isn't , well , then we need to add jack pads on the rear of the Challenger. I have to wash the Challenger,
parrott

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi McCloud, Nope no plastic around. The thin part of the jack pad is on the outside of the pinch weld, behind the bottom trim. The top of jack pad, the big hunk of aluminum, went right up to the bottom the car. no plastic around at all. Let me see if I have a pic , its strange to take a pic upside down, LOL

I kept fidding with the plastic trim. It has nothing to do with the jack pad. I adjusted the two screws up in the front wheel well, that the trim attaches to. It seems straighter, but I keep pushing the bottom trim back towards the side of the jack pad. to close that quarter inch gap there. Nothing to connect it to the car. but that is sheet metal right above the jack pad. Its not plastic, and you see the pinch weld there.
I didn't trim anything. Pencil eraser are those marks on the pad. It was wedged in there to hold it on my test fit. I have marine rtv on the jack pad and the car, to hep hold it in please over time.
I hope this helps.
best regards
parrott

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Hi McCloud, Nope no plastic around. The thin part of the jack pad is on the outside of the pinch weld, behind the bottom trim. The top of jack pad, the big hunk of aluminum, went right up to the bottom the car. no plastic around at all. Let me see if I have a pic , its strange to take a pic upside down, LOL View attachment 994362
I kept fidding with the plastic trim. It has nothing to do with the jack pad. I adjusted the two screws up in the front wheel well, that the trim attaches to. It seems straighter, but I keep pushing the bottom trim back towards the side of the jack pad. to close that quarter inch gap there. Nothing to connect it to the car. but that is sheet metal right above the jack pad. Its not plastic, and you see the pinch weld there.
I didn't trim anything. Pencil eraser are those marks on the pad. It was wedged in there to hold it on my test fit. I have marine rtv on the jack pad and the car, to hep hold it in please over time.
I hope this helps.
best regards
parrott
Thanks for the pics.. I double checked.. not sure WTH I thought was happening.. probably would have helped if I lifted the car at least enough to see under there (car is lowered) I'll be putting those on tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
Those are factory installed jack points for the rear. For some weird reason, they come with rear points but not front.
This company sells the same type of thing for the front. For '17 and newer there is a threaded hole they go into. For '16 & older you need to put an insert into the subframe. I have them on my '16. They were a little bit of a PITA to install but once they are in they are solid. I did notice the front are a bit further inboard than the rear. Its a harder reach with my floor jack

Awesome , Thanks 'Droptopron' I sure do appreciate that confirmation.
Interesting on the Mopar brand jack pads, I guess since mine are attached now, I guess I am committed to them, LOL for now.
cool thanks !
parrott

Reactions: droptopron

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
209 Posts
Hey Beemerchef, There seems to me two kinds, the permanent ones which like I installed, out on the weld but if you look at the first photo's on the thread, that is the appropriate place to install the jack pads.
Then you have the temporary ones you put on the pinch weld that has a magnet that holds it in place for you to just up the car and when you let the Challenger down, you pull the jack pad off . Its easy to use,

If my Challenger had a jack, it would probably would have a notch cut in the lift point to straddle that pinch weld. It indicates that in the owners manual and says the indents in the bottom plastic trim, is where the jack goes. Its never says exclusively to put it at that notch, but it does say place at the notch indent in the plastic trim.

I translate that 'sill flange' as the long 'pinch weld' along the bottom of the car The diagram in the manual shows the rear jacking point nearer to the door, whereas on the Challenger,( in the driveway) its closer to the rear tire.
I will take a pic,
best parrott
Thanks for the reply.

So the car went in today for another oil change [3rd one in 5,000 miles, next 10K] and since I can see them work on the car I noticed that their lift has rubber pads. They did use the "weld seam" up front but the pads being about 3/4" rubber, the weld just sank in there and no damage whatsoever. I will never be working on my car and they will be the only ones working on it so I can pass up buying those pads unless the situation changes.

Appreciate the effort. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Thanks for the pics.. I double checked.. not sure WTH I thought was happening.. probably would have helped if I lifted the car at least enough to see under there (car is lowered) I'll be putting those on tomorrow.

Okay tried installing these today.. they do hit the plastic, they are too wide too fit in between to only set on the metal. My pic didn't turn out so using the attached, I think you can get the idea.

24682761238_59c7299a7b_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
That is killer McCloud. Mine is like the pic from 'Cabdriver' , there is no plastic on the bottom/ inside of the pinch-weld.
I guess they changed them a little since 2016/17 ? I think there is a small hole for that plastic rivet shown on your pic, under my car in front of the jack pad.
I guess if you had enough room and your challenger is high enough you could trim that plastic with a dremal cut tool or x-acto knife, to fit the pad in.
Best regards
parrott

21 - 30 of 30 Posts