Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been messing with the intune 2 my buddy gave back to me when he sold his jeep. I was curious as to what the differences were in the 87 and 93 canned tune on my 2013 JGC 5.7 (suspect it will be similar results with 5.7 challengers as the engines are essentially the same). Anyways, what I discovered what the only change between the two tunes is WOT spark....everything else is identical, trans settings, knock sensor sensitivity, WOT fueling...etc. The DTC list is also the same but for some reason HP tuners always seems to flag that there is a difference but if I scroll through the list I don't see anything obvious. Just thought I would share.

87 WOT spark

93 WOT spark

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,204 Posts
I'm playing a similar game with a Durango with a 4.7. I've got an Accel 49503 tuner (re-branded Superchips Flashpaq F4).
Four tunes are listed - 87, 87 Mileage saver, 91 tow, and 91 performance. The only tune that's different from the rest is 91 performance and it is a similar spark scenario - plus they removed the PE delay and reduced throttle tip-in spark reduction.

Whenever you compare 2 tunes, the DTC group almost always seems to pop up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts