Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a Trinity and loaded the 91 tune. Since then, there are times when I have turned the car off that I have heard what sounds like the fan running down. Based on what I have read doing searches on this, some say the 91 tune lowers the fan settings a bit from stock and is already set up for a 180 thermostat. I have a jet 180 coming. So, will I be o.k. just putting it in and going or will I need to adjust the fans further? If so, what do they need to be set at for the Jet 180? I will say, I do not want the fans to be running all the time as I do not want to risk wearing them out.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I have recently bought a Trinity and loaded the 91 tune. Since then, there are times when I have turned the car off that I have heard what sounds like the fan running down. Based on what I have read doing searches on this, some say the 91 tune lowers the fan settings a bit from stock and is already set up for a 180 thermostat. I have a jet 180 coming. So, will I be o.k. just putting it in and going or will I need to adjust the fans further? If so, what do they need to be set at for the Jet 180? I will say, I do not want the fans to be running all the time as I do not want to risk wearing them out.
The 91 tune does lower the fan settings.

The best way to set your fans is to do a test run with the 180 t-stat in. Get up to highway cruising speeds and see what your water temperature is at. Further, you can see what your water temperature is at after cruising and then doing a few Wide Open Throttle runs. Then add 10 to Low Fan (this 10 deg buffer allows the fans to shut off once you get back to cruising speed), 13 to Medium Fan and 23 to High Fan.

For example, if cruising at 70mph the water temperature is at 185 deg without the fans on, then the fan settings would be Low - 195, Medium - 198, High - 208. If at wide open throttle, the water temperature peaks to 188, then set the temperature to Low - 198, Medium - 201, High - 211. These settings ensure that your fans aren't running and the radiator is doing the work it is suppose to be doing while at cruising and high speeds.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O.K. Thanks

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I just installed a 180 t-stat, 85mm throttle body, and 91 octane Diablo tune using InTune. The car runs much better, but after a few spirited runs thru the gears, my coolant temp was hovering between 200 - 210. I figured with the new t-stat that they wouldn't get that high.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts