Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 dodge Challenger GT and was wondering if I could use the double bypass from my Tazer tuner to plug in the Diablo tuner without doing a pcm swap. Do i have to do a PCM swap to get the the Diablo to properly tune my vehicle?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
194 Posts
I believe you will need to get your PCM unlocked before you can do any tuning.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. My modded PCM comes in a week. So im just being impatient with Dodge's dumb security precautions. If My Tazer needed a double-bypass to 'bypass' security software and tune for RWD, would the Diablo not be able to tune hp aswell through the double bypass?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) You need an unlocked PCM to tune on 2015+ always. The bypass should work for your tuner as well. The Tazer makes no PCM modifications, all in the BCM I believe, so apples and apricots ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
194 Posts
Umm, A Guy are you sure about that, Tazer? I am pretty sure that's what Challytatum uses to tune. The OBX and alpha software only do the BCM.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
I will not say that I am certain, but how else could a Tazer make changes that don't require it to be left plugged in, without an unlocked PCM? The Tazer does not tune, it only enables features already available on other trim or with purchased packages. ChallyTatum uses HP Tuners to tune

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
194 Posts
I will not say that I am certain, but how else could a Tazer make changes that don't require it to be left plugged in, without an unlocked PCM? The Tazer does not tune, it only enables features already available on other trim or with purchased packages. ChallyTatum uses HP Tuners to tune

A Guy
Your right, my bad. I was thinking Tazer was HP Tuner for some reason and I was also like WHAT is up with A Guy he would know this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts